[Prime] SE03EP09 Evolution

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Skyquake87
Protoform

[Prime] SE03EP09 Evolution

Post by Skyquake87 »

In which Predaking reveals he is a real boy whom can think and feel. The Decepticons get a bit anxious about the thought of independent powerful beasties they'd struggle to control and pull the plug on Project : Predacon, neatly framing the Autobots for the deed. This is one of the smartest things I've seen the Decepticons do, although Shockwave taking this in his stride seems a bit odd. He might be cold and logical, but he's just been turned into a boring yes man. Boo to that. Most of the episode is taken up with a very impressive ruck between Ultra Magnus, Wheeljack and Predaking. And at the end, Magnus looses his fingers and ruminates on why he has failed to gel with the Earth-bound Autobots, something Optimus picks up on straight away on his return to base. All in all, possibly the best episode of the Season so far.
Kungfu Dinobot

Post by Kungfu Dinobot »

Skyquake87 wrote:In which Predaking reveals he is a real boy whom can think and feel. The Decepticons get a bit anxious about the thought of independent powerful beasties they'd struggle to control and pull the plug on Project : Predacon, neatly framing the Autobots for the deed. This is one of the smartest things I've seen the Decepticons do, although Shockwave taking this in his stride seems a bit odd. He might be cold and logical, but he's just been turned into a boring yes man. Boo to that. Most of the episode is taken up with a very impressive ruck between Ultra Magnus, Wheeljack and Predaking. And at the end, Magnus looses his fingers and ruminates on why he has failed to gel with the Earth-bound Autobots, something Optimus picks up on straight away on his return to base. All in all, possibly the best episode of the Season so far.

After the DOTM disappointment(yes, I know, red herring), I was hoping this Shockwave would be the Dilbert to Megatron's PHB.
Knightdramon
Protoform

Post by Knightdramon »

To be fair, in all cartoon media, Shockwave has been portrayed as a yes man to Megatron.

He wasn't like that in the marvel comics, he's not like that in the IDW comics, and he wasn't so in Energon, but anywhere else he's appeared, he's really loyal.
Few stuff in the UK to trade/sell. Measly sales thread.
Skyquake87
Protoform

Post by Skyquake87 »

Its still boring.
Inaction Master

Post by Inaction Master »

It is a bit of a letdown - I was hoping for more than just one "beast" in Beast Hunters.