[Prime] Episode 6 - Masters & Students

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
wolfbolt86
Protoform

[Prime] Episode 6 - Masters & Students

Post by wolfbolt86 »

Saw it the other day, and think it is pretty good.
SPOILER! (select to read)
This Scream almost killed Megatron if not for Soundwave's drone. Also did not like how Skyquake was handled. The cons have Scream and Soundwave with lots of drones. Skyquake would have help the cons have more character. Also loved how Ratchet became a control freak with the kids projects.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Watched it.

Generally, it was kind of disappointing. The fight scenes were brilliantly handled, of course, but the mature Live-Action movie feel had been diluted somewhat.

Arcee and Bulkhead opting to help the kids do their science projects instead of backing Optimus Prime and Bumblebee is so stupid. Although Ratchet getting himself obsessed with doing the kids' work for them is great. If things keep going to adapt to a school-ish scenario, however...

Starscream, sadly, is badly degressing into his G1 persona, although thankfully not as obvious as the Animated or the G1 character. He undoubtedly understands the importance of morale, something that I don't think have been explored in a Starscream story lately. That doesn't change the fact that he's a total idiot when talking to Skyquake, though, and his constant fetish of asking people to bow down to him...

Megatron's back already? After one episode? And I thought these guys wanted to try something new...

For someone who is mute Soundwave does a great job of ensuring Starscream remains loyal to the Decepticon cause.

Skyquake is basically Lugnut with a face, placed in the role of the ROTF Seekers and even less brains. Great action scene, though... I love his weapon. Pity he died so quickly, he would've added more threat to the Decepticon forces.

Give it a 6.5/10.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Liked it - not as good as the mini, but still better than most TF episodes have been for far too long. Science project stuff could have been worse (Ratchet's awesome, and it kept the kids out of the way of the serious business), Skyquake wasn't bad, Starscream's a great coward, Miko isn't quite as punchable as expected.

My only real problem is Prime's mouth at the moment. Not that he has one or anything, more that the one he's got looks like it was drawn on with felt tip afterwards.
Thunderwave
Protoform

Post by Thunderwave »

Cliffjumper wrote: My only real problem is Prime's mouth at the moment. Not that he has one or anything, more that the one he's got looks like it was drawn on with felt tip afterwards.
His lack of a nose equivalent is what's driving me crazy. Just about everyone else with a pair of lips either looks alien (Starscream) or has something that visually can pass for a nose (like Ratchet). Prime kinda has one, if your nose is perched up around your eyebrows. When his mask is on it's fine, but without it's kinda visually disturbing.
optihut
Protoform

Post by optihut »

Generally I don't like it when episodes return to the status quo at the end - that Skyquake character should have stuck around for a few episodes, before removing him from the show.
Also, even though everyone loves fight scenes, I actually hoped that for once Optimus Prime's speeches would work and they'd have a long debate, instead of just beating each other up :lol:
"Negativity creates nothing!" The Colonel, Orguss 02