What is your favorite part in the '86 movie?

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Originally posted by autobotpat

Where in the movie did Huffer, Gears, Sideswipe, Redalert, Beachcomber, etc. rolled into the great blue yonder? Have these '86 people no shame?

They didn't, he's just assuming they did because they aren't in Season 3 (well, Beachcomber is... and Red Alert/Alert made the titles of the Japanese dub, Sideswipe/Lambor turns up in Headmasters and Huffer made a slightly questionable Akon-assisted appearance in Carnage in C-Minor, though he at least was listed as dead in Dark Awakening)... You see, Earth's about the size of a football pitch, with Cybertron even smaller, about the size of an orange, so anyone not seen in Season 3 must be dead, because there's nowhere else they could possibly be.
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

So as Brawn was seen he must definately still be alive then. Phew, that's that one sorted. Next up: What colour is Rumble.
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
zeoman4.5

Post by zeoman4.5 »

I forgot about Beachcomber in five faces of darkness, but I know
Sideswipe dies. Buy the dvd or vhs and go to the part where
Arcee lays Wheeljack next to Windcharger. When it zooms out
and shows the whole room pause the movie. Look just above
Windcharger and you will see some red parts with a sholder
cannon in them and a Black helmeted head . That's Sideswipe.
Gears is one of the guys dropped into Unicron's digestive acid.

If you have the dvd in the bonus footage section there is a deleted scene story board, where RedAlert dies fighting the
Constructicons, while covering Tracks and BlueStreak.

I should also mention many more Sweeps die than where created,
and where is Armada?!?
inflatable dalek

Sideswipe is not in the Movie at all- The red robot is a miss-coloured Wheeljack. Gears is briefly seen on Moonbase 1 at the start of the Movie (so briefly I hadn't even noticed him until he was pointed out on the comentary on the new DVD) but isn't seen latter on, and whilst Beachcomber can just be seen on the coveyorbelt thing it's hard to tell if he did die or not.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Cheers for going through the DVD/remembering more than i did... that stank right from the off but I wanted to check first as i've only watched it on DVD on a decent telly once... Bluntly, TF:TM has been analysed frame-by-frame by fans for years (anyone remember, back before he was a cock, when Ryan put up the first really thorough set of caps?), so the chances of turning up a slew of previously unnoticed appearances were practically non-existant...
inflatable dalek

Well, you should really thank Zorbov (who's goofs was where I first read about Wheeljack) and our own Chris (everything else, it's scary what that boy knows).
autobotpat
Protoform

Post by autobotpat »

Originally posted by Cliffjumper
They didn't, he's just assuming they did because they aren't in Season 3 (well, Beachcomber is... and Red Alert/Alert made the titles of the Japanese dub, Sideswipe/Lambor turns up in Headmasters and Huffer made a slightly questionable Akon-assisted appearance in Carnage in C-Minor, though he at least was listed as dead in Dark Awakening)... You see, Earth's about the size of a football pitch, with Cybertron even smaller, about the size of an orange, so anyone not seen in Season 3 must be dead, because there's nowhere else they could possibly be.

Oh... thanks!