[BW,BM] Power of sparks?

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
ravimus prime
Protoform

Power of sparks?

Post by ravimus prime »

In beast wars, optimus primal merged with 1 spark (optimus prime) and became 10 times bigger. In beast machines, megatron merged with millions of sparks and only became about 3 times bigger? Thoughts please.
Dead Man Wade

Post by Dead Man Wade »

The Optimal Optimus toy was much bigger than Transmetal Primal, and they needed a way to justify his transformation, whereas Megatron's size increase was just a plot point?
ShadowSonic
Protoform

Post by ShadowSonic »

Well, Prime's spark also had the Matrix with it, so I guess the change was something like the Rodimus uprade as well?

With Megs, I thought he became alot bigger than just that, I mean I figured he was Trypticon size or something by the end...
I'd like to say it's been nice knowing you, but I'd be lying.

-Vile
Cyberman

Post by Cyberman »

Perhaps Megatron "consumed" these sparks, instead of merging with them?
In a perfect world, this would be a signature. As it stands, it's just the lack of.
Dead Man Wade

Post by Dead Man Wade »

Originally posted by ShadowSonic
With Megs, I thought he became alot bigger than just that, I mean I figured he was Trypticon size or something by the end...

Hardly. The BW Transformers were more on scale with the protohumans than their Generation One predecessors, so even if he quadrupled in size, he'd barely be comparable to Bumblebee.
ShadowSonic
Protoform

Post by ShadowSonic »

Not exactly, the sclae was sort of messed up. Optimal Optimus's head was the same size as G1 Prime's, and Transmetal Megs was around 3/5 the size of G1 Megs. TMII Megs was the saem size as a G1 TF.

It's just that scene in "Agenda" where TMI Megs is as big as Prime's head that screws it all up, but the animators said they only did that for drama reasons.

In BM, I think they all got bigger, Tankor was at least the size of a G1er, and BM Primal was the same size as TMII Megs who also was G1 size.

Remember, Optimal Optimus and Optimal Megatron weren't the same size, the same body model but not the same size. Optimal Megs was between G1er and Gestalt size.

-Vile
ravimus prime
Protoform

Post by ravimus prime »

Yes that is clear but BW megatron took in a spark and got much bigger. Then he took millions and only became a bit bigger. Shouldn't he have been the size of unicron? So, did the civillians of cybertron have weak sparks, and megatron's one spark was more powerful than all combined? Or maybe it's just a plot hole...:eyebrow:
ShadowSonic
Protoform

Post by ShadowSonic »

It was a combination of the TMII Driver and G1 Megs' spark that changed TMI Megs to TMII Megs (He had been exposed to it previously, it just took the extra power from the spark and the lava bath to initiate the transformation), and it was the combination of the Matrix and Prime's spark that changed TMI Primal to Optimal Optimus.

Maybe becuase it was just regualr sparks with nothing else that Megs' didn't become mega-huge?

Or he just controlled the process so he could still be close enough in size to Primal to gloat...

-Vile