[Animated] Reaction Thread: "Five Servos of Doom" -- Episode 35

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
electro girl

[Animated] Reaction Thread: "Five Servos of Doom" -- Episode 35

Post by electro girl »

SPOILERS LIKLEY!

Well I cant speak for the rest of you but I for one thought that it was the best episode of season 3 yet! if not all of Animated!

Well I certainly enjoyed the inclusion of Prowl as a concientious (sp) objector, George Takei, he was a great sensai. Also Warpath and Cliffjumper were nice little nods, even if we have seen Cliffy before. Lockdown and Liar SS do seem good partners and it made the fight scene ACE!!

So to sum up it was bloody brilliant.:up::up::up::up::up:
-------------------------
A Chinese cartoon where the robots turn into blingwads!
Raze
Protoform

Post by Raze »

Have I missed a whole week? :confused:

Season 3

30. 3- 1 301 14 Mar 09 TransWarped - Part 1
31. 3- 2 302 14 Mar 09 TransWarped - Part 2
32. 3- 3 303 14 Mar 09 TransWarped - Part 3
33. 3- 4 304 21 Mar 09 Three's A Crowd
34. 3- 5 305 28 Mar 09 Where Is Thy Sting?
35. 3- 6 306 4 Apr 09 Five Servos of Doom
electro girl

Post by electro girl »

Well it does seem like this episode has been leeked rather quikley, Fanoftransformers101 dosn't even have a pic for the episode yet.
But this season is very much worth watching, also does anyone know if this is airing on nicktoons in the UK? I dont have sky but I'd still like to know.
Treadshot A1

Post by Treadshot A1 »

Just watched it today. fanoftransformers101 had a pic for the ep.

The ep was ****ing brilliant.
SPOILER! (select to read)
I loved seeing Prowl go from your average bot to a calm and collected cyber ninja. The death of Yoke-tron was not totally expected, but not surprising either. At least it shows wars do cost lives. That's like, what, 4-5 bots killed so far?

Sentinel was a dick, but at least that actually led to something this time. Sentinel in the rain...AWESOME!

Too bad the ending was predictable, who didn't guess it was Lockdown, eh?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Detective Barricade

Post by Detective Barricade »

This was an EPIC episode. Yes, awesome doesn't even compare!;) And yay for the return of the Samurai armor!:up: Anyone else catch a bit of... foreshadowing from Yukitron?
Got a complaint?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The Complaints department: making complaints disappear since 2009!
electro girl

Post by electro girl »

Detective Barricade wrote: Anyone else catch a bit of... foreshadowing from Yukitron?
Explain sir.
Detective Barricade

electro girl wrote:Explain sir.
"Never sacrifice the future to save the past, Prowl. When your time comes, you will understand." A hint that those rumors about Prowl dying this season may not be unfounded?:confused:
Got a complaint?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
electro girl

Post by electro girl »

When I read what you said I died a little inside.:down:
wolfbolt86
Protoform

Post by wolfbolt86 »

Where did you guys watch the thing? I've tried Youtube, but the first part has been removed. I don't like watching stuff from the midpoint. It's not even on the Cartoon Network site yet either, like Tfwiki.net stated.

Anyway looks like the debate about the proper name of the Supreme Commander has reached its end.
Rookwise
Protoform

Post by Rookwise »

Forbidden/discouraged topics and content

The general policy on things like YouTube and torrents is that we're not here to help people freeload current commercial content.
From the TFA rules ...

-Ackula
wolfbolt86
Protoform

Post by wolfbolt86 »

Thanks. Strange how Youtube took some of the posted videos off, while leaving some up.
Blitzwing

Post by Blitzwing »

I totally thought that the missing Ninja was going to turn out to be Bludeon, but Lockdown makes a more logical choice. Him and Ramjet were great in the episode. I wish we could have gotten a scene out of Blitzwing getting captured though.

Some classic Sentinel moments in this one, I love that guy. Such a bastard.

Nice to see Prowl get his armour back, I hope he is portrayed as a much more dangerous fighter from now on.
Ackula

Post by Ackula »

While discussing the leaked episode is ok I suppose, we do not want any links to torrents or Youtube videos for leaked episodes that have not even aired yet. This does nothing but hurt the rating of a dying show even more. Sorry, but its in the rules guys.

Anyways, the episode itself is excellent for sure. Nice to see the Armor back, and to finally see Prowl's back story, and to see him finally come into his own with the whole "P over M" thing.

Did anyone else notice the stadium where the end fight took place was called Tigatron Stadium? :)
Rookwise
Protoform

Post by Rookwise »

Sorry my bad

Didn't notice the Tigertron Stadium bit. There's quite a lot of sneaky references to previous TF eras in quite a few episodes.
secretcode

Post by secretcode »

Detective Barricade wrote:"Never sacrifice the future to save the past, Prowl. When your time comes, you will understand."
SPOILER! (select to read)
A hint that those rumors about Prowl dying this season may not be unfounded?
:confused:
Yeah, that was in no way a spoiler I was trying to avoid. Thanks. :up:

Fake pissed-offishness aside, this was a great episode, and the best this season so far! Sentinel Prime is still as dickish as ever and it's nice to see Mas y Menos Jetfire and Jetstorm get more action, and REALLY nice to see the Samurai Armor again- makes the toy even more worthwhile.
Latest Hauls: Supertrain Megazord, RID Galvatron, Nightwatch Prime
TF Total: 173 ---- Non-TF: 32
Detective Barricade

secretcode wrote:Yeah, that was in no way a spoiler I was trying to avoid. Thanks. :up:

Fake pissed-offishness aside, this was a great episode, and the best this season so far! Sentinel Prime is still as dickish as ever and it's nice to see Mas y Menos Jetfire and Jetstorm get more action, and REALLY nice to see the Samurai Armor again- makes the toy even more worthwhile.
Your welcome.;) And I think once this episode officially airs on CN/YTV, "Samurai" Prowl may fly off the shelves!
Got a complaint?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Transformer Kamen

Post by Transformer Kamen »

I don't think there are enough words to describe how awesome this episode was! I think I soiled my trousers....

So, we finally get to see Prowl's past, and why he never finished his Cyber-ninja training. Lockdown returns, and most of the 'Cons on are in custody. All of them, I think, except for the ladies and Wasp. It was also nice that they tied this episode in with "A Fist Full of Energon", almost kind of retconning the "moral" of that episode into something more interesting. Additionally, S.P's "capture" of Swindle was a sweet reference as well.

I was thrilled to see Warpath, and Jazz keeps getting cooler. Oddly, Ratchet, Bumblebee, and Sari are all AWOL this episode. I'm really starting to wonder where Sari is....

George TakeiYokotron's spark chamber looking like the Matrix was a nice touch, and I wonder if it's the same for all bots. And I was thrilled to see Warpath.

I notice the Detroit Tigers now play at Tigatron stadium! :lol:

Overall, I'd say this is the best episode so far.
Detective Barricade

Transformer Kamen wrote:I don't think there are enough words to describe how awesome this episode was! I think I soiled my trousers....

So, we finally get to see Prowl's past, and why he never finished his Cyber-ninja training. Lockdown returns, and most of the 'Cons on are in custody. All of them, I think, except for the ladies and Wasp. It was also nice that they tied this episode in with "A Fist Full of Energon", almost kind of retconning the "moral" of that episode into something more interesting. Additionally, S.P's "capture" of Swindle was a sweet reference as well.

I was thrilled to see Warpath, and Jazz keeps getting cooler. Oddly, Ratchet, Bumblebee, and Sari are all AWOL this episode. I'm really starting to wonder where Sari is....
I've a feeling Sari may finally return in Predacons Rising, and almost certainly in Human Error.
Got a complaint?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Transformer Kamen

Post by Transformer Kamen »

Detective Barricade wrote:I've a feeling Sari may finally return in Predacons Rising, and almost certainly in Human Error.
You're probably right. I do hope that they'll at least mention her absence, though, rather than just acting like nothing's transpired.

Oh, one other thing about this episode. Does anyone else feel like Safeguard is pretty useless? The twins randomly combine during the fight, but don't really seem to gain any significant power boost. All they accomplish is to make one big target. Business as usual for powerlinking, eh?
Treadshot A1

Post by Treadshot A1 »

Ackula wrote:Did anyone else notice the stadium where the end fight took place was called Tigatron Stadium? :)
Yes. Sweet reference there. I think, as Kamen said, "the detroit tigers now play at Tigatron Stadium", that that's why they chose Tigatron for the name.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]