Saga of the Allspark Question

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Dreadwing
Protoform

Saga of the Allspark Question

Post by Dreadwing »

I couldnt find any info in the threads about this series. I have not collected this series yet, but with the growing movieverse series I started thinking I should.

My questions are:

Is Saga of the Allspark counted as being "in continuity" or is it just considered a collection of amuseing anecdotes themed around the movie?

Does this series contradict anything in the movieverse? So far IDW seem to have done a good job of keeping this continuity a cohesive continuity.

Is it even worth collecting?
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

Saga of the Allspark is as in continuity with the Movie as the other spin off's are, and generally ties in pretty well with the first film (there's the odd thing, like them randomly moving the battle in the final to a different city, or doing something like killing Scorponok which they wouldn't have known would jar with the second movie a year later).

However, it's not in the same continuity as the bulk of the IDW stuff. If you didn't know it was originally published in the UK alongside a reprint of the first IDW prequel comic- which it does tie into- but the rest of their movieverse stuff has been ignored.

The issues IDW reprinted are, for the most part, light throwaway fun with some decent art (Senior and Baskerville making a welcome return plus several IDW hands and some bright young things making their mark), but the comic really started hitting its stride after the American reprints ended. The went into a "dark" alternate Universe for over a year that, though a bit hokey in theory, actually turned into a top notch little title that had the best use of Unicron in... well years at least. Possibly decades. Titan are doing their own mini trade series as they go along, called Transformers Adventures, so it might be worth tracking those books down instead and starting from the second one rather than bothering with what IDW used.

[shameless whoring] There's also some good write ups on the strips as originally published upon this very website: http://tfarchive.com/comics/titan/ [/shameless whoring]
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Wait, they're collecting 'Twilight's Last Gleaming' into a TPB? When?
inflatable dalek

At least the start of it should be in the second volume of the mini trades, assuming it has six issues in like the first apparently does (if they go all out for 7 issues it will have the whole story):

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASI ... nsfor06-21
AndyTurnbull
Protoform

Post by AndyTurnbull »

All of Twilight's Last Gleaming is in that second pocket-sized digest.

Sadly volume 3 seemed to vanish.

Andy
Dreadwing
Protoform

Post by Dreadwing »

Wel, thank you for explaining all that. I think i just might pick up Saga of the Allspark afterall.

'twilights Last Gleaming" and the aftermath story lines sound realy interesting. I doubt IDW will reprint any of that stuff over here in the States though.
inflatable dalek

Volume 3 is now out, with Bumblebee on the cover:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Transformers-Ad ... 924&sr=1-3

I know this after being surprised to see a box set of all three books in work for a fiver, anyone with a decent sized Tesco near them should be able to pick one up as well, that's not a bad price for the first 20 issues.

Anyone without a Tesco or abroad can always PM me if they're keen to own one.

EDIT: The third book has an image from Megatron: Origin on the back.... :0
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!