[Animated] Reaction Thread: "Nanosec" episode 8

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Ackula

[Animated] Reaction Thread: "Nanosec" episode 8

Post by Ackula »

Well we get another human super villain in this one don't we? Not a bad episode overall, but I do crave some Decepticon involvement beyond Meg's head planning schemes that never work. And Sumdac is really dumb isn't he?

Animation wise I think this series just keeps improving. I was fond of Bumblebee's "mask" that he used in this episode, makes me start to wonder if everyone has them.

I hope that this villain does not show back up, I have to say that Nanosec was my least favorite so far, there was no personality really in the character. I'd like to see Meltdown again, or even better Angry Archer, they had a lot more character than Nanosec.
RUNAMOK
Protoform

Post by RUNAMOK »

It is interesting to see that Megatron can also use humans for his cause, and that he knows what interests them.

Otherwise i have to say that some of thiese plotpoints seem familiar, almost exactly the same happened in a episode of Darkwing Duck, but maybe im reading too much into it. What was nanosecs name? sounded like Nino Sec or something like that. He looks like Mad Mod from Teen Titans without the speed suite too me atleast.
secretcode

Post by secretcode »

Nino Sexton I believe.
Latest Hauls: Supertrain Megazord, RID Galvatron, Nightwatch Prime
TF Total: 173 ---- Non-TF: 32
Smokescreen GT

Post by Smokescreen GT »

I thought this episode was okay. Not my favorite (that would be Blast from the Past), but good overall. I really like how each character is being well developed. Each episode seems to focus on a different Autobot and their personality traits. I liked BB's mask also. Reminded me a lot of the movie battle mask. I wonder if the Animated toy will feature the mask. Would be nice.

Although, I think they need to focus on the Decepticons more. Having human villians is a nice departure from the norm, but the 'cons are just better IMHO. At least Megs was the one pulling the strings in this ep. He's awesome. Can't wait for his Earth mode body to be built.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Civ

Post by Civ »

I thought this episode was a definite improvement from "Blast from the Past" (last episode I saw). The story flowed much, much better than the last time I watched this show.

I have to admit, I like Sari that little mischief-maker. It was also good to see that the Autobots aren't necessarily "yes, sir, I'll follow your orders to the letter sir" like when BB disobeyed Prime and Ratchet and used the boosters. I also have to wonder how the hell Prowl became a ninja. You would think that being a ninja who's supposed to be stealthy, he wouldn't need BB to tell him that he needs a rider in motorcycle mode to blend in. Also, I like these new human villians and look forward to seeing more of them.
Ackula

Post by Ackula »

Civ wrote:I thought this episode was a definite improvement from "Blast from the Past" (last episode I saw). The story flowed much, much better than the last time I watched this show.
This is true, however in my opinion the best episode since the premiere was "Thrill of the Hunt". If you missed that one you should surely check it out. I agree with you about the Autobots not following orders to a tee as well. Each character has a very different and distinct personality. I think thats what I like best, this series reminds me more of Beast Wars than anything else for that reason..the characterization.

I think the point of Prowl not being the best ninja is to kinda tie in with the fact that these guys are not meant to be warriors or heroes, they were just a maintenance crew to begin with.

And yes Nanosec's name was Nino Sexton.
Civ

Post by Civ »

I'll have to check it out. I've only seen two episodes so far.
fantomdranzerx
Protoform

Post by fantomdranzerx »

Once again, this was a good episode. Nanosec was a pretty good filler bad guy.
I liked Bumblebee's faceplate, it seemed kind of like a cross between Movie Bumblebee's battle mask and Bumblebee's toy head. Professor Sumdac is still oblivious to Megatron's intentions. I'd like to see his reaction when he figures things out. Sari's still okay, she hasn't gotten annoying yet, at least in my opinion. Now we just need the Decepticons to show up.
"Adult Robots may not act like children."---Excerpt from the Robot Law (Astro Boy)
DeviantArt
BackTrax
Protoform

Post by BackTrax »

I wasnt as impressed with this episode but it wasnt bad either. Nanosec was an interesting character, but he's another one I hope doesnt make a return. I loved Sari's involvement, and I think this episode proved that they key is not all ways helpful. I loved bumble bee not being able to control himself with the new boosters.
Don't follow me, you'll never make it!"
thunderkraker
Protoform

Post by thunderkraker »

Ackula wrote:This is true, however in my opinion the best episode since the premiere was "Thrill of the Hunt". If you missed that one you should surely check it out. I agree with you about the Autobots not following orders to a tee as well. Each character has a very different and distinct personality. I think thats what I like best, this series reminds me more of Beast Wars than anything else for that reason..the characterization.

I think the point of Prowl not being the best ninja is to kinda tie in with the fact that these guys are not meant to be warriors or heroes, they were just a maintenance crew to begin with.

And yes Nanosec's name was Nino Sexton.
i agree thrill of the hunt so far is the best..but that super villan has to go nanosec is week the show was good overall but that character sucks

does anyone know what the key is really about...i'm getting tired of sari using it all the time..she use that thing for anything an everything..its like a get out of jail free card
Ackula

Post by Ackula »

thunderkraker wrote:does anyone know what the key is really about...i'm getting tired of sari using it all the time..she use that thing for anything an everything..its like a get out of jail free card
The conclusion that most have drawn would be that it is an extension of the Allspark. In the future please do not double post, if you have something to add, edit the original post :)
Lambda prime
Protoform

Post by Lambda prime »

I don't think Nanosec can return, it was implied that he died of rapid aging at the end. When he collapses Bumblebee says "..the more he used it, the faster his body aged until he finally ran out of time."
Despite a colourful animation style, this series is quite dark and I am really enjoying it's Autobot characters.
Alphadog
Check out Ebay store for Armada, Energon, Alternators, 20th Anniversery figures:
Jil sells all
Undeaddan/
Friends site
Tacticalunderground
Wingsabre
Protoform

Post by Wingsabre »

i suppose it had potenial to get dark like Astro boy.

The newest Astro boy is all happy and bright but it has some downright scary things in it.
The flinch in your eyes calls your bluff
Feel free to die when youve had enough
Useless cause is breaking your back
Your life will end when you attack

Check out my art here

http://viviax.deviantart.com/
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Not bad. Although this episode has me wondering something: Just how tall are these Autobots, anyway?
As a professional tanuki (I'm a Japanese mythological animal, and a good luck charm), I have an alarm clock built into me somewhere. I also look like a stuffed animal. And you thought your life was tough......

3DS Friend Code: 1092-1274-7642
rattrap23

Post by rattrap23 »

this series has something thet has been missing in transformers for a few years now,humor

remember skybyte from RID
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Grew up, mellowed out.
Blitzwing

Post by Blitzwing »

Finally saw this one... I'm really liking Bumblebee's character. He's definately a representation of Cheetor from Beast Wars. Although Bumblebee characterization was basically identical to what he learned in "Home is where the Spark is". I think one thing that will prove whether or not this show will go down as one of the better Transformers series' is if the characters actually take what they learn from each episode and use it in the next episodes. If Bumblebee starts to mature throughout the series, that would be great. However, if every couple episodes they do a story on how Bumblebee is taught a lesson about thinking before acting it will become a little too repetetive. He'll just be like Iceman in the X-men comics, who hasnt' learned responsibility despite 40 years of stories about him learning about it.
Lambda prime
Protoform

Post by Lambda prime »

rattrap23 wrote:this series has something thet has been missing in transformers for a few years now,humor

remember skybyte from RID
correction: Intentional humour that's actually funny. Cybertron made a few attempts with references to old movies.
Alphadog
Check out Ebay store for Armada, Energon, Alternators, 20th Anniversery figures:
Jil sells all
Undeaddan/
Friends site
Tacticalunderground
rattrap23

Post by rattrap23 »

Lambda prime wrote:correction: Intentional humour that's actually funny. Cybertron made a few attempts with references to old movies.
cyberterons humor consisted of sarcasam,yelling and screaming from the kids and crumy visual gags.:eyebrow:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Grew up, mellowed out.