[RID,UT] Armada Sideways

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Koolbeans X-treme
Protoform

Armada Sideways

Post by Koolbeans X-treme »

ok, so i know sideways was really unicron, kinda confuses me, but w/e. so what about the minicons he had, both of them. did unicron have like 3 little bodies he just sent out. or what? i heard tht ncron created he minicons, does that mean the mini cons are to unicron wheat the autobots/deceptcons are to primus? can someone just explain the whole sideyas thing again, clearer? i reread all that there was in the fourm that i could find about him.

also, is the sideys from cyberron the same as form aramda, cuz i thought he died.
Lambda prime
Protoform

Post by Lambda prime »

I think they screwed up the translation, in episode 24 in cyber space Sideways obeys Unicrons command to back off from the kids then at the end of episode 51 while fleeing the heart he says "optimus all this could have been avoided if you had just listened to unicron." which doesn't exactly sound right.

I think Sideways is a transformer who merged with Unicron much like Megatron did in Energon.
Alphadog
Check out Ebay store for Armada, Energon, Alternators, 20th Anniversery figures:
Jil sells all
Undeaddan/
Friends site
Tacticalunderground
HeavyArms
Protoform

Post by HeavyArms »

This is all good and well, but does anyone actually care?
Destruction is my specialty
Koolbeans X-treme
Protoform

um.........wtf, i kinda care. why else would i be asking it?
Lambda prime
Protoform

Post by Lambda prime »

he just wanted attention even if it is negative. Awwwwwww.
Alphadog
Check out Ebay store for Armada, Energon, Alternators, 20th Anniversery figures:
Jil sells all
Undeaddan/
Friends site
Tacticalunderground
Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

Originally posted by HeavyArms
This is all good and well, but does anyone actually care?

If you don't care, there's no need for you to reply to this thread, no?
Looking for a complete Energon Sky Shadow (from Superion Maximus).
Offering: Binaltech Hound, Swindle, Ravage (Corvette), Skids.
Can buy in stores: Robot Heroes Tigatron/Inferno, Ricochet/Predaking.
Eliotron
Protoform

sideways?

Post by Eliotron »

He was a put in to make armada more exciting (But Sideways was a very crap idea) The Writers get slacker every season, ever since Geration 1 ended
Animations on Youtube under Freddery.
Koolbeans X-treme
Protoform

look Eliotron, im not trying ot be an ass or anything, and this dosent just apply to you, but everybody has to realize something. the show didnt get wrose.
ok maybe a lil worse, but BW was amazing. i think BM was pretty damn good too. Armada was sweet, it added the new idea of mini cons (and nobody start bitching about minicons now.) and as of the moment, from what ive seen, which is up to ep. 12, cybertron is kicking major ass. probably the best after bw. even RID was pretty good. nobody here realizes that its just to sell kids toys.

and the reason the shows are egtting so much worse for you is your getting older. you dont have teh same frame of mind as a 8 year old, or even a 15 year old. you remember G1 from you kid days, so you think its still all good. but watch some of them now. i can say i loved G1 when i was little, but now that watch it, its really not so good. i mean ya it sparked (no pun intended) the tf's but common they kill off people w/e they wnat to sell a new toy. so everybody could we please stop always saying, G1 is great, everyhting else is crap. i like G1, but its not god-like. you can have better shows then it. i think BW, cybertron and G1 are all tied in my book.
Bodycount
Protoform

Post by Bodycount »

The guy just wants some info, come on.
Micron Legend, being the best series ever, is worth discussing.

Like NM said, if you don't care, then you don't belong here.

Lemme sum up some Armada for you.

Sideways is Unicron the same way Galvatron is Unicron. He just merged with him through a pact. in ML/SL, Unicron cannot act on his own. He's a balance, an energy. It's the same as saying Winter is trying to destroy your planet. The issue is that Unicron gains sentience and evil intentions when magnified through the hearts of Transformers with ill intent. He exists in all life and all beings, but it's the intent of the living that gives him breath. See?

Let me also clarify, before I start adding together the continuity, that GF's plot points were written in the US by the Hasbro team before Gonzo engineered them to be a restart. Thusly, when I say Sideways was originally from Planet X, he is...it's Hasbro's idea. It's not something they just made up for Noisemaze in Japan, it come from Hasbro first.

Here's the thing. About 3 million years ago, the Mini-cons were born, harnessed Transformers for energy, then Unicron woke up, and destroyed Cybertron.

A time paradox that's kinda confusing at first led to this event in history being avoided, because Rad was sent into the past to give the Mini-cons a "soul". Just like Unicron, they feed off energy. The Unicron we know has just had too much negative energy, thusly craves it.

Because of the time change, Highwire commands the mini-cons to escape to earth and Unicron is never born within the moon. This even is held off until 2010 in the Armada toon.

At the time, Sideways was a pawn created by Unicron, with his own mind and personality, but he was still a part of Unicron. Just like the minicons. Consider him just a larger Mini-con. Unicron limits his power to keep him under control, but when the time is right, can grant him greater power(like when he could turn into static or travel through Cyberspace).

Now, with Cybertron adding some history to Sideways. He was originally a being from a war world called Planet X. It was destroyed and he was the only survivor, along with Soundwave, and one Condor. This sounds suspicious. It's been noted in GF that Noisemaze is different than the Noisemaze army from the past.

In "Ask Vector Prime", it has been stated that Unicron's dark power has kept him alive after Armada.

It's easy to see that after Planet X went up, he pacted with Unicron and was made a slave through Armada. Seems after his deeds in Armada, he is free of his pact and has pursued vengeance for his race.

So with Cybertron adding story, he is now a pact being, not a cold creation of Unicron.

Also, with Giant/Gigalonia's story, it seems the Mini-cons were originally from that planet, but have mostly all vanished. Some evolved into larger beings, but the core race is gone. Many were destroyed by Planet X. It's possible that when Planet X went up, the same time the Mini-cons were all killed, they were absorbed by Unicron.

Unicron's special gift is that he can restore life. I believe the Mini-cons are actually resurrected beings from Gigalonia/Giant, from the past, which is what ties Sideways history to the Mini-cons...