Am I the only one who is completely lacking interest in the new animated series?

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Sades

Am I the only one who is completely lacking interest in the new animated series?

Post by Sades »

Just curious. Show of hands? Discussion?

I strongly dislike the animation style at this point in time. I can't effing get over how craptacular it looks... Just because it was fine for Samurai Jack back in the day doesn't mean that we want to see it in everything.

[huffs]

... So, you?
This is my signature. My wasted space. My little corner. You can't have it. It's mine. I can write whatever I want. And I have!
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Watched the first eight to ten episodes. Quite enjoyable. Haven't bothered since, have had Waiting For God and bits of Yes Minister on in the background instead.
Clay

Post by Clay »

[raises hand]

I like the idea; apparently the execution is good; I like that it seems to be doing well and isn't utter garbage like everything since Beast Wars.

But right now, I just don't care. I'm sure I'll see it at some point, though.
Blitzwing

Post by Blitzwing »

I absolutely love it. I wasn't big on the animation style when I first saw preview pics, but it has grown on me. The stories are at a par with those in Beast Wars, and there are a ton of great nods to older Transformers generations. Plus the re-invention of a lot of classic characters makes it fun as well. Also, I just got my hands on some of the toys, and they are sweet.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

I'm nominally for the style and everything. I'm just not particularly interested in Transformers full-stop right now...
SimonMK
Protoform

Post by SimonMK »

I like it, at first I hated it for his simple look but its grown on me. At least its doesn't abuse the transformation scenes like in Cybertron. ''OP combine with Wing Saber, Megatron retreat, OP seperate and talk a little bit to Vector Prime and for some reason decide to combine with Wing Saber again...''
der2

Post by der2 »

Well its definitlry different from what came before and I very much like that about it. So maybe the animation style is very CN, but its a step away from what armada and it's follow ups had to offer.
Ackula

Post by Ackula »

I love it. I liked the art style from the beginning though before ever seeing the actual show. But more than the art, the story and voice acting is what has drawn me in big time. This series is the first one since Beast Wars that has believable voice acting and really engrossing story arcs. The G1 references and throw backs to the 80's characters is a tip of the iceberg, yes. I like the fact that the writers seem to be actual fans of the franchise to some extent, and throw in all these references that only an old school fan would get.

The last three series have greatly suffered from recycled animation, "match the movement of the lips" voice acting, and very uninteresting plots. I can honestly say that the new series does not suffer from these things. I don't really seem to notice the style of animation when I'm watching the show to be fully honest, because I'm so immersed in the characters and the story that they are telling.
Civ

Post by Civ »

Short answer, yes, I like it. And if you want to check out the episodes, as of now as far as I know, they're available on YouTube.
Thanks, Zeeks! Great job! :up:
another tf fan

Post by another tf fan »

Pretty Much gotta agree with Acku-Uh Kali, on this one.

I however didn't care for the art style when it was first shown, but it has grown on me because of the great story-telling and interesting characters.

The show is great for longtime fans but also engrossing for kids like my 6 year old nephew who loves to watch and discuss the show with me.
Come on and wind me up.
Vin Ghostal

Post by Vin Ghostal »

I love it. It's extremely well done (for the reasons others have stated). Also, it's the only show since the original that I've watched as it's been aired, rather than catching it after the fact via downloading or DVD. I'm really enjoying it.
secretcode

Post by secretcode »

I'm glad this series doesn't following the now typical Optimus Prime = One-Man Army formula.

"Someone's robbing a bank! SUPER MODE!"
"Decepticon Drones! SUPER MODE!"
"Megatron is attacking! SUPER MODE!"
"A slight breeze! SUPER MODE!!"
Latest Hauls: Supertrain Megazord, RID Galvatron, Nightwatch Prime
TF Total: 173 ---- Non-TF: 32
Cyberstrike nTo
Protoform

Post by Cyberstrike nTo »

It's an OK show I don't think it's nowhere as good as Beast Wars IMO though. I tend to watch it on youtube when I remember too but this is a series that I feel that I will enjoy more when it gets released on DVD.

Things I like:
1) The voice acting is very good.

2) The fact that Optimus Prime isn't the supreme leader of all the Autobots and is the leader of a group of maintenance bots.

3) The Decepticons being more more powerful than the Autobots and that some of the Autobots are pricks (like Sentinel Prime and even Ratchet to a certian degree).

Things that I don't like:
1) The fact that new characters (Soundwave, Wreck-Gar, and Lockdown) appear for one episode and usually end up in a sewer, buried under a river, or disappears in space, waiting for their eventual return.

2) I find the over all arc of the show very slow and plodding there's not been any "I can't wait to see what happens next week" type shows for me at least.

3) The humans are the most annoying characters in any Transformers series. If Meagtron killed Sari, Sumdec, Fanzone, Meltdown, The Angry Archer, the Headmaster, and the rest of the so-called "super-villains" I would say the show would be a thousand times better. The episodes where the Autobots fight any of the "super-villains" are by far my least favorites.
SimonMK
Protoform

Post by SimonMK »

I actually enjoy Sari, Dr. Sumdac and Fanzone much more then the humans in RID, Armada and Cybertron. Can't say about Energon since I missed a lot of episode and have a hard time trying to find in the right order in YouTube.

But the humain villains are really boring.
wolfbolt86
Protoform

Post by wolfbolt86 »

Most of the human villains i don't like, but of the human supporting cast, i like Capt. Fanzone the most. Until the show ends, i can't tell if beast wars or this one will be my farviote.

Pros: Dosen't have names for all of the attacks like RID
Very good voice acting
Deadly Cons
No minicons, powerlinking, or cyberkeys
More serious than Cartoony

Cons: Human villains that are comic rejects.

haven't made up mind on yet
The art, serveral shows i watch have it.
The key useful plot device, but can be over used
BackTrax
Protoform

Post by BackTrax »

SimonMK wrote:I actually enjoy Sari, Dr. Sumdac and Fanzone much more then the humans in RID, Armada and Cybertron. Can't say about Energon since I missed a lot of episode and have a hard time trying to find in the right order in YouTube.

But the humain villains are really boring.
Trust me, two episodes in and you'll wish some one would run over the entire cast of energon. Kicker was a whiney little S.O.B Sari is actually my favorite human of all, Topping even Spike and Sparkplug.

Also I got to say since I dont think anyone else has said it. I like that there arent as many Transformers as there use to be. I mean the origional cartoon basically we got the Army of both sides so some didnt get all that much characterization unless they did an episode that focused on some one or you read a comic staring them. Now we've really gotten to know each of the Autobots that show up. And when they do bring in some new character like Wreck Gar, its not like "Jeeze aren't we getting a little crowded?"
Don't follow me, you'll never make it!"
Cyberstrike nTo
Protoform

Post by Cyberstrike nTo »

BackTrax wrote:Trust me, two episodes in and you'll wish some one would run over the entire cast of energon. Kicker was a whiney little S.O.B Sari is actually my favorite human of all, Topping even Spike and Sparkplug.
Kicker actually matures by the end of Energon and I think he was far more interesting character than Sari will ever be.
Sades

Post by Sades »

Why was this moved? I didn't post it in the "correct" forum for a reason. Namely the fact that if someone isn't interested in the new series, they're not going to be in the animated forum. I'm moving it back [because I'm a stubborn bastard and even though there's a redirect in the other forum :p ] because the entire point of its existance in that forum was to catch a good spread of opinions. Sorry to whoever moved it.

Anyway- I've heard mixed reviews. I'm thinking that I'm going to have to watch more than a few minutes' worth to form a real, substantial opinion... so, yeah, probably online I go. When I have a spare moment anyway... I'm afraid I may be a bit biased/old to really cotton to it, but I'm willing to give it a try.
This is my signature. My wasted space. My little corner. You can't have it. It's mine. I can write whatever I want. And I have!
Ackula

Post by Ackula »

Sades wrote:Why was this moved? I didn't post it in the "correct" forum for a reason. Namely the fact that if someone isn't interested in the new series, they're not going to be in the animated forum. I'm moving it back [because I'm a stubborn bastard and even though there's a redirect in the other forum :p ] because the entire point of its existance in that forum was to catch a good spread of opinions. Sorry to whoever moved it.
Sorry, I was the one who moved it to the correct forum. I assumed it was an oversight on your part. I didn't think it was a big deal, just thought that if it was not in the Animated section, then people who frequently go there might not see it. I myself always go into the Animated section because its what I'm into right now and its my "area", but usually skip this area, until I became global anyway. ;)

Back on topic... I'm older than you Sadie, but my excuse is that I started watching it with my son and got hooked early on. Its cool to have something we can both be into together, and it drives my mother in law nuts...so its win-win for me!
Bluecatcinema
Protoform

Post by Bluecatcinema »

I don't think all the human villains are lame. Professor Princess and Angry Archer, sure, but Meltdown is pretty cool, and Porter C. Powell is developing into sort of a Lex Luthor-like villain: a businessman with sordid affairs who can't be touched.