IDW solicitations for July

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Grayfox
Protoform

IDW solicitations for July

Post by Grayfox »

Found on IDW board: IDW Publishing Forums :: View topic - IDW solicitations for July

IDW Publishing July 2012 Solicitations

Transformers: Regeneration One #81
Simon Furman (w) • Andrew Wildman & Stephen Baskerville (a) • Wildman, Guido Guidi ©
The TRANSFORMERS comic that began it all—is back. With a vengeance! 21 years have passed since CYBERTRON was restored to its former glory, and finally there is peace. But, after millions of years of bitter civil war, can all ever truly be one? In a conflict this primal, this epic and far-reaching… There are always “Loose Ends”!

Transformers: More Than Meets The Eye Ongoing #7
James Roberts (w) • Alex Milne (a) • Milne, Nick Roche ©
DECEPTICON MONTH! The war’s over — but no-one told the DECEPTICON Justice Division! Meet the five deadliest DECEPTICONS in the galaxy. Their sole purpose: to hunt down and kill anyone who has ever disobeyed MEGATRON. Who’s their next target?

Transformers: Robots in Disguise Ongoing #7
John Barber (w) • Brendan Cahill (a) • Andrew Griffith, Casey Coller ©
DECEPTICON MONTH! Fan-favorite character TURMOIL returns from the dead—but what does he want on CYBERTRON? The AUTOBOTS don’t want another DECEPTICON on their planet and the DECEPTICONS don’t want things to get any worse… but what Wheeljack discovers about the DECEPTICON warlord will change everything!
zigzagger

Post by zigzagger »

Was wondering when the Lost Light was going to happen upon some Decepticons.
Fan-favorite character TURMOIL
Turmoil was a fan-favorite character? Really? That's news to me?
Grayfox
Protoform

Post by Grayfox »

zigzagger wrote:That's news to me?
They also once called McCarthy a fan favorite writer in (if I remember corectly) one of Drift mini solicitations, so yeah...;)
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Oh, that Megatron cover is just appalling.
Skyquake87
Protoform

Post by Skyquake87 »

its not that bad...just not interesting enough to make me want to buy it. "buy this comic kids - it has robots sitting in chairs!"
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

Wait, didn't someone (Terome?) mention recently that the best bit of Alignment was Grimlock declaring he likes to sit in chairs? It's obviously continuing Furman's Chair Agenda and means everything is canon.

I had to think really, really hard as to who Turmoil was, and I've read the Drift mini series recently. Still, if he's somehow survived being in the middle of an exploding ship, that at least nullifies the immense hypocrisy of Drift's "Killing you would be wrong, lets blow you up instead".
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
relak
Protoform

Post by relak »

1) I wonder why the gap of 21 years?? Why not just carry on from where issue 80 left off if you're going to carry on with issue 81.

2) 5 Deadliest decepticons?? Deadlier than Sixshot, Overlord and Thunderwing? I do hope these are not new characters like Drift was

3) I'm still laughing from the "fan favorite" Turmoil. Seriously?? Although i am thinking those are Zombie bots on the cover. Some left over virus from Infestation perhaps?

meh

Im more interested in picking up the "Autocracy" tpb though.
inflatable dalek

I think the general consensus in the thread discussing the preview of 80.5 was the 21 year gap is due to no one involved having a clue.
relak
Protoform

Post by relak »

inflatable dalek wrote:I think the general consensus in the thread discussing the preview of 80.5 was the 21 year gap is due to no one involved having a clue.
seriously??
Cos i did have high hopes for this.

I mean IDW let Larry Hama come back and continue his G I Joe: Real American Hero story where the Marvel series left off. Its really quite good.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Skyquake87 wrote:its not that bad
Look at the left forearm. It's fatter than the right one, despite the right one being closer to us, either vaguely clenching its' fist or waving camply. It's Liefield-esque.
inflatable dalek

Post Ark-crash damage.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

I wonder if we're going to get some tortured exposition on why he's got a Sunbow/DW grey helmet too?

What am I talking about, of course we are!
inflatable dalek

The 80.5 preview pages used the Marvel colours didn't they? I can at least remember purple Soundwave standing out after IDW had gone to the effort of removing him from the actual Marvel comics.

It's strange isn't it how modern coloured covers just look wrong with old fashioned speech bubbles.
TLB80

Post by TLB80 »

That Megatron cover is.....extraordinarily terrible. And I'm still laughing at "fan-favourite character Turmoil". Either that was during the period in-between 'Revenge of the Decepticons' and the beginning of RID/MTMTE when I wasn't paying the slightest bit of attention to anything IDW did, or they still haven't learned what "fan-favourite" actually means.

Oh, and am I the only one who hopes that the guy on the MTMTE #7 cover isn't Nemesis Prime?
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Speech bubble's a bit small and I'm far too lazy to patch on a bigger one, but it really does look like we've just walked in on Megatron crapping on some debris.
inflatable dalek

Where's the bog roll?
Cliffjumper

Textual and metatextual answers!

Post by Cliffjumper »

A: The thing on his back is a dispenser full of them.
B: That's what the rest of the pages are for.
inflatable dalek

Cliffjumper wrote:A: The thing on his back is a dispenser full of them.
B: That's what the rest of the pages are for.
I set 'em up, you knock 'em down. We're like the TFA Hale and Pace.

I'm Hale.
TLB80 wrote:That Megatron cover is.....extraordinarily terrible. And I'm still laughing at "fan-favourite character Turmoil". Either that was during the period in-between 'Revenge of the Decepticons' and the beginning of RID/MTMTE when I wasn't paying the slightest bit of attention to anything IDW did, or they still haven't learned what "fan-favourite" actually means.
He's the favourite of a fan. Alex Milne.
Red Dave Prime

Post by Red Dave Prime »

Am I the only who likes the idea in More than Meets the Eye?

First off, I really like the cover image (and no, I dont think we have to worry about it being nemesis prime). But the idea that Megatron had a team to deal out military justice is a fun one. Should be interesting to see who ends up in the group.

Re: Fan Favourites - Had the misfortune of checking out the IDW forums and I'm not surprised that any "original" IDW character gets showered with immediate praise over there. I'm an easy enough person to please but the crowd over there only seem able to gush praise onto anything IDW put out.
zigzagger

Post by zigzagger »

Red Dave Prime wrote:Am I the only who likes the idea in More than Meets the Eye?
No, I think it sounds like a fun and interesting idea, it was bound to happen given MTMTE's premise. Though, I am glad Roberts waited a little bit before introducing 'Cons. There's so much other stuff that's happening (or needs to happen) in that book right now.