Galvatron and Soundwave had a thing??

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
zigzagger

Post by zigzagger »

sigh.......:nonono:

alright...I can play along...

But alas, Galvatron and Soundwave were unable to get married in the conservative U.S so they moved to Canada where their union would be sanctioned.

I wasn't even invited.....jerks:( . I heard it was a beautiful wedding with a lovely decepticon purple motif. Starscream sang Ave Maria during the wedding march, he has such a....interesting singing voice.

I wonder who proposed?
I bet it was Galvatron...Soundwave has always been the submissive one.
("\('o')/")
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

;)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Hawkeye
Protoform

Post by Hawkeye »

FAIL.
Image . "Hawkeye's the best! Hawkeye's got the cutest eyes! Hawkeye's got some kinda butt! I swear, Ralph, ever since that blowhard joined up, all I hear is Hawkeye, Hawkeye, Hawk...."- Green Arrow, JLA/Avengers #3.
*sig (once again) generously made by Denyer*
Rosalie
Protoform

Post by Rosalie »

inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

Only Decepticons use drugs? How do we explain Warpath then?
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Tetsuro
Protoform
Custom Title: Poe Dameron did nothing wrong

Post by Tetsuro »

Originally posted by inflatable dalek

He doesn't NEED to use drugs. His blood is liquid LSD.
Rodimus_Prime's girl

Post by Rodimus_Prime's girl »

Originally posted by Tetsuro
He doesn't NEED to use drugs. His blood is liquid LSD.
huh?:wtf:
Autbots! Transform---and roll out!
The Nemesis Scourge
Protoform

Parody!

Post by The Nemesis Scourge »

Originally posted by artemisrex
I just got the Transformers Season 3, part 1 box set (the Rhino video one). Episode "Carnage in C Minor" features Galvatron and Soundwave as main decepticon players. :eek: While flying they clearly hold hands for no apparent reason. :eek: Freakin hilarious.

I guess whether as Megatron or Galvatron, Soundwave was always the right-hand man for the Desepticon leader.

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/268852

This calls for a pardoy on the subject!

Enjoy!
Rurudyne
Protoform

Post by Rurudyne »

Originally posted by inflatable dalek

More silliness...
One mix makes you larger
And one mix makes you small
And the ones that Megatron gives you
Don't do anything at all

Go ask Alpha Trion,
When he's sniping from a wall

And if you go chasing petrorabbits
And you know your going to fall
Tell them the infusion's gripped you
wear a cone to ward them off

Call Shockwave,
Obstructicon King!

When the holograms on the game board
get up and tell you where to go
And you just have some kind of energon
And your spark is thrumming slow

Go ask Alpha Trion,
I think he'll know

When logic and proportion
Have fallen at your feet
And the Primus' talking backwards
And the Queen of Stars says "Perish slowly!"

Remember what the cyclopse said
Feed your head
Feed your head
Standup Philosopher

"Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball"
Hawkeye
Protoform

Post by Hawkeye »

its odd cause it seems to me cliffjumper (the character) had that oneshinign moment where he could of sniped megatron and then he faded into the background for the rest of the series. its like hasbro figured he was a cheap little minibot and the dinobots were more profitable.
Image . "Hawkeye's the best! Hawkeye's got the cutest eyes! Hawkeye's got some kinda butt! I swear, Ralph, ever since that blowhard joined up, all I hear is Hawkeye, Hawkeye, Hawk...."- Green Arrow, JLA/Avengers #3.
Rurudyne
Protoform

Post by Rurudyne »

Originally posted by Hawkeye
its odd cause it seems to me cliffjumper (the character) had that oneshinign moment where he could of sniped megatron and then he faded into the background for the rest of the series. its like hasbro figured he was a cheap little minibot and the dinobots were more profitable.
Actually, Small Red Autobot Cliffjumper may have just had a code of honor that looked down on sniping.

It's not all that much of a wacky idea: the US Army has repeatedly backed away from sniping over the course of its history and I know of one incident in the American Revolution where a British officer, inventor and sharp shooter had then General Washington in his sights but didn't shoot because of his code against murdering another officer.

That's what sniping really comes down to: murder. You can see their face and maybe even know who they are ... it's a lot different that blowing someone's head off in the heat of battle where they have a chance to shoot back.

Which brings me to Megatron and Optimus ... if there was ever a well equipped sniper it was these two. But even Megatron never (to my memory) resorted to sniping during G1 toon/US comics. More, in the early Marvel comics where he lets the US Army have it but good, he stops shooting once they are on the retreat.
Standup Philosopher

Hawkeye
Protoform

Post by Hawkeye »

he was gonna take the shot though.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

He did take the shot, he just missed. There's being noble/stupid enough not to snipe, but that isn't what happened - he fired and missed, giving away his and Hound's position. I suppose there's less scope for wild extrapolation when faced with that reality, however.

And the US took on sniping big-time in Vietnam when it finally clicked as to how useful the whole idea was in urban fighting (after taking a pasting with the traditional "walk down the street holding rifle in both hands while Germans shoot at you from buildings" tactic during D-Day)... Ditto most nations.

As for the comic/cartoon... to say the writers for both were low on military smarts would be something of an understatement.
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

Really, if you don't like shooting soldiers because it's dishonourable the army is really the wrong vocation...
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Originally posted by rubicon
Whats wrong with two consenting adult robots expressing their appreciation for one another?
Some analogues of behaviour come across as dumber than others when applied to robots?

Mind you, ninety-percent-plus of the Transformers population being gay is an intriguing concept. Pisses off all the right people.

Still doesn't make much sense for them to be male or female, though.
Rurudyne
Protoform

Post by Rurudyne »

Originally posted by Denyer
Some analogues of behaviour come across as dumber than others when applied to robots?

Mind you, ninety-percent-plus of the Transformers population being gay is an intriguing concept. Pisses off all the right people.

Still doesn't make much sense for them to be male or female, though.

At the risk of upsetting all the wrong people:

There are people for whom EVERYONE or EVERYTHING must be gay if they act even remotely like it (which can mean almost anything these days). Some for judgement and others for affirmation.

I still like the idea that these machines aren't physically sexual, don't have assigned gender roles (ok, Arcee "Have Gun and Daycare Insurance, Will Travel" is the exception that proved the rule), would be puzzled by human attitudes about sex and gender apart from procreation once observed (they might come to understand the sex roles as those who beget and those who bear rather than according to specific activity – an analogue to Allspark and Vector Sigma?), and they may even be a bit confused as to why they have gender – being machines and all that.

If 85% of a species were guys they might not be quite so uptight about expressing emotions as we are. As for the other 15% ...

To quote Pepe le Pew, 'Viva la differance!"
(image taken from Devcon of Allspark)
Standup Philosopher

ColdBain
Protoform

Post by ColdBain »

Enjoy!

Nemesis Scourge, that was hilarious! Good find!
The Nemesis Scourge
Protoform

Post by The Nemesis Scourge »

Originally posted by ColdBain
Nemesis Scourge, that was hilarious! Good find!

Hehe...I'm glad you liked it..As soon as I saw the OPs post, the first thing that came to mind was this movie...

In case you didn't notice this is the 2nd movie of that series...I personaly found the first one more amusing...It's so stupid, it's funny.

Anyway, heres the first one...

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/220991

Enjoy.
Rodimus_Prime's girl

Re: Parody!

Post by Rodimus_Prime's girl »

Originally posted by The Nemesis Scourge

Enjoy!

hey scourge, that was so funny. great find on that. It was so funny, I had to see it twice.:laugh:
Autbots! Transform---and roll out!
coppertop
Protoform

Post by coppertop »

Which brings us back to Soundwave.
From the Plumed Serpent:

Soundwave as a Parent

The other major personal interaction that defines Soundwave's character, is his relationship to his creations. Ravage, his oldest, was activated by the combined team of DeceptiTech scientists that brought this prototype spy to life, though Soundwave is, in any case, the only surviving creator. Selenia was a joint-creation between Soundwave and his late consort Celene. The remaining eleven are Soundwave's creations exclusively. While any number of Transformers, from one to a large group, can impart a newly-built robot with life-force, it's generally best if there are at least two, and recommended that there be at least one male and one female among the creators, in order to provide the offspring with the correct "energy-balance" that it will need to mature. Excessively rare is the Transformer who has enough intelligence and emotional balance to create a viable, normally functioning offspring entirely alone. Soundwave is one of these excessively rare Transformers. As a parent, Soundwave is an unusual mixture of permissiveness and protectiveness. He felt to some degree responsible for Selenia's fate in that he sheltered her too closely, rather than preparing her for the ugly realities of the world, and in response he has taken great care to train his subsequent creations in the ways of battle. He encourages them to gather experiences, explore the world around them, even to take chances and make their own mistakes. It takes a concentrated effort on the part of the tapes, to bring down any disciplinary action or strong reprimand from their creator, even when other Decepticons sometimes wish he would rein them in a bit more. There are boundaries which they know not to cross - actions that thoughtlessly endanger themselves or other Decepticons, for instance - but in general Soundwave views most of his creations' antics with an attitude of fond amusement and tolerant patience. At the same time, he is torn by the impulse to keep them safe from all harm, or to accompany them every step of the way - and when this isn't physically possible, to at least remain aware of their activities telepathically so that he can help them if needed. He realizes, however, that his constant monitoring would undermine the self-confidence that a young Decepticon warrior desperately needs, and so does his best to keep it to a minimum. Most Decepticons never guess to what extent Soundwave's thoughts are preoccupied with the whereabouts of his various creations when they're out of his sight. A few perceptive individuals have found it noteworthy that Soundwave designed each of his creations (after Selenia) to have a cassette alt mode which can fit safely inside the chest compartment designed specifically for that purpose. It has also been noted in passing that, after Selenia, Soundwave created no more daughters, only sons, though he could easily have chosen a more even gender-balance if he had wished. To the tapes themselves, Soundwave seems the very personification of wisdom and serenity - someone who always has the right answer, someone to whom they can always return when they grow weary of their independent adventures, someone from whom they can always draw strength and support, no matter how distant he may be - an unobtrusive yet comforting presence always in the background of their minds, who will without doubt be available to bail them out if they should ever really, really get into trouble. While there is an occasional flare-up of adolescent rebellion, the majority of Soundwave's creations at any given time are extraordinarily devoted to him. They converse with him nonverbally as often as verbally, a phenomenon that can unnerve bystanders who witness them switching back and forth from audible to telepathic communication without even seeming to be aware of it. As the far more powerful and skilled telepath, Soundwave can pick up any nuances, undercurrents, and emotional shadings to his creations' thoughts during the course of normal communication, while he himself can precisely filter the information that he sends to them. This being the case, the tapes usually have no idea of the concerns, worries, and sorrows that sometimes lurk in parts of his mind; he takes great care not to unneccessarily "burden them" with such things, as he feels very strongly that their lives should be as happy as possible under the circumstances. And the strategy seems to work - Soundwave's tapes as a group are generally carefree and content - with the one drawback that there is a great deal about their creator that they do not know.
Until they put Optimus Prime on a 5 and 1/4 floppy, Make Mine Marvel!!