Transformers 4 News and Rumours

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Kungfu Dinobot

Post by Kungfu Dinobot »

The PS3 KILLeR wrote:Most of the comments I've seen around the web are "No plot again just spolsions and running!" or "UGH! Still has humans!!!" I don't get it... it's a teaser that's 30 seconds from a 2 hour movie the plot nor anything but signature shots will be in it, and only the ones that are rendered enough for public view. Some people need to chill and just wait to see how it turns out.

If there's one thing Armchair "Decepticons" like to remind us, it is how "sophisticated" and "anti-racist" they are. That why they frown upon anything "pro-western" and hate human perspectives(because to be "anti-racist" means hating your own species).

Plus Bay gave us THIS!

I'm happy! :D

I wonder if there's anyone wanking about Mechagodzilla from FOC before are now complaining that this Grimlock is "unrealistic":lol:
The PS3 KILLeR

Post by The PS3 KILLeR »

Kungfu Dinobot wrote:If there's one thing Armchair "Decepticons" like to remind us, it is how "sophisticated" and "anti-racist" they are. That why they frown upon anything "pro-western" and hate human perspectives(because to be "anti-racist" means hating your own species).

I wonder if there's anyone wanking about Mechagodzilla from FOC before are now complaining that this Grimlock is "unrealistic":lol:
I don't care what he looks like we got Grimlock as a T-rex, and that's something Bay said he'd NEVER do... I claim it as a victory and welcome it with open arms! :D
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkft38 ... qQ19nnewxw check us out!!!
XBOX LIVE gamertag: DaBeardedXeno
PSN ID: tweco99
numbat

Post by numbat »

Grimlock must be f*$%^£g massive!

New sale thread added with a range of Transformers including Masterpiece, Botcon, CHUG, RID, Movies etc.

Looking for MP-11T Thundercracker and MP-9 Rodimus v2 (Takara version with as few QC issues as possible).

Check out my new sale thread now!

Also items on eBay.
The PS3 KILLeR

Post by The PS3 KILLeR »

numbat wrote:Grimlock must be f*$%^£g massive!
Well Optimus is 28 feet tall, so Grimlock must be at least 60FT! Most likely bigger since he seems to be hunched over a bit... DAMN! That's that's just huge!!! :eek:

If he doesn't destroy half of Hong Kong I'll be surprised and highly disappointed.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkft38 ... qQ19nnewxw check us out!!!
XBOX LIVE gamertag: DaBeardedXeno
PSN ID: tweco99
Summerhayes

Post by Summerhayes »

I promised myself I wouldn't watch any trailers, but... damn. I'm psyched.
I like bears.
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

Blackjack wrote:Yeah it's got London exploding and all but can Jack Bauer's face turn into a gun?
He once killed a man with his teeth, face guns are for weaklings.

24 is probably the only show in history where the lead riding a trex into battle would be slightly less ludicrous than the usual sort of stuff that goes on in it.

On topic-ish... I've always had Kieffer Sutherland down as my personal choice for Grimlock, assuming of course the unlikely event of them not going for the dumb as buggery cartoon portrayal of the Dinobot leader.
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Kungfu Dinobot

Post by Kungfu Dinobot »

The PS3 KILLeR wrote:I don't care what he looks like we got Grimlock as a T-rex, and that's something Bay said he'd NEVER do... I claim it as a victory and welcome it with open arms! :D

Meh, Chris Ryall gave us two reboots in exactly one year, so who cares if Bay changes his mind? I was expecting Dinobots with Vehicle altmodes and beast/lizardmen robot modes (like Scorponok/Scalpel/that unused Steeljaw concept), but this works too.

P.S. checked around for trailer responses. Boy, am I right or am I right? Apparently, making a pterosaur a flying brick with rocket engines is more "realistic" than giving one two heads (despite the fact that tetrapods had been known to develop "Janus Syndrome" or whatevs it is called)
DinoBoss
Protoform

Post by DinoBoss »

So the full trailer is up. I like how optimus is hiding in his g1 vehicle mode. And yes i did call it i was right, that is Galvatron. I hope he has a boss cannon alt mode.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

FULL TRAILER

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Ahem.

Generally, the movie seems to be fairly more mature and is far less ROTF/DOTM 'big international robot conspiracy superhero movie with wacky hijinks' and more TFTM's 'a small group of robots and human friends against the government and a massive Decepticon army'. Scaled up like DOTM. Generally great stuff, actually happy to see a lot of the bad comedy be pruned away... from the four minutes or so that we can see, anyway.
Kungfu Dinobot

Post by Kungfu Dinobot »

Blackjack wrote:AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

FULL TRAILER

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Ahem.

Generally, the movie seems to be fairly more mature and is far less ROTF/DOTM 'big international robot conspiracy superhero movie with wacky hijinks' and more TFTM's 'a small group of robots and human friends against the government and a massive Decepticon army'. Scaled up like DOTM. Generally great stuff, actually happy to see a lot of the bad comedy be pruned away... from the four minutes or so that we can see, anyway.
Dang, this is SWAG

I'd love to see IDW or High Moon come up with something like that:p
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Rewatching it, other than the new robots we've seen in the Superbowl trailer, I can recognize a new Autobot and a returning one from the original trilogy. :)

So excite, mostly because this isn't a promise of 'more of the same' but an actual soft reboot, tone-wise.
Kungfu Dinobot

Post by Kungfu Dinobot »

Blackjack wrote:So excite, mostly because this isn't a promise of 'more of the same' but an actual soft reboot, tone-wise.

I dunno, considering the weird shit Mark Wahlberg's holding I expect fanboys will be wailing about humans being too useful again:lol:
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Fanboys can whine, the public can whine, so long as we get more 2007 and less ROTF I don't mind. I mean, I like ROTF, messy disjointed mess that it was, but even then I'd prefer a real good movie.
Kungfu Dinobot

Post by Kungfu Dinobot »

Your'e such a bro, Blackjack. Can I have a brohug?:angel:
Skyquake87
Protoform

Post by Skyquake87 »

Trailer looks good! Mind you, I've been to see the last three so there's no way I wont be going to see this one. Whatever else I think about the films, it is preposterously cool to see Transformers up on the big screen. Plot for this one looks interesting. Liked the 'Remember Chicago' sign up there.
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

Could go either way for me, all the city destruction stuff feels a bit old hat, but it is nice to see a return to the "One bloke and his car" idea from the first one, and Grimlock getting punched was just awesome sauce.
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Brimstone
Protoform

Post by Brimstone »

Was that Ratchet in there? It's too fast, I can't tell. But I think it is.

And Dino/Mirage, too? Or is that just another red dude? (again, too fast, can't tell)

Don't mess with Texas! LOL!
-Tobin Melroy
aka Arek Brimstone

"Can't wait for election day,
Wouldn't miss the occupation corporations rule the day." - Pearl Jam, "Undone"
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Brimstone wrote:Was that Ratchet in there? It's too fast, I can't tell. But I think it is.

And Dino/Mirage, too? Or is that just another red dude? (again, too fast, can't tell)
The scenes with Ratchet were really blurry and there were explosions and blinky effects so I can't be 100% sure, but the shoulders and hands and general shape do look like him.

Red dude stood still so I could get a look at him, definitely not Dino. I think he's the Pagani Huagrya (or however you spell it) that Michael Bay showed off some time ago.
Red Dave Prime

Post by Red Dave Prime »

I consider myself a sceptic on how it all hangs together but some of the trailer looks more than decent. It possibly could thread a too familiar path to DOTM but if we are losing the stupid attempts at humour I would be very happy with that. A return to the vibe of the first movie with the scale of the third and none of the humour of the second is a workable formula.

For the record I am firmly in the "transformers needs human characters" camp, at least with the movies. The comics can go either way because it costs nothing extra to show scenes of robots building character, obviously this is more costly and difficult in a two hour movie.

Also - I am not that impressed with Grimlock. Very "meh" design for me. With or without Optimus on top.
Clay

Post by Clay »

I'll admit, I laughed when Optimus punched Grimlock. Reminded me of the bit from Blazing Saddles where the guy punches the horse.