Who is taking toys to the theater?

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Civ

Post by Civ »

I'm not going to wear anything TF because I don't want to wear the t-shirts and apparel to begin with. Just to tone down the geekiness. I think I'm enough of a TF fan just by giving Hasbro, Takara, and IDW my money. Even if the ridicule didn't exist, I wouldn't wear the apparel since I don't want to.
SoAwsome
Protoform

Post by SoAwsome »

I agree with XstarscreamX, if you're a kid it's ok to bring a toy but as an adult it's kind of weird. I will wear my TF shirt, but I think the toys should be left at home.
another tf fan

Post by another tf fan »

...i'm just surprised the kind of legs this thread has....

must have touched a nerve.
Come on and wind me up.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

I'd be much more likely to take a toy than wear an overpriced, branded t-shirt...
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Originally posted by Xstarscreamx
do you really respect them?
Couldn't give a f*ck, if they're not going out of their way to aggravate me, because I'm not a child any more...

I've got friends who go for things like Gryffindor (sp?) scarves. Wouldn't mind if they added pointy hats and one of those vibrating brooms for flair. (Remember those? IIRC, got pulled from shelves a few years back after it was established that, gosh, things that vibrate lead people to discover masturbation and hellfire and wotnot...)
Ackula

Post by Ackula »

Originally posted by Denyer
Couldn't give a f*ck, if they're not going out of their way to aggravate me, because I'm not a child any more...

I've got friends who go for things like Gryffindor (sp?) scarves. Wouldn't mind if they added pointy hats and one of those vibrating brooms for flair. (Remember those? IIRC, got pulled from shelves a few years back after it was established that, gosh, things that vibrate lead people to discover masturbation and hellfire and wotnot...)

My sentiments exactly. Hell I'd actually take it further and say that I DO respect them. It takes alot of dedication and outright "balls" to do something like that, and in my book that is respectable.

Those people that Xstarscreamx would point and laugh at are most likely to just not even notice or care, and that level of maturity is far more respectable than someone who would point and laugh at someone else, or attack them, just for being different.

And I do remember all the hoopla surrounding those brooms, I knew a few kids in my family that were really fond of those "toys" IIRC ;)
LKW
Protoform

Post by LKW »

Originally posted by inflatable dalek
I shall not be bringing a toy to the film. I will however be shouting IT NEVER ENDS!!!!!!!! as the credits start to roll.

While I will exclaim "It's over -- finished!" after the credits are done ;)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
shockwave88
Protoform

Post by shockwave88 »

I most definetly will not be bringing a toy to the film i mean whats the point you could wind up losing pieces of it or having it stollen and for people laughing at you or beating you up because of it
i have this statement to say: 1. get a life your only doing this because of somthing that happened to you or your trying to "fit in" 2. transformers arent necassarily a kids toy i mean look at it its basicly promoting war for children so for all who say it is for kids its not! even though the main target is children i know a kid who is 8 and scared of it and sometimes has nightmares of giant robots with guns.
SoAwsome
Protoform

Post by SoAwsome »

Originally posted by shockwave88

i have this statement to say: 1. get a life your only doing this because of somthing that happened to you or your trying to "fit in" 2. transformers arent necassarily a kids toy i mean look at it its basicly promoting war for children so for all who say it is for kids its not! even though the main target is children i know a kid who is 8 and scared of it and sometimes has nightmares of giant robots with guns.

What would have happened to someone that causes them to want to bring a toy to a movie?
"My daddy beat me so I have to bring optimus prime when I go see the TF movie" :laugh:

I dissagree I think they are kids toys, cap guns are kids toys, you don't see 30 year olds running around shooting cap guns at each other. Barbies and Bratz dolls are kids toys look like little hookers. It may not be an ideal kids toy but it's a kids toy.
Clay

Post by Clay »

Originally posted by SoAwsome
Barbies and Bratz dolls are kids toys look like little hookers.

I think 'prosti-tot' is the preferred term.
Sir Auros

Post by Sir Auros »

Yeah, I wouldn't bring a figure. I don't even know that I'd wear a shirt to the movie. Now, I'm not against wearing TF shirts, but I just wouldn't want the attention. Not the negative attention from people who might make fun of me (who would even do that?), but the attention of one of the lower castes in our nerd society.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Originally posted by SoAwsome
you don't see 30 year olds running around shooting cap guns at each other
Or water pistols, Nerf shooters or bb guns...

Mmm.
Originally posted by shockwave88
or your trying to "fit in"
And a few individuals are doing this by... doing something different to most people?

Unless "i have this statement to say:" was directed at geeks mocking other geeks for being geeks... not sure, it's hard to follow the grammar in your post.
Ackula

This is how I'm going to the movie

Post by Ackula »

Think I'll get beat up if I wear this? :p
Markus
Protoform

Post by Markus »

Why would you even want to bring a toy with you in the first place?

1.The theater is dark, so you probably won't be able to see the toy.

2.Aren't you there to watch the movie, and not there to play with toys?

3.Regardless of this community forum here, casual fans will view you as a freak and a weirdo.

4.If you're going to do anything, go dressed as Optimus Prime.
Halfshell

Re: This is how I'm going to the movie

Post by Halfshell »

Originally posted by Ackula

Hell no. Nobody would mess with Optimus Prime...
another tf fan

Post by another tf fan »

you're my hero ackula
Come on and wind me up.
Hawkeye
Protoform

Post by Hawkeye »

i'd beat you up if you brought a toy to the theatre.
Image . "Hawkeye's the best! Hawkeye's got the cutest eyes! Hawkeye's got some kinda butt! I swear, Ralph, ever since that blowhard joined up, all I hear is Hawkeye, Hawkeye, Hawk...."- Green Arrow, JLA/Avengers #3.
*sig (once again) generously made by Denyer*
Angus
Protoform

Re: This is how I'm going to the movie

Post by Angus »

Originally posted by Ackula

I'd beat you up if you were this ugly, no matter what you were wearing...
Angus
Brazilian TF Collector
Los Angeles, CA
My collection
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

I just don't see the point of going to any sort of special effort. I dunno, people are going to get that I like Transformers through me, y'know, going and watching a Transformers movie... I mean, sure, you won't really be able to differentiate me from anyone else going to see the movie who hasn't been registered on a board for six years, but then why do I give a **** about that? (Besides which, by the time the thing hits, the toys will all be avaliable in Toys R Us, and TF apparel can already be bought in all those "Build Your Own Non-Conforming Conformity" catalogues you get with Kerrang!). It'd be a waste of lugging a toy around for an evening out, frankly. It's dark inside a cinema, and I have a film I'll have paid £6 (or £12, seeing as Maltby's ticket will be on me) to watch... I'm sure even my meagre attention span can deal with a couple of hours of explosions and telling wankers in Linkin Park hoodies to shut the **** up without a toy to keep me busy... I dunno, depending on certification, there could be kids there with toys.

I dunno, working at a cinema for a bit left me with a healthy disain of gimmicky attendees (e.g. making sure anyone who came dressed as the Fellowship were seated in groups of two or three, making anyone take off pointy hats, leave staves and swords at the counter, etc.).
Hawkeye
Protoform

Post by Hawkeye »

Originally posted by Cliffjumper
I just don't see the point of going to any sort of special effort. I dunno, people are going to get that I like Transformers through me, y'know, going and watching a Transformers movie... I mean, sure, you won't really be able to differentiate me from anyone else going to see the movie who hasn't been registered on a board for six years, but then why do I give a **** about that? (Besides which, by the time the thing hits, the toys will all be avaliable in Toys R Us, and TF apparel can already be bought in all those "Build Your Own Non-Conforming Conformity" catalogues you get with Kerrang!). It'd be a waste of lugging a toy around for an evening out, frankly. It's dark inside a cinema, and I have a film I'll have paid £6 (or £12, seeing as Maltby's ticket will be on me) to watch... I'm sure even my meagre attention span can deal with a couple of hours of explosions and telling wankers in Linkin Park hoodies to shut the **** up without a toy to keep me busy... I dunno, depending on certification, there could be kids there with toys.

I dunno, working at a cinema for a bit left me with a healthy disain of gimmicky attendees (e.g. making sure anyone who came dressed as the Fellowship were seated in groups of two or three, making anyone take off pointy hats, leave staves and swords at the counter, etc.).

well will you help me beat all these people up because its going to be awful hard covering both sides of the atlantic.
Image . "Hawkeye's the best! Hawkeye's got the cutest eyes! Hawkeye's got some kinda butt! I swear, Ralph, ever since that blowhard joined up, all I hear is Hawkeye, Hawkeye, Hawk...."- Green Arrow, JLA/Avengers #3.
*sig (once again) generously made by Denyer*