Transformers: Revenge of The Fallen - Movie News and Rumours, updated regularly [NO untagged spoilers allowed!]

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Locked
User avatar
Patapsco
Articles: 0
Posts: 425
Joined: Tue Jun 03, 2008 2:24 pm
Contact:

Post by Patapsco » Tue Dec 16, 2008 3:34 pm

Rattrap's tail wrote:
SPOILER! (select to read)
TRhat Jetfire guy tells a bit of how the "real"version will look like since they resemble each other. For now I am very pleased. But why did Prime n' Bee also have to get an new packaging??? I once have been reading somewhere that HAS/TAK would let characters from the previous movie return so they didn't have to make news toys for the second time. :wall:. Wow wait a parasec, I remember now that Bee we saw previous in this thread; the deluxe version. That means that or HASTAK is as reliable as George.W Bush or they are needing figures to fill the otherwise too small toyline that ROTF consists of. I know these are some wild theories but I don't think that all I said is really crap so...
SPOILER! (select to read)
They get new packaging because, surprise surprise, it's a new movie. Kind of the point really. And how can you declare that it will be a small toyline on a movie that is still seven months away from release coupled with prototype/leaked shots of possible toys?

Aside from that, me wants me some Springer, though why does Jetfire's nosecone from his plane mode look like a giant "male reproductive organ"

User avatar
Rattrap's tail
Articles: 0
Posts: 664
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 8:02 pm
Location: In space, helping Gunbuster.

Post by Rattrap's tail » Tue Dec 16, 2008 3:43 pm

pandagork wrote:
SPOILER! (select to read)
They get new packaging because, surprise surprise, it's a new movie. Kind of the point really. And how can you declare that it will be a small toyline on a movie that is still seven months away from release coupled with prototype/leaked shots of possible toys?

Aside from that, me wants me some Springer, though why does Jetfire's nosecone from his plane mode look like a giant "male reproductive organ"
Personally I found the previous toyline from the movie already small if you look at the different moulds.

User avatar
borg72
Articles: 0
Posts: 639
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2008 3:22 pm
Location: Cleveland
Contact:

Post by borg72 » Tue Dec 16, 2008 3:56 pm

Rattrap's tail wrote:
SPOILER! (select to read)
TRhat Jetfire guy tells a bit of how the "real"version will look like since they resemble each other. For now I am very pleased. But why did Prime n' Bee also have to get an new packaging??? I once have been reading somewhere that HAS/TAK would let characters from the previous movie return so they didn't have to make news toys for the second time. :wall:. Wow wait a parasec, I remember now that Bee we saw previous in this thread; the deluxe version. That means that or HASTAK is as reliable as George.W Bush or they are needing figures to fill the otherwise too small toyline that ROTF consists of. I know these are some wild theories but I don't think that all I said is really crap so...
SPOILER! (select to read)
eh? these figures are all new - even the returning characters have 'new' toy designs in this line. why would they not be in rotf packaging? I say 'new'; BBs design is the 08 camero, but using the same transformation design schema as the TFTM BB legends figure.

what the biggins are you on about as for 'too small a toyline?' since when have hasbro ever been accused of not having line volume? i suppose you could make the case for the jazz and BB repaints in tftm line, but if anything the cast in rotf is going to be almost twice the size
(guesstimate, obv.), so i really can't see them running out of characters to sell, and thats just in-movie characters.

as for returning characters, we know they're getting tweaked toys... why would you not? selling identical product in rotf packaging limits your market to those who missed them the first time round... tweaking products through repaints and retools is the only way transformers as a brand can afford to butter its bread - i even think someone from hasbro said as much in one of their older Q&As.

besides, they've been doing this since *forever*, and nowadays even plan repaints and retools into initial design stages (IE classics sunstreaker was always designed around an eventual modification into sideswipe). again, we know this from the Q&As.

why would you expect any different?

User avatar
Springer145
Articles: 0
Posts: 201
Joined: Wed May 15, 2002 12:40 am
Location: TN

Post by Springer145 » Tue Dec 16, 2008 6:02 pm

SPOILER! (select to read)
I was certainly not expecting the Springer name to ever pop up again, outside of perhaps the comics. I haven't quite kept up with the toys as much as I have the storylines in comics, etc., but is this Springer figure actually a repaint or new mold? I noticed some discussion on TFW2005 that lead me to believe it is a finished version of a prototype that had been released some time ago...is this true?
Image

Xbox 360 gamertag: Skyfall865

User avatar
Soundwave the Scion
Articles: 0
Posts: 10
Joined: Tue Oct 28, 2008 9:03 pm
Location: Decepticon hideaway, england

Post by Soundwave the Scion » Tue Dec 16, 2008 6:32 pm

Iv'e ordered both scrapper(fork lift) and knockout(motorbike):p:swirly::wave::):lol::clap::D
I am supposed to be shocky!

User avatar
martyboy70
Articles: 0
Posts: 1613
Joined: Mon Sep 11, 2006 10:25 pm
Location: Glasgow,Scotland

Post by martyboy70 » Tue Dec 16, 2008 6:43 pm

Maybe you should have ordered some spoiler tags while you were at it champ.
Loss of job. Will sell for food here.

User avatar
Rattrap's tail
Articles: 0
Posts: 664
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 8:02 pm
Location: In space, helping Gunbuster.

Post by Rattrap's tail » Tue Dec 16, 2008 7:04 pm

Springer145 wrote:
SPOILER! (select to read)
I was certainly not expecting the Springer name to ever pop up again, outside of perhaps the comics. I haven't quite kept up with the toys as much as I have the storylines in comics, etc., but is this Springer figure actually a repaint or new mold? I noticed some discussion on TFW2005 that lead me to believe it is a finished version of a prototype that had been released some time ago...is this true?
SPOILER! (select to read)
Don't worry, its new.

User avatar
secretcode
Articles: 0
Posts: 3717
Joined: Sun Jul 08, 2007 7:50 pm
Contact:

Post by secretcode » Tue Dec 16, 2008 8:17 pm

UK Release Date Revealed; June 26th 2009

http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-new ... om-166407/
Image
Latest Hauls: Supertrain Megazord, RID Galvatron, Nightwatch Prime
TF Total: 173 ---- Non-TF: 32

User avatar
Springer007
Articles: 0
Posts: 1162
Joined: Mon Jul 25, 2005 1:28 pm
Location: Fort Smith, Arkansas
Contact:

Post by Springer007 » Tue Dec 16, 2008 8:35 pm

SPOILER! (select to read)
Isn't Springer essentially the last Osprey toy they had? If so, it is horrible, mainly because the propellers for fingers/hands is a very idiotic idea. I keep harping on hands, but seeing kitbash after kitbash on how to make hands I figured by now the fans would finally get the message across to have more options with the toyline itself (I am also aware of the small parts not intended for small children phrase also). But I would think the propellers unto themselves would be more dangerous to children than a toy fist. But just my humble opinion.
edit: found Incinerator the Decepticon Osprey: http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/ ... ator/1405/
"Fear denies faith. And for the Immortal Emperor!"

-Space Marines

User avatar
Summerhayes
Articles: 0
Posts: 1384
Joined: Mon Dec 01, 2008 9:50 pm
Location: Nagano, Japan

Post by Summerhayes » Tue Dec 16, 2008 11:54 pm

borg72 wrote:
SPOILER! (select to read)
why would you expect any different?
SPOILER! (select to read)
I think he's referring to the old quote that Hasbro wanted the returning robots to have alt modes so "the kids wouldn't have to buy the same toy twice"

As someone who's often read but rarely posted on this thread, can I ask what the deal is with the spoiler tags? Surely nobody just reads the bits that are not spoilers? It's just vague opinions and arguments . . .

User avatar
borg72
Articles: 0
Posts: 639
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2008 3:22 pm
Location: Cleveland
Contact:

Post by borg72 » Wed Dec 17, 2008 12:10 am

Summerhayes wrote:
SPOILER! (select to read)
I think he's referring to the old quote that Hasbro wanted the returning robots to have alt modes so "the kids wouldn't have to buy the same toy twice"

As someone who's often read but rarely posted on this thread, can I ask what the deal is with the spoiler tags? Surely nobody just reads the bits that are not spoilers? It's just vague opinions and arguments . . .
i suppose eventually this thread will start containing actual official hasbro/m. bay/that-nelson-bloke-who-lives-in-michael-bays-attic-or-something news which is mostly non-spoilery (outside of trailers etc). that may, however, be some time...

possibly we could have two threads... one for spoilery leaks, rumours, etc, the other for official releases, statements, trailers etc. would that work though? stuff would get lost in the shuffle, and there'd be a fair bit of duplication, i'm sure. probably this is the best solution - assuming everyone learns to use the spoiler tags, eh Soundwave the Scion?

User avatar
Tramp
Protoform
Articles: 0
Posts: 1109
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2007 7:33 am
Location: Buffalo, NY

Post by Tramp » Wed Dec 17, 2008 2:37 am

Summerhayes wrote:
SPOILER! (select to read)
I think he's referring to the old quote that Hasbro wanted the returning robots to have alt modes so "the kids wouldn't have to buy the same toy twice"

As someone who's often read but rarely posted on this thread, can I ask what the deal is with the spoiler tags? Surely nobody just reads the bits that are not spoilers? It's just vague opinions and arguments . . .
Actually, there are people who do want to avoid spoilers and thus don't read the hidden tagged material. The point of the tags os to allow those who don't want to be "spoiled" to avoid reading those spoilers. Without those tags, even if the individual in question scanned past a given post, they would still see the spoiler information even briefly. By having the spoiler hidden via the tag, the individual can scan past the post without worry of inadvertently reading even a portion of a given spoiler.

Cliffjumper
Articles: 0
Posts: 32206
Joined: Wed Jan 31, 2001 5:00 am

Post by Cliffjumper » Wed Dec 17, 2008 1:51 pm

Yeh, to third that, I want to hear official stuff - release dates, links to trailers, professional interviews (i.e. promotional ones, not some poor designer being pinned to a wall by a fanboy and grilled about toy prototypes), posters, that sort of thing. I'd rather avoid what comes from a Chinese thief's ebay listings or some schlub trying to generate hits for their site with some leaked photos of cars.

A separate thread for official announcements without tags would be great in an ideal world, but there's always some idiot who can't be bothered with the code, and discussion of a trailer would most likely bring spoilers. This thread is workable providing people aren't pricks about it (and if they are, well, there are things that can be done).

User avatar
Rattrap's tail
Articles: 0
Posts: 664
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 8:02 pm
Location: In space, helping Gunbuster.

Post by Rattrap's tail » Wed Dec 17, 2008 2:02 pm

Summerhayes wrote:
SPOILER! (select to read)
I think he's referring to the old quote that Hasbro wanted the returning robots to have alt modes so "the kids wouldn't have to buy the same toy twice"

As someone who's often read but rarely posted on this thread, can I ask what the deal is with the spoiler tags? Surely nobody just reads the bits that are not spoilers? It's just vague opinions and arguments . . .
Yay that's right man. I have been reading that quote but over the time I did two things wrong:

Forgetting the precise content of the quote

Making some faults in the translation from English to Dutch because of my way to quick reading.

User avatar
Clay
Articles: 0
Posts: 7054
Joined: Mon May 24, 2004 2:19 am
Location: Murray, KY

Post by Clay » Wed Dec 17, 2008 3:21 pm

Summerhayes wrote:As someone who's often read but rarely posted on this thread, can I ask what the deal is with the spoiler tags? Surely nobody just reads the bits that are not spoilers? It's just vague opinions and arguments . . .
The idea originally was to corral all the Movie news into one thread, and then use spoiler tags for the spoiler-ish stuff like potential plot lines, character designs, etc. I do think the use has gotten out of hand and we're discussing a more conservative application of them: for instance, just plot details and CGI character designs.

I don't see how showing prototypes of toys has anything to do with spoiling the movie, honestly. Odds are 10 to 1 against that they'll be toys of characters even in the film, let alone resemble them enough to spoil it.

If someone really wants to avoid spoilers, I doubt they'll be reading this thread anyway.

User avatar
Summerhayes
Articles: 0
Posts: 1384
Joined: Mon Dec 01, 2008 9:50 pm
Location: Nagano, Japan

Post by Summerhayes » Wed Dec 17, 2008 10:59 pm

Clay wrote: If someone really wants to avoid spoilers, I doubt they'll be reading this thread anyway.
That's what I was saying, put much simpler
Thank you

Though, I also yield that eventually there will be enough non-spoilery (if, as you say, you can call toy prototypes spoilers) material for someone to read.

Back on subject:
SPOILER! (select to read)
Are we thinking the big grey truck is an actual movie character or just a toy? Because if it turns out to be Ultra Magnus that would be awesome. He can't deal with that right now.

User avatar
Clay
Articles: 0
Posts: 7054
Joined: Mon May 24, 2004 2:19 am
Location: Murray, KY

Post by Clay » Thu Dec 18, 2008 4:54 am

Summerhayes wrote:Back on subject:
SPOILER! (select to read)
Are we thinking the big grey truck is an actual movie character or just a toy? Because if it turns out to be Ultra Magnus that would be awesome. He can't deal with that right now.
I think the small truck toy will actually be Primus because they're both blue. :p

User avatar
secretcode
Articles: 0
Posts: 3717
Joined: Sun Jul 08, 2007 7:50 pm
Contact:

Post by secretcode » Thu Dec 18, 2008 9:50 pm

While possibly not Movie News- General Motors, due to current financial strain on the US Auto Industry, is selling off many cars from their resources and storage. Why is this so TF-important?
SPOILER! (select to read)
Well, Jazz is for sale. Guess that sorta means he's dead for good.
http://jalopnik.com/5113113/gm-to-aucti ... ate-museum
Image
Latest Hauls: Supertrain Megazord, RID Galvatron, Nightwatch Prime
TF Total: 173 ---- Non-TF: 32

User avatar
secretcode
Articles: 0
Posts: 3717
Joined: Sun Jul 08, 2007 7:50 pm
Contact:

Post by secretcode » Thu Dec 18, 2008 10:24 pm

New pictures of
SPOILER! (select to read)
Legends Jetfire
here.
Image
Latest Hauls: Supertrain Megazord, RID Galvatron, Nightwatch Prime
TF Total: 173 ---- Non-TF: 32

User avatar
Springer007
Articles: 0
Posts: 1162
Joined: Mon Jul 25, 2005 1:28 pm
Location: Fort Smith, Arkansas
Contact:

Post by Springer007 » Fri Dec 19, 2008 4:31 am

secretcode wrote:While possibly not Movie News- General Motors, due to current financial strain on the US Auto Industry, is selling off many cars from their resources and storage. Why is this so TF-important?
SPOILER! (select to read)
Well, Jazz is for sale. Guess that sorta means he's dead for good.
http://jalopnik.com/5113113/gm-to-aucti ... ate-museum
I found it funny that GM shut down it's Volt plant temporarily (or for good, not too sure). But our favorite slang talking 'bot might be back for all we know hah.
"Fear denies faith. And for the Immortal Emperor!"

-Space Marines

Locked