Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Grayfox
Protoform

IDW August 2012 Solicitations

Post by Grayfox »

Courtesy of Midtown Comics:

MTMTE Issue #8:

"(W) James Roberts (A) Alex Milne (CA) Alex Milne, Nick Roche
DINOBOT MONTH! Three years ago, Grimlock disappeared from his prison cell on Garrus 9. Where did he go? What happened to him? One thing's for certain: the leader of the Dinobots is back-and he's itching to settle some scores!"
RID Issue #8:

"(W) John Barber (A) Andrew Griffith (CA) Casey Coller, Andrew Griffith
DINOBOT MONTH! Guess who's back on Cybertron? SLAG, SLUDGE, SNARL, and SWOOP-and they're as mad as ever! IRONHIDE leads them deep into the Cybertronian wilderness searching for lost AUTOBOTS... but what they find might be the greatest danger of all!"
MTMTE Annual #1

"(W) James Roberts (A) Jimbo Salgado, Guido Guidi (CA) Tim Seeley, Alex Milne
THE ORIGIN OF THE KNIGHTS OF CYBERTRON! Rodimus and the crew of the Lost Light finally reach Crystal City, home to the mysterious Circle of Light. But what they find waiting for them is going to change everything-and not necessarily for the better!"
Regeneration #82

"(W) Simon Furman (A) Andrew Wildman (CA) Andrew Wildman, Guido Guidi
DINOBOT MONTH! And ex-Dinobot commander GRIMLOCK wishes it wasn't! His quest for a means to restore his ability to change modes takes him to Nebulos-a world off-limits to TRANSFORMERS, where a welcome that's more incendiary than warm awaits him. Plus, KUP and THE WRECKERS find themselves stranded, hunted and in a whole world of pain. Quite literally!"
"(W) Michael Higgins, Larry Hama (A) Herb Trimpe & Various (CA) Klaus Scherwinski
The worlds of G.I. JOE and TRANSFORMERS combine in this first volume reprinting the classic crossovers. Contains the 4-issue G.I. JOE and the TRANSFORMERS limited series plus issues #139-142 of A REAL AMERICAN HERO. MEGATRON and COBRA versus the JOEs and the AUTOBOTS, who will come out on top? "
relak
Protoform

Post by relak »

Damn you IDW for brininging GRimlock back.

Hey anyone got any info about that scrapped subplot from LSOTW about Grimlock being driven mad? I hope he gets reduced to his "Me, Grimlock" G1 state thanks to that.

G I Joe/TF crossover eh?
I dunno
Although i am kinda sore that they included the GiJoe/TFG2 crossover in the GiJoe classic reprints but didnt include the other crossover wheren Bumblebee got remade into Goldbug in the TF Classics.
Summerhayes

Post by Summerhayes »

Oh, man, I gotta buy an annual as well? My poor wallet!

I'm hoping this "Dinobot Month" doesn't feel too forced in practice, but . . . its going to, isn't it?
I like bears.
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

I like that ReGeneration One cover more than the Megatron having a poo one from the previous month, not Earth shattering but just tickles me more from some reason.

EDIT: Are those the two monoformers on the MTMTE cover? Bloody hell, I wasn't expecting them to be around that long.
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

KUP and THE WRECKERS paired up in Regeneration 1? Wonder where they got that idea from?
inflatable dalek

Cliffjumper wrote:KUP and THE WRECKERS paired up in Regeneration 1? Wonder where they got that idea from?
I recall some mention on the Underbase podcast of some new Wreckers being present. I will be both amazed and pleasantly surprised if they avoid the obvious. Though considering the Free issue even went as far as nicking the joke about Furmanisms from Bullets...
Cyberstrike nTo
Protoform

Post by Cyberstrike nTo »

Summerhayes wrote:Oh, man, I gotta buy an annual as well? My poor wallet!
Yeah $8 for a 48 page book. When every other publisher releases the same page count annual for $5.

The fools at the IDW message boards make every excuse from paper stock, to it being a "high quality" product. The truth is much simple: it's a damn rip off.
Please visit Outlaw Colony my new message board it's a fun site for fun people.
relak
Protoform

Post by relak »

Hasnt that been what IDW's been doing all this time?

3.99 while other publishers are going for 2.99
Cyberstrike nTo
Protoform

relak wrote:Hasnt that been what IDW's been doing all this time?

3.99 while other publishers are going for 2.99
That's true for some of Marvel and DC books. While most other major publishers like Image, Dynanite, Boom, and Valiant most standard issues go for $3.99, and some of Dark Horse titles go for $3.50.

Annuals it seems is where IDW is ripping fans off.
relak
Protoform

Post by relak »

Arent Annuals supposed to include other stuff than just a story?
Skyquake87
Protoform

Post by Skyquake87 »

Only in the UK, where hardback annuals with text stories, puzzles and strips have been published since...forever.

US annuals have one, maybe two stories and are just an oversized 48 page comic (sometimes not even that, judging by some of Marvel's feeble efforts of late).
Cyberstrike nTo
Protoform

Skyquake87 wrote:Only in the UK, where hardback annuals with text stories, puzzles and strips have been published since...forever.

US annuals have one, maybe two stories and are just an oversized 48 page comic (sometimes not even that, judging by some of Marvel's feeble efforts of late).
Back in the 60s the Marvel annuals were anywhere from 64-80 pages over the years annuals went down to as much as 32 pages. Then in the late 80-to mid-90s annuals went back up to 64 pages.

DC is just as bad.
relak
Protoform

Post by relak »

oh well. i guess ill just be getting the tpb then.
I mean, is this the best IDW can do for a "Dinobot month"???

No re-release of a Maximum Dinobots deluxe hardcover (similar to LAst stand of the wReckers)?
Skyquake87
Protoform

Post by Skyquake87 »

why would anyone need that? Max Dinos is terrible and underserving of a hardback. Or being reprinted in any form whatsoever ever again. it is poo.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Yeh, you can say "similar to Last Stand of the Wreckers" but the truth is people liked that one. I think even hardcore Furmanites found Maximum Dinobots to be at best disappointing.

TBH, it looks more like "Dinobot Month" is a 'Hey, both these comics have Dinobots in, why the Hell not?' thing. It's not like ReGeNeRaTiOn 1 was ever going to not have Grimlock in each issue and someone twisted The Furminator's arm to include him or anything. Reminds me of Dreamwave's "Megatron Month" which highlighted a bunch of titles that tended to have Megatron in them anyway.
inflatable dalek

I can see the logic in Dinobot Month, heavily promoting the return of some of the most recognisable/popular characters after an absence of years. I think Decepticon Month is pushing it more, even with one of the books not technically having any in most issues (even if IDW tend to forget their version of Cyclonus isn't one) I can't see many floating buyers going "Wow, the main villains are in Transformers this month, that's what I was waiting for before picking up an issue".
relak
Protoform

Post by relak »

Cliffjumper wrote:Yeh, you can say "similar to Last Stand of the Wreckers" but the truth is people liked that one. I think even hardcore Furmanites found Maximum Dinobots to be at best disappointing.

TBH, it looks more like "Dinobot Month" is a 'Hey, both these comics have Dinobots in, why the Hell not?' thing. It's not like ReGeNeRaTiOn 1 was ever going to not have Grimlock in each issue and someone twisted The Furminator's arm to include him or anything. Reminds me of Dreamwave's "Megatron Month" which highlighted a bunch of titles that tended to have Megatron in them anyway.
It was just a suggestion.
I mean why bother calling ti "Dinobot month" if there aint a big push in titles featuring the dinobots???

(on a continuing note, i wouldnt mind a deluxe Hardcover collecting IDW's dinobot saga. aka Spotlight Shockwave, Escalation 5, Devastation 5, Spotlight Grimlock, Maximum Dinobots. Kinda as a lead in to the return of Grimlock)

Now that you mention Megatron Month, i wonder why IDW is trying to follow Dreamwave. Wont be the first time they have copied stuff.
Dreadwing
Protoform

Post by Dreadwing »

Isnt August also when Fall of Cybertron comes out? Grimlock and the Dinos are a big selling point of that game. IDW is just trying to catch some attention from the "OH! hey that guys in the new game" buyers.
relak
Protoform

Post by relak »

Dreadwing wrote:Isnt August also when Fall of Cybertron comes out? Grimlock and the Dinos are a big selling point of that game. IDW is just trying to catch some attention from the "OH! hey that guys in the new game" buyers.
I think it was a "Across the board" decision by Hasbro.