General transformers situation where you are

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
RUNAMOK
Protoform

General transformers situation where you are

Post by RUNAMOK »

I’m not completely sure where this belongs but moving things are easy these days.

How is the general transformers situation where you are? How good is the media coverage? How are the toys selling?

Where I am its just plain bad in my opinion,
Toys:
There haven’t been any new toys here since the waves of animated that contain Lugnut, Blitzwing, Oilslick, Jazz, Snarl and Soundwave. Toys are literally collecting dust in the stores as I discovered when my brother bought animated Optimus Prime. I get the damn feeling that in a town of 60.000 people I’m the only one who buys any transformers toys anymore. Most things are on sale, half the price sometimes, and they are still not selling.

Comics:
None. No transformers comics since the 80’s I think, or at least I can’t find them.

Advertisement:
There have been some toy ads for animated, but that was months ago I last saw any in Danish.

Cartoon:
I do not have the two most likely candidates for the latest cartoon; those would be Cartoon Network and NSBS NET which had Energon and Cybertron. But among the 48 channels I have only one, Super RTL, shows animated. No Danish dub that I know off and kids are usually fond of German as far as I remember from my school time.

I was just curious how things are coming along elsewhere, if there might be many places worse.
slartibartfast

Post by slartibartfast »

Pretty much the same scenario here.

The film had a fairly large impact. Headlining in cinemas and such, but the toys never really shifted despite a large investment in filling the shelves. And unless you want to buy several Bulkheads or Optimus Primes the only place you're going to find any toys in France is in a ye olde 80s nostalgia shoppe. I'm not even sure the comics came out at all.

AFAIK there's one website in French. Small one at that.

... What a depressing day.
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

I see the comic in the various comic shops around here. So I assume it's doing well enough to be stocked.

Toys: We're usually a few months behind aside from when they launch a new line. S'been that way since RID (which was when I started collecting again so possibly longer than that?). However we eventually get everything (or at least the stuff I'm looking for). Sometimes we miss an exclusive here or there because the Walmarts in my area hate toys (of course it's a well-known fact that Walmart in general hates toys. Why else would it cram all of the boys' toys into a single aisle? :p). Usually requires going all the way out to the one that's an hour away to get a Walmart Exclusive. Target and TRU usually have a healthy supply, and usually if the shelves are empty one week they're restocked the next.

Ads? I watch mostly adult tv (my dad usually has it on when I get home so I watch whatever he's got on) so they don't really advertise kids' products aside from baby supplies that are clearly targeted at parents.

Cartoon? I dinnae have cartoon network, but they probably play it in my area.
Detective Barricade

Post by Detective Barricade »

Things here are pretty good, especially compared to over in Europe apparently. (judging on Runamok and Slartibartfast's comments)

The last Animated commercial I saw was for Jetfire and Jetstorm, I think during Transwarpped. YTV is only one episode behind, but does air it. Not sure about the comics as I don't collect. And the stores are up to wave 5 Deluxe for Animated and Universe. (though the last I checked, only Cheetor was still available, plus Sunstreaker, Prowl, and Galvatron, all in limited quantities)
Got a complaint?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The Complaints department: making complaints disappear since 2009!
electro girl

Post by electro girl »

Yep Europe could certainly do better, things arn't fantastic over here but they certainly seem better than France and Denmark. The only places to buy TFs in Hull are TRU, Argos and Asda, our TRU can be a bit hit and miss sometimes and only the larger Asdas are good for TFs otherwise its just Star Wars crossovers. Generally I avoid Argos as you're never certain what you'll get.

Comics arn't bad, we get the Titan Movie and Animated comic and you can get stuff off play.com anyway.
-------------------------
A Chinese cartoon where the robots turn into blingwads!
blastoff
Protoform

Post by blastoff »

things in Boston,Ma are going pretty good
you can find transformers toys in almost any store
although they go pretty quickly
You've got the wrong bunch
Gouki

Post by Gouki »

Transformers in Australia ar pretty terrible. Besides the lakc of restocking figures, the overabundance of things that don't sell versus the horrible understocking of deluxe sized figures and the like, missing out on figures until odd times... Myer has started charging 39.95 for Deluxe Animated (but only animated) and depending on the shop it can cost $50 - $65 for an Ultra and $44 - $55 for a Voyager.

Then there's other places like Toys R Us and Target which are so clogged up with the Movie Voyager and Deluxe exclusives it's ridiculous.
"Give into the Demon inside... Shun Goku Sattsu!"
optimusjamie

Post by optimusjamie »

Things are looking quite excellent behind this monitor. But my Pepsi Convoy has got t-Virus on it. :p. (My monitor is located in Raccoon City)
Mama Luigi wrote:Or, is it the bagel?
Dead Man Wade

Post by Dead Man Wade »

So there's a very good chance you'll get eaten?

Overall situation here is good. I've not heard of any new releases that we haven't gotten.
optimusjamie

Post by optimusjamie »

My Pepsi Convoy i snow clean, which makes it TOWTAL PWNAGE!!1one!
Mama Luigi wrote:Or, is it the bagel?
MeGrimlock
Protoform

Post by MeGrimlock »

Toys:
The last Deluxe Universe toys: Ironhide, Sideswipe, Silverstreak, Galvatron, Acid Storm. Available only in one chain store, and only in some cities.
Animated is nicely distributed in some provinces, but not in mine: we're stuck with the wave containing Oilslick, Jazz, Snarl and Soundwave. The Voyagers are available in few other regions. There's a great amount of Safeguard, though.
The 2007 Movie got a better distribution/advertisement.

Comics:
The italian Infiltration TPB didn't sell well, and Panini will not risk again, except for the RotF stuff and Reign Of Starscream, but they all will be published only for the comic shop circuit. They will not be available at the newsstands (where most comics are sold in Italy).

Advertisement:
Very few toy ads for Animated, or nothing at all.

Cartoon:
Animated has been broadcasted on a national network every saturday morning; now it's being broadcasted on a payment channel called Jetix.