LKW
Protoform

Post by LKW »

Very nice.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Just ordered it. Can't wait!!!!!! :D
As a professional tanuki (I'm a Japanese mythological animal, and a good luck charm), I have an alarm clock built into me somewhere. I also look like a stuffed animal. And you thought your life was tough......

3DS Friend Code: 1092-1274-7642
Osku
Protoform

Post by Osku »

Ordered as well. Damn.

Picked also "Chaos Theory" paperback to get a free shipping. Hopefully worth it (already have individual issues from Roberts).
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

**** me, typically Amazon sent my copy out via a delivery service run by complete wankers meaning that over a week and three attepts to get it delivered later it's still in the Yodel depot.

I don't want to slander them by suggesting their claims to have tried to deliver it are lies, but I think their claims they've tried to deliver it are lies. And useless customer service as well. "So, could I just come to the depot and collect it?" "Did the driver leave a card?" "No, there's been no evidence of an attempted delivery at all" "You can't collect anything without the card". So am at the only flat in the country where it's impossible to just walk in the building and leave a card, or is this a really stupid idea? Note that Royal Mail allow you to collect parcels from their depots with just a bank card. And anyone who makes Royal Mail look competent should slit their own wrists. If if this latest attempt to get it to turn up works, a sternly written email to Amazon suggesting they give the tossers a severe kick up the arse if they insist on using them is in order.

What's especially annoying is the local Yodel depot is pretty much right outside my flat.
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

I'd have already written to them, covering all of the points above. Amazon's customer service is one of the few I'd rate and they're in a strong position when it comes to choosing shipping partners.
inflatable dalek

Yeah, the direct contact I've had with Amazon over this has been fine and very helpful, the only reason I'm waiting now is to see if I need to ask them to send out another copy at the same time (with the request it be done by anyone but Yodel. Give it to a man passing in the street or whatever).

Another annoyance is that, as after the best part of a decade of having to make do with an edited pirated version of the third part of the trilogy, the long delayed CD release of Journey Into Space: The World In Peril is in the same package buggering up my annual relisten to the whole series.
Skyquake87
Protoform

Post by Skyquake87 »

Yay Amazon hook up with another team of crappy delivery bods. I had no end of trouble when they were using Home Delivery Network, so can't wait to see how Yodel have improved over their p*ss-poor delivery...

...were Royal Mail really that bad? Perhaps it's a regional thing, but they've always been spot on around here. staff at the depot I frequently visit are helpful and polite, compared to the grunting could care less plebs HDN use (though I am basing that on one actual visit to their depot which is about 15 miles from where I live...which is another story altogether).
inflatable dalek

Royal Mail were at one point returning my Big Finish CD's to the company with a note my address of the time did not exist. They were out to deny my reality.
relak
Protoform

Post by relak »

hi everyone.

My first post.

LOVED Last Stand of the Wreckers and yes i double dipped even though i still have the tpb.

I'm sucker for extras, especially extras on my favorite comic stories.

Altough i was disappointed that they left out the initial story plans.
I heard(from tfwiki) that Roberts and Roche's initial story plan involved the fate of Grimlock, nucleaon and appearances by Scorponok.

It would have been cool to see those discarded drafts among the extras.

But overall, i love the book.
Too bad they didnt have a dust jacket though. That would have made it like one of Marvel or DC's deluxe hardcovers.