[Animated] Cartoon Network Canceling Animated?

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Transformer Kamen

[Animated] Cartoon Network Canceling Animated?

Post by Transformer Kamen »

From tfw2005.com:

Over at Toon Zone, there is a report on Cartoon Network's 2009 upfront presentation, detailing new and returning shows on the network for the rest of the year. Unfortunately there is no mention of Transformers Animated among the list of returning shows, which adds further fuel to the fire that the currently airing Season 3 is the last season of Transformers Animated.

The original posting at Toon Zone can be read here.

Obviously, this is something that has been rumoured for a while. It should be noted that this may not be a comprehensive list, and there has been no official word from Hasbro or Cartoon Network on the status of Transformers: Animated.

That said. It's not looking good for the old boy. :(
borg72

Post by borg72 »

ummm... didn't we already know this? or are we inferring that TFA is going off-air before season 3 is finished?
Treadshot A1

Post by Treadshot A1 »

borg72 wrote:ummm... didn't we already know this?
I don't remember it ever being set in stone by Hasbro or CN as to it's cancellation. It's just considered very likely, but not definite yet, i don't think*.

Just add this to the ever-growing list of "things that support Animated's cancellation".

*Might have missed something, though.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Neuronutter
Protoform

Post by Neuronutter »

borg72 wrote:ummm... didn't we already know this? or are we inferring that TFA is going off-air before season 3 is finished?
It's not known for sure as there's been no official confirmation, this is just another nail in the coffin.
Ackula

Post by Ackula »

borg72 wrote:ummm... didn't we already know this? or are we inferring that TFA is going off-air before season 3 is finished?
We don't know anything but rumors really. TFW's "awesome insider sources" have yet to confirm or deny anything. Right now it is just a rumor, however it seems highly likely at this point.
secretcode

Post by secretcode »

Yes, but TFW's inside sources this time have been correct thus far, especially with the loads of plot leaks, most have which have already been shown in the show, or will be on Sat.'s episode (that has itself been leaked) and quite frankly, TFW is much more believable than other sites at this point.
Latest Hauls: Supertrain Megazord, RID Galvatron, Nightwatch Prime
TF Total: 173 ---- Non-TF: 32
Ackula

Post by Ackula »

There is no reason to get so defensive. I'm simply quoting TFW's site.

http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-new ... -3-166674/
TFW2005.COM's sources were unwilling to confirm or deny this rumor, or simply said "No comment" at all.
You would think you were an official representative of their site the way you jumped in to defend them. Back off man, I speak the truth ;)
superchook692006
Protoform

NO MORE ANIMATED

Post by superchook692006 »

Not surprising, as we only get too see the series on foxtel and then dvd, when it's released over here.
Jaynz
Custom Title: RIP - see pixelsagas.com

Post by Jaynz »

well, it does seem like Cartoon Network is doing all it can to kill Animated, along with any other series that isn't wholly owned by CN...
Springer007

Post by Springer007 »

I have been feeling that CN has been faltering lately with the cartoons they run lately. There are great shows on there, but it seems there are shows that are just plain horrid to watch. I actually enjoyed TFA more than I thought I would. I was actually engrossed with the show and want more than three seasons to make up for: Armada, Energon, and Cybertron.

Even though those three had their high points too, just the human characters got seriously annoying at times. Also, announcing said character attacks and moves gets annoying. And TFA actually has not so bad acting and I am very impressed with the story telling and an alternate reality of our favorite characters too, along with some new ones to boot. And they don't announce their "flying fists of doom" attacks, they just fight for the heck of it in episodes, and give some pretty decent human villains too (or at least I think so, with their personality flaws included of course).

I predict if CN actually cancels this show that it will go to Boomerang or one of the other subsidiary networks and do even better because it will be more available for people to watch compared to the time CN dictates on weekends.
"Fear denies faith. And for the Immortal Emperor!"

-Space Marines
Blaster

Post by Blaster »

Is YTV canceling it aswell? As I recall they also had a stake in its creation.
"You’re still a slave, Angron. Enslaved by your past, blind to the future. Too hateful to learn. Too spiteful to prosper."
Detective Barricade

Post by Detective Barricade »

Blaster wrote:Is YTV canceling it aswell? As I recall they also had a stake in its creation.
It's produced by Cartoon Network, so if they don't produce anymore episodes, then YTV can't air anymore. Not that we know for certain if it's done after season 3.
Got a complaint?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The Complaints department: making complaints disappear since 2009!
Clay

Post by Clay »

Blaster wrote:Is YTV canceling it aswell? As I recall they also had a stake in its creation.
Detective Barricade wrote:It's produced by Cartoon Network, so if they don't produce anymore episodes, then YTV can't air anymore. Not that we know for certain if it's done after season 3.
Yeah, apparently that may have been a factor in the rumor: YTV ordered a third season and Hasbro agreed without consulting Cartoon Network.
Ackula wrote:There is no reason to get so defensive. I'm simply quoting TFW's site.

http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-new ... -3-166674/

You would think you were an official representative of their site the way you jumped in to defend them. Back off man, I speak the truth ;)
The only one I see being defensive is you :o. I know you love the series, but don't get so worked up over rumors yourself.
Detective Barricade

Post by Detective Barricade »

Clay wrote:Yeah, apparently that may have been a factor in the rumor: YTV ordered a third season and Hasbro agreed without consulting Cartoon Network.
Never heard about that. But at least someone at YTV and Hasbro were thinking straight!;)
Got a complaint?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The Complaints department: making complaints disappear since 2009!
Ackula

Post by Ackula »

Clay wrote:The only one I see being defensive is you :o. I know you love the series, but don't get so worked up over rumors yourself.
Ah...ok..? You lost me there man. I'm not getting worked up over anything, I just said it wasn't denied or confirmed yet, not sure how that can be misconstrued as being worked up? I just wanted to point out the facts, despite everything pointing towards it ending after season 3.

It hardly makes any sense for anyone to make a stink out of it, or to cry outrage, we all knew that the series would end eventually. It would be pretty consistent to end after 3 seasons anyway, in comparison to past series' length. But hey, whatever dude, people will infer whatever they want from what anyone says on here..happens all the time. ;)
another tf fan

Post by another tf fan »

STOP GETTING SO WORKED UP ACKULA!

JEEZE!!!!!!1111
Come on and wind me up.
borg72

Post by borg72 »

just 'fyi' for anyone still unaware, teh intertoobs is currently showing everything up to and including 'five servos of doom', which hasn't actually aired yet.
wolfbolt86
Protoform

Post by wolfbolt86 »

If it ends, hopefully we can at least get a proper ending. I hate having a clifhanger at the end of a show. Besides, this one has been better than the last three series that have come out.
Slayer-Fan123

Post by Slayer-Fan123 »

wolfbolt86 wrote:Besides, this one has been better than the last three series that have come out.
Very true.
Honestly, I think the only shows on cartoon network worth watching are The Clone Wars and Animated. Eliminating animated would just be terrible. I mean, have you seen Ben Ten and The Secret Saturdays? PURE BULLSH*IT.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Springer007

Post by Springer007 »

Slayer-Fan123 wrote:Very true.
Honestly, I think the only shows on cartoon network worth watching are The Clone Wars and Animated. Eliminating animated would just be terrible. I mean, have you seen Ben Ten and The Secret Saturdays? PURE BULLSH*IT.
Secret Saturdays isn't as bad as the new Ben 10.... But I agree that Clone Wars is another one of those series that has good acting (thank God no hayden christiansen, unless he got better at acting), and good story and imagination. I just hate the narrator lol. I imagine when CN does its thing they will only do what they think is "best", but eliminate some audiences at the same time.
"Fear denies faith. And for the Immortal Emperor!"

-Space Marines