mistakes in G1 cartoon

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
The Doctor

Post by The Doctor »

kupimus aka(clocker) wrote:there are no mistakes in the g1 cartoon. the transformers just exist in a world where the laws of reality are slightly different;)
Yeah that's it!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
sto_vo_kor_2000
Protoform

Post by sto_vo_kor_2000 »

Hey guys, I'm new here so I hope no one gets upset for me bringing back a dead topic but I want to ad my 2 cents.
mesk wrote:lol yea it was skywarp became cyclonus !
Actually all the evidence points to Bombshell becoming Cyclonus.
Clay wrote:Hi, no. Skywarp was remade into Cyclonus as evidenced by the fact that they're both purple.
Really??

"both purple." is why you think that??

I might point out that Skywarp was purple and black...but so was Bombshell.
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

I became Cyclonus.
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
sto_vo_kor_2000
Protoform

inflatable dalek wrote:I became Cyclonus.
Nice to meat you:clap:
Today is a good day to die.....but the day is not yet over!
My feedback thread.
http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/showthrea ... ost1758828
Jaynz
Custom Title: RIP - see pixelsagas.com

Post by Jaynz »

sto_vo_kor_2000 wrote:Nice to meat you:clap:
Dalek is now lunch...
sto_vo_kor_2000
Protoform

TFVanguard wrote:Dalek is now lunch...
Sorry, I didnt get that.
My feedback thread.
Jaynz

Post by Jaynz »

sto_vo_kor_2000 wrote:Sorry, I didnt get that.
"meat" is a food type.
"meet" means to be introduced to something.

:P
sto_vo_kor_2000
Protoform

TFVanguard wrote:"meat" is a food type.
"meet" means to be introduced to something.

:P
Ahh, my bad spelling.
My feedback thread.
Blaster

Post by Blaster »

TFVanguard wrote:Dalek is now lunch...
Delicious Dalek, you must eat it.
"You’re still a slave, Angron. Enslaved by your past, blind to the future. Too hateful to learn. Too spiteful to prosper."
inflatable dalek

Certainly everyone who has put my meat in their mouth has enjoyed the salty goodness.
Sades

Post by Sades »

It's usually common courtesy to shower before you- crap, that's a joke I can't do here, isn't it?

Fine then. Skywarp! he was purple and black.
This is my signature. My wasted space. My little corner. You can't have it. It's mine. I can write whatever I want. And I have!
Jaynz

Post by Jaynz »

Sades wrote:It's usually common courtesy to shower before you- crap, that's a joke I can't do here, isn't it?

Fine then. Skywarp! he was purple and black.
It was LIFE SPARK!

Actually, I never understood the big deal about 'who became Cyclonus and Scourge'. They were dead by that time. Only Megatron was alive enough to be reincarnated rather than born anew. Everything else was spare parts.
Rack 'n Ruin

Post by Rack 'n Ruin »

I once had a nasty bruise that was black and purple.

I AM CYCLONUS' ARMADA!!! :clap:
Wreck and Rule!
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Sades wrote:Blackjack is purple and black as well.
I IS CYCLONUS ARMADA!!!!

Cyclonus Armada is the yodeling helicopter with a Mini-Con named Crumplezone, right? Eh? Eh?
inflatable dalek

I always liked that bit in The Return of Optimus Prime where Soundwave's faceplate doesn't move down with the rest of his head when he nods...
sto_vo_kor_2000
Protoform

Ummm, what happened?
My feedback thread.
inflatable dalek

sto_vo_kor_2000 wrote:Ummm, what happened?

If you missed it, all the posts related to the previous discussion joke/troll discussion have been split off into their own thread which has been locked:
http://tfarchive.com/community/showthread.php?t=49497

Basically this gives a fresh start to this thread and other posters relationship with you. As long as you play cool and within the rules there will be no need to mention it again.

ON TOPIC:

As I know scripts for G1 episodes have shown up in various places over the years, can anyone confirm what the script for the first part of The Return of Optimus Prime says about the condition of his body at the start? Does it actually say he looks perfectly fine despite the contradiction with Dark Awakening or does it at least infer it should be visually the same as when we last saw him?
sto_vo_kor_2000
Protoform

inflatable dalek wrote:If you missed it, all the posts related to the previous discussion joke/troll discussion have been split off into their own thread which has been locked:
http://tfarchive.com/community/showthread.php?t=49497

Basically this gives a fresh start to this thread and other posters relationship with you. As long as you play cool and within the rules there will be no need to mention it again.

ON TOPIC:

As I know scripts for G1 episodes have shown up in various places over the years, can anyone confirm what the script for the first part of The Return of Optimus Prime says about the condition of his body at the start? Does it actually say he looks perfectly fine despite the contradiction with Dark Awakening or does it at least infer it should be visually the same as when we last saw him?
Kool thanks.

As for your question, I have seen a script for the 2 parter, but I cant verify its official.

And, there was no mention as to how Optimus should or shouldnt look.An oversight perhaps??

Or an other example of them just not caring enough.
My feedback thread.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

The one thing that occurs to me is that Dark Awakening and TRoOP were, IIRC, subcontracted to different studios (AKOM and Toei respectively, IIRC). It's possible the episodes were produced more or less at the same time, or at least near enough that neither saw each others' work - Toei could have been working from a rough script of Dark Awakening rather than finished animation, for example; turnaround would have been pretty tight, there can't have been much more than a month between air dates and there were a lot or rush jobs in Season 3 (hence the noticeably large proportion of AKOM episodes).

While there are a couple of dialogue references, TRoOP has a strange sort of narrative disconnect to Dark Awakening - aside from the reference to Quintessons repairing Prime before, it's amazing no-one really mentions the previous revival more than they do, let alone the fact that it's pretty obvious Prime is completely destroyed, never mind heavily damaged, by the Quint trap. But then I suppose you could arge that by the time reviving Optimus is taken onboard as a serious plan most of the guys explicictly present in DA are out of the way, one way or another.
inflatable dalek

Cliffjumper wrote:The one thing that occurs to me is that Dark Awakening and TRoOP were, IIRC, subcontracted to different studios (AKOM and Toei respectively, IIRC). It's possible the episodes were produced more or less at the same time, or at least near enough that neither saw each others' work - Toei could have been working from a rough script of Dark Awakening rather than finished animation, for example.
That makes sense to me. If the script doesn't say either way my money would be on the writers thinking that visually the two would be a match (with Prime's body getting gradually restored to normal as the episode goes along, as finished there's no real visual clue as to the attempts to repair him made by various people).

Mind, they still fudge several things to get the story to work anyway. It's always odd to see the footage of Prime's shuttle crashing into an asteroid reused from Dark Awakening when the dialogue is about a sun going nova...
But then I suppose you could arge that by the time reviving Optimus is taken onboard as a serious plan most of the guys explicictly present in DA are out of the way, one way or another.
That makes a degree of sense. I can also appreciate the desire to play down Prime's previous return so as to make it more of a big "Event" moment (though repeating DA the day before probably wasn't the best idea on that score).

To be honest, considering some of the constraints they were under it's somewhat amazing TROOP is as enjoyably daft as it is.

Oh, and Wheelie being rebuilt into Blaster is brilliant.