Hatchlings

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Vin Ghostal

Hatchlings

Post by Vin Ghostal »

Simple questions: where do they come from? How are they created? Why are only the Decepticons bothering to "grow" them? What does the fiction outside the movie (comics, novels, etc.) have to say about this?

And please spare me of the "when two robots love each other very much" crap. I get enough of that would-be humor at the Wiki.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

No idea for spin-offs - I'd speculate, though, that the process might be the reason why most of the Decepticons are snarling morons.
Summerhayes

Post by Summerhayes »

I'd figure, from the way they were all on the Nemesis in ROTF, that they had a certain supply of eggs from Cybertron that were made with the All-Spark and they just "activated" them later.
I like bears.
Auntie Slag
Custom Title: Satisfaction guaranteed!

Post by Auntie Slag »

I'm guessing they're not naturally 'matrixed', or created by the allspark or whatever. That they're some sort of Decepticon abomination that creates a rather simple minded but destructive robot that can follow orders to whatever extent.

Although that's debunked by the little Nokia robot in the first film, with Allspark energy it begins life as an ultra aggressive little thing.

Perhaps naturally sparked robots have the capacity to evolve a bit more, into thinking kind psychopaths like Optimus (and he is nuts in these films), and Bumblebee.

I wonder if there's a link to what Megatron says in the latest issue of the ongoing Transformers comic; the reference to being cold-forged or 'sparked' or whatever it is. A distinction of sorts, whether it ultimately has any valid distinction or not in the long run.

"It's not until you're an adult you appreciate how awesome a dog is. Your dreams start dying, somebody cheats on you, bankers f*** up your pension. Then you come home and that dog's looking at you and he's like, 'Dude, you're awesome!'” - Bill Burr

“I re-invented my image so many times that I'm in denial that I was originally an overweight Korean woman.” - David Bowie
sto_vo_kor_2000
Protoform

Post by sto_vo_kor_2000 »

Today is a good day to die.....but the day is not yet over!
My feedback thread.
http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/showthrea ... ost1758828
Decepticon Spike

Post by Decepticon Spike »

Is it possible that they are artificially created? That maybe the Decepticons found a way to make new TFs, but, without the Allspark, they are nothing more than animals?
Hot Rod Here
Protoform

Post by Hot Rod Here »

Genetic engineering? Primus/Allspark/VS saw human kids thought they were cute and made robokids? Idk.