Transformers 4 News and Rumours

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

numbat wrote:I think his vehicle mode remains largely the same in all three, but so does Ironhide's if I recall.
Good call, ditto on 'screamer. But I do think it's an odd choice to meddle with the mode at this stage and consider it might be shenanigans.

I do think Op and 'bee will be seriously hogging most of the Bot time to help with the lead transition (because how well Shia is replaced is going to be THE big test of TF4 from a normal person perspective);
SPOILER! (select to read)
Hound could just be the name slapped on the guy who turns into a military vehicle
who ends up doing less than Jolt.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Again from the mouth of theBay:
Michaelbaydotcom wrote:The adventure continues to transform with a very different offering from Daimler Trucks North America . . . the imposing 2014 Argosy cab-over truck by Freightliner.
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

So yeah, Motormaster then (they wouldn't do Nemesis Prime right after Sentinel as the baddy would they? Though I suppose it could be Scourge. Or Huffer for all I know).

In terms of returning cast, I'm going to guess Morshower is a cert (the army are going to be involved somewhere and they'll need someone to shout orders whilst looking at screens, why create what would basically be the same character? Plus Bay seems to like him to the point his character's death didn't stop him coming back in the last two) and that there might be a surprise passing the torch cameo from Shia.
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

This dude kind of showed up, which surprised me.

Guess some of the DOTM Autobots are returning after all.
Kungfu Dinobot

Post by Kungfu Dinobot »

Knightdramon wrote:Starscream got CGI tribal tattoos all over the place in both vehicle and robot mode, as well as being more refined in bot mode than he was in movie 1.

I just love how people speculate and build upon theories, and in the end we'll probably be mind f*cked by a totally mindless plot and possibly most of these vehicles will serve as background items and whatnot. :lol:
Not surprised. Fanboy had been speculating the bejeezus out of Star Wars before it went "deep".

Besides, most of the speculation is "How will Bay rape our childhoods" anyways.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

New pics of Bumblebee as a 2014 Camaro. Definitely something crazy going on with those duplicate cars, surely? Could it be that Bay's finally going to be the guy to say "hang on, why don't they just change alt modes whenever they fancy it?". Probably not.
Kungfu Dinobot

Post by Kungfu Dinobot »

Cliffjumper wrote:New pics of Bumblebee as a 2014 Camaro. Definitely something crazy going on with those duplicate cars, surely? Could it be that Bay's finally going to be the guy to say "hang on, why don't they just change alt modes whenever they fancy it?". Probably not.

Maybe the Movies are aping AHM or something. I mean, they've got Drift right?

Hell, Maybe Drift's epic redemption story would even be in the Movie! ( instead of "supplementary materials") I would certainly call that an improvement over an already winning formula
Summerhayes

Post by Summerhayes »

I think its time for me to stop coming on this thread. Optimus' death, Sentinel's turn, the Optimus-flies-in-and-kills-everyone-in-slo-mo money shot... Way too much gets spoilered. I don't think I'll even watch the trailers this time around.
Blackjack wrote:This dude kind of showed up, which surprised me.

Guess some of the DOTM Autobots are returning after all.
Well, Roberts' comics have been doing moderately well, haven't they? If not in sales, at least in nerd good will. It would definitely make sense to keep the Wreckers name in there somewhere.
I like bears.
Lord Zarak

Post by Lord Zarak »

inflatable dalek wrote: and that there might be a surprise passing the torch cameo from Shia.
Are you dropping a hint about your own involvement here? ;)
Summerhayes

Post by Summerhayes »

Yep. I am excited.
Anyway, starting now I'm avoiding spoilers. I swear!

Extinction? If that doesn't imply dinosaurs, I don't know how to infer things.
I like bears.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

It's been confirmed by Lorenzo or some dude or other, IIRC.

Have been avoiding spoilers myself, but I'm kinda excited.
Summerhayes

Post by Summerhayes »

Blackjack wrote:It's been confirmed by Lorenzo or some dude or other, IIRC.
http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=38611

Yeah, seems legit.

Okay, NOW I'm avoiding spoilers, I swear to god.
I like bears.
Clay

Post by Clay »

Attachments
4.jpg
Prowl1984

Post by Prowl1984 »

A robot warrior riding a Robot dinosaur in to battle against other robots. Michael Bay just out-Michael Bay'd himself.

"No point in long goodbyes, here's the door."

"Life's a trip, and then you die" -
Hunter S.Thompson
1937-2005 :smokin:
Unicron

Post by Unicron »

Prowl1984 wrote:A robot warrior riding a Robot dinosaur in to battle against other robots. Michael Bay just out-Michael Bay'd himself.
Almost but it's not quite there. Nothing is exploding.
numbat

Post by numbat »

Empire has a nice Age of Extinction cover with the new Optimus Prime. It also has a feature article with 'all you need to know' about the film. The article pretty much has no info to do with the film itself though other than
SPOILER! (select to read)
the Autobots vanished after DOTM and have not been seen for years but return after a new threat presents itself and Mark Wahlberg's inventor character finds a buried Transformer and reactivates it
. That may already be widely known, but was new to me.

Anyhoo - cover is at: http://www.empireonline.com/magazine/

New sale thread added with a range of Transformers including Masterpiece, Botcon, CHUG, RID, Movies etc.

Looking for MP-11T Thundercracker and MP-9 Rodimus v2 (Takara version with as few QC issues as possible).

Check out my new sale thread now!

Also items on eBay.
Knightdramon
Protoform

Post by Knightdramon »

New pictures show legends or powerdashers versions of Hound, Bumblebee and Swoop.

Too chubby and kiddified to make much of their designs, but Swoop is definitely a dinosaur.
Few stuff in the UK to trade/sell. Measly sales thread.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

numbat wrote:That may already be widely known, but was new to me.
Good foundation if you ask me - skips a lot of silly questions, nice 'soft' reboot idea. It's easily the best thing for the franchise long term that Shia, Duhamel, Turturro etc. have moved on as it was getting difficult to come up with non-contrived ways to get them all together.

The missus has an Empire subscription. Article is very, very human focused and very cookie-cutter PR (the sort of simpering shit Empire do for stuff then give it one star a year later), so probably not worth springing for - but at the same time very spoiler free.
Red Dave Prime

Post by Red Dave Prime »

If we can get something closer to the style of the first one and some of the third, I'll be pretty happy. A lot of my dislike on the trilogy is to do with the main human family (and Shia as well). A new cast could solve a lot of those problems.

The setting for the reboot also makes a lot of sense.

Now if only they could get Joss to direct (kidding CJ!!)
Slayer-Fan123

Post by Slayer-Fan123 »

Red Dave Prime wrote:If we can get something closer to the style of the first one and some of the third, I'll be pretty happy. A lot of my dislike on the trilogy is to do with the main human family (and Shia as well). A new cast could solve a lot of those problems.

The setting for the reboot also makes a lot of sense.

Now if only they could get Joss to direct (kidding CJ!!)
Less focus overall on humans would be good overall. I didn't have any problem with the original human cast except that they showed up too often.

Also Shia killing Megatron in the first one, but that's not Shia's fault.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]