What's next for Transformers?

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
blastoff
Protoform

What's next for Transformers?

Post by blastoff »

What will the next Transformers project.
will it be a new cartoon series or will Transtech come to life?
what do you guys think?
You've got the wrong bunch
Neuronutter
Protoform

Post by Neuronutter »

I think the question I'd like to ask more is why has there been no news on this topic at all? They end Animated, two seasons too early IMO, and then don't announce anything new? Sure, ROTF was coming up and they've got the third movie to look to, as well as a relaunch of the comics by IDW but where are we with the next animated series? They must be planning one, surely?

So, where's the news and why's it taking so long?
secretcode

Post by secretcode »

With the movie coming in 2011, I wouldn't expect another Transformers show. Apparently at BotCon they said several times about a new Universe line to bridge the gap, and apparently there was a Drift shown at the Design panel alongside Leader Starscream (I'm still waiting for a definite yes on the Drift.)

If anything, expect a short gap similar to the one in 2006 with the first Classics line, and pretty much nothing else except remnants of the line before it.
Latest Hauls: Supertrain Megazord, RID Galvatron, Nightwatch Prime
TF Total: 173 ---- Non-TF: 32
Neuronutter
Protoform

Post by Neuronutter »

secretcode wrote:With the movie coming in 2011, I wouldn't expect another Transformers show. Apparently at BotCon they said several times about a new Universe line to bridge the gap, and apparently there was a Drift shown at the Design panel alongside Leader Starscream (I'm still waiting for a definite yes on the Drift.)

If anything, expect a short gap similar to the one in 2006 with the first Classics line, and pretty much nothing else except remnants of the line before it.
Then it's even more of a shame they cancelled Animated. That could've filled the gap nicely.
Skidmark

Post by Skidmark »

Neuronutter wrote:Then it's even more of a shame they cancelled Animated. That could've filled the gap nicely.
You never know.;) I'm going to Long beach Comic Con tomorrow so there's a slight chance they might announce something new.
"Some people are like slinkies, not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs."

Movies I've seen recently:
Red
Johnny Got His Gun
A Clockwork Orange
Fight Club
Toy Story 3
Zombieland
Tenacious D The Pick of destiny
Watchmen
secretcode

Post by secretcode »

News Flash: Unless it's SDCC or BotCon, don't expect news.
Summerhayes

Post by Summerhayes »

If they're going to keep making movies, I'm thinking they'll make an animated series thats a bit different from traditional TF, so people don't get confused. Something Beast Warsy
Raze
Protoform

Post by Raze »

Nah, it'll be a spinoff about those organics they're constantly hanging around with. I've already started working on the theme tune (which is just the G1 cartoon theme tune with new lyrics) and strapline for the show.

"Organics, watch how easy they die!"

It's a guaranteed hit!
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

I dunno, a Universe line to pad out the gap between TF2 and TF3 seems the most likely outcome. Personally, I don't think there will be any new TV shows, unless Hasbro wants to create something to milk our wallets even more.

I dunno, I think a Animated sequel, something like a season four where they hunt down the remaining Decepticons, is in order. Transformers Animated: Aftermath or something like that. But with the whole CN/Hasbro thing...

Anyway, enough reminiscing about Animated. It has been a good show, and it's sad to see it end. But so it is.

So for the next two years, I think we could look forward to a new Universe line, IDW comics, and perhaps some Animated toys (Strika, Brawn or Spittor, to name a few who deserve toys)
Neuronutter
Protoform

Post by Neuronutter »

Blackjack wrote: I dunno, I think a Animated sequel, something like a season four where they hunt down the remaining Decepticons, is in order. Transformers Animated: Aftermath or something like that. But with the whole CN/Hasbro thing...
Maybe something like BW becoming BM? They could do an Animated sequel in a slightly different vein, or something a few years down the line?
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Neuronutter wrote:Maybe something like BW becoming BM?
Well, it was such a roaring commercial success the last time they tried it...

It's probably best if people try to move on from Animated. Loose ends are starting points for your imaginations, people... Savour what you got rather than grumbling about what you didn't (I mean, they could have completely ****ed it up anyway).
Grufflock

Post by Grufflock »

I can see them doing a universe show, after all, all they need to do for the toyline is reissue the Classics/Universe line, and throw in a few more repaints.. It's either that, or with the short gap between the films, it'll be a miniseries based off the movies. Which means a few toy only characters may get a time to shine.

But I doubt it.
WWW.OLDOILHOUSE.CO.UK
Bringing Robots Into Disgrace Since 1984
starlord
Protoform

Post by starlord »

Maybe cartoon series but maybe something new for a change. Different transformers and more about their history. How did decepticon and autobot join forces to defeat their enemies and what made them hate each other?
A little nonsense now and then is cherished by the wisest of decepticons.
blastoff
Protoform

Post by blastoff »

starlord wrote:Maybe cartoon series but maybe something new for a change. Different transformers and more about their history. How did decepticon and autobot join forces to defeat their enemies and what made them hate each other?

thats a good idea
i'd watch that
You've got the wrong bunch
Paul053

Post by Paul053 »

Just no more Dragon Ball style (fist is more powerful than guns and cannons and fist to fist can generate bigger explosion than a nuclear bomb) cartoon than I will be okay.
Rurudyne
Protoform

Post by Rurudyne »

Paul053 wrote:Just no more Dragon Ball style (fist is more powerful than guns and cannons and fist to fist can generate bigger explosion than a nuclear bomb) cartoon than I will be okay.
Or SciFi, excuse me ... Scyfi, redoing Beast Wars.

Only with more giant snakes.
Standup Philosopher

"Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball"
thunderkraker
Protoform

after rebirth/or a prequel

Post by thunderkraker »

:clap:i would like to see a cgi or japanimated( not that bullshit that was on cartoon network) version of g1 transformers after the rebirth episode an make it more darker an mature with new characters but still have the old ones in the episodes....or make a prequel b4 the arch hit that volcano in 84
with a young alpha trion when he was called A3
Auntie Slag
Custom Title: Satisfaction guaranteed!

Post by Auntie Slag »

I want an Animorphs reboot. Those toys were incredibly good fun, and you got a free brain sucking glow in the dark leech thing with each figure!

TV series directed by Whedon/Bay/Kieslowski!

I can dream.
Idesergyser
Protoform

Whats next for Transformers

Post by Idesergyser »

With SBs emails back in full swing, one must ask this: Whats next for the rest of this year? And so this thread is mainly for taking guesses on what MAY happen next. Stuff that will probably happen for sure:
A Halloween ToonA Thanksgiving toonA Decemberween toonMy guesses:
New Power By The Cheat thing.A new flash game that has nothing to do on the site something like "Wheres an Egg?"New Teen Girl SquadAnother Original Toon
LordDeathsaurus
Protoform

Post by LordDeathsaurus »

I'm looking forward to the War for Cybertron game and the new "all one continuity" idea.