UPDATE: Michael Bay is NOT quitting Transformers

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

starlord wrote:He is making money.Why should he?
Money isn't everything. Especially when you're a guy like Bay who probably has enough that he doesn't have to work another day for a few lifetimes.

At this point it's about doing what he enjoys, and he has expressed an interest in taking some time away just so he doesn't get burned out on the subject.

It seems that he enjoys making tf movies, and has a vision for the movies that he makes, but if he did too many without taking a break he'd be poisoning his work by getting burned out.
Civ

Post by Civ »

Michael Bay hasn't quit Transformers but he is downplaying racial stereotypes in the film.

credit: TFormers' bwbm
Springer145

Post by Springer145 »

Yea they are stereotypes...funny stereotypes. People need to get over themselves IMHO. White people get made fun of relentlessly by black comedians but heaven forbid the opposite EVER happen. We're living in a period of double-standard payback time.

Besides, it's not race they're making fun of, per say, it's culture and personality traits. The whole hip/hop/jive whatever ya wanna call it, while probably pushed into mainstream by black individuals, isn't race dependent. Neither is country music/style (see Charley Pride and Darius Rucker) for that matter.

So uh, there...:D

Xbox 360 gamertag: Skyfall865
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

Springer145 wrote:payback time.

*Puts on white hood and grabs flaming torch*
Springer145

Post by Springer145 »

inflatable dalek wrote:*Puts on white hood and grabs flaming torch*
Umm...not exactly what I meant...:nonono: well this awkward lol

borg72

Post by borg72 »

inflatable dalek wrote:*Puts on white hood and grabs flaming torch*
I've seen the DaVinci code, sir! I know an orthodox Christian Spaniard when I see one! And the parquet flooring in the Louvre? its unmistakeable*, I tell you!

*unmistakeably the same as the pub down the street. i know, i've been to both.

anyhoo, i only came in to solicit a thought for the third film, but on second thoughts, it deserves a seperate thread.
Reflector

Post by Reflector »

That there article Civ linked wrote: He reiterates it's [the twins] purely for the kids.
It'll take a couple more viewings to confirm, but my sense is that those two characters do more swearing than anyone else in the film.
Flec's selling a lot of RID, Armada, and Energon, and a few G1 toys. 'S all I'm sayin'.
The TFArchive RPG - "the most popular part of the site[!]" - Skywarp. Darn tootin'.
Springer145

Post by Springer145 »

Reflector wrote:It'll take a couple more viewings to confirm, but my sense is that those two characters do more swearing than anyone else in the film.
Yep haha. "He so dead...he got ALL ate up" lol

Honestly though, I do think you're right. There was rarely a line by them not punctuated by at least a little language. All this makes me wonder...I thought the humor was great and utterly hilarious in parts (I'm also 23 and not easily offended) but what did Hasbro make of all this?

This movie had WAY more lewd and sexual humor (not to mention just pure language) than the '07 movie.

wolfbolt86
Protoform

Post by wolfbolt86 »

Reflector wrote:It'll take a couple more viewings to confirm, but my sense is that those two characters do more swearing than anyone else in the film.
I only saw the film oncy, but the two do the most swearing. I think most were aimed at the roomate.
Civ

Post by Civ »

Michael Bay says, "thank you" to the fans.

Credit: Shoot For the Edit Forum and Michael Bay himself.

[Quote=Michael Bay]The 400 critics around the globe spoke. Then fans around the world spoke.

Transformers made $60.6 million dollars in the United States for a total of around $100 million from the world on opening day! One of the biggest single days in movie history.

Then [supposed to be "They"] never seem to understand that I make movies for people to take a ride and escape.

To all the Transformer Fans - Thank You

Michael[/quote]
Thanks, Zeeks! Great job! :up:
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Fair play to the man, IMO... The critics really had the knives out for this one, as they largely hated the first one and it did rather well against their advice.
numbat

Post by numbat »

Cliffjumper wrote:Fair play to the man, IMO... The critics really had the knives out for this one, as they largely hated the first one and it did rather well against their advice.
There was the odd good review for the first one, saying that unlike the Matrix ('which tried to be too clever') and Lord of the Rings ('which was too clever'), Transformers hits the mark, and could be the next Star Wars. Can't remember who said that - I read it on a paper that had been left on a train I recall, though!

It also strikes me that people are complaining about the things they liked about the first one, or things they'd hoped for more of in a sequel, in ROTF.

Just no pleasing some folks!

If I wanted a thoughtful film, I'd sit down and watch Rashomon or 21 Grams. If I want to escape and have fun, I'll watch Transformers, Star Wars or the Matrix.

New sale thread added with a range of Transformers including Masterpiece, Botcon, CHUG, RID, Movies etc.

Looking for MP-11T Thundercracker and MP-9 Rodimus v2 (Takara version with as few QC issues as possible).

Check out my new sale thread now!

Also items on eBay.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Fully agree... IMO people who can't enjoy a brainless film for what it is are just as narrow-minded as those who can't enjoy an intelligent film for what it is... Not everything has to be artistically worthy to be enjoyable.

I often wonder why most film critics have the jobs they do, seeing as they tend to hate most films. I mean, I hate an awful lot of films, so I didn't get involved in a line of work that involves watching loads of the things...
Clay

Post by Clay »

Cliffjumper wrote:I often wonder why most film critics have the jobs they do, seeing as they tend to hate most films. I mean, I hate an awful lot of films, so I didn't get involved in a line of work that involves watching loads of the things...
Nothing makes you hate something you enjoy doing so much as getting paid for it?

Keep in mind, these people had to watch Norbit and Speed Racer against their will lest they not get a paycheck. I assume it wears them down after a while.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

They could always pretend. I'm pretty sure I could write an accurate review of norbit without ever having seen it - I've seen another Eddie Murphy film, after all...
Clay

Post by Clay »

Cliffjumper wrote:They could always pretend. I'm pretty sure I could write an accurate review of norbit without ever having seen it - I've seen another Eddie Murphy film, after all...
Touché.
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

Cliffjumper wrote:I often wonder why most film critics have the jobs they do, seeing as they tend to hate most films. I mean, I hate an awful lot of films, so I didn't get involved in a line of work that involves watching loads of the things...
Mmm. Peter Bradshaw over at the Guardian seems to hate any and all action films on principle. Which means I can understand why the editors might get some kick out of making him sit through every new one to come out, but it does result in an awful lot of snobby and dismissive one-star reviews when the whole thing might have been better served by giving the movie in question to somebody who's actually on the same page as the target audience.

Which is why it's always important to consider the source of any review. Like how it's advisable to ignore anything the NME has to say about music from a band with more than one album (passé tosh and liking them makes you a sheep). And anything they have to say about a band who are yet to release an album, for that matter (the best thing ever and you're an idiot if you've not seen them live eight times).
lordseeker
Protoform

Micheal bay will not direct the third sequel of transformers

Post by lordseeker »

micheal bay opted out to direct the third installment.. he said he wanted to do a movie with no explosions.. this will be a 50-50 chance that the third movie will come out the target date was 2012 if bay continued to direct it but now who knows
burnitall
Protoform

Post by burnitall »

lordseeker
Protoform

Post by lordseeker »

burnitall wrote::nonono: *sigh* God dammit, Kyle.
http://tfarchive.com/community/showthread.php?t=46813
oh,crap dammit im confused now he said he didn't want to direct it anymore now he's not quitting damn...they'd better get unicron and ultra magnus in the 3rd movie