inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

Well, now you've ruined the winner.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

SHUSH DALEK GOD DAMN IT WE'RE SUPPOSED TO LEAVE IT A SURPRISE
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

The next five characters on the list have been posted!

25: Wheeljack
24: Blackarachnia
23: Blaster
22: Unicron
21: Cyclonus

Okay, you guys surprised me on this one. I didn't see Wheeljack coming at all. :)
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

CYCLONUS BEAT UNICRON

CYCLONUS BEAT UNICRON

WHOOOOOOOOOOO
inflatable dalek

I would like to apologise to followers of The Sphinx for suggesting he's fictional.

[You can tell I've rewatched Someone Likes yoghurt recently as that bit totally riffs on the preamble to the now outdated gag as to the real answer to the riddle of the Sphinx, "What walks on four legs in the morning, two legs in the afternoon and three legs in the evening? Paul McCartney and his wives"]

Wheeljack really is an odd one, presumably he's another like Silverbolt with a large but mostly mute fanbase.

I must say, I was never a huge fan of Harry Mudd's work on Cyclonus, it was always very all over the place to my ears. I mean, he only has two lines in the film (though I never realised this until I listened to the DVD commentary as both times the animators have framed the shot so as to make it look like Scourge is talking) and he sounds completely different both times.

And only the second "The Autobots have been terminated" one comes close to sounding how he did most of the time in the show (and as they started recording on season 3 before doing so for the film it's not as even if he had inexperience with the character to call on). The "You want me to gut Ultra Magnus?" delivery sounds a lot more guttural.
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Brendocon 2.0

Post by Brendocon 2.0 »

Unicron is eligible? Does that mean other plot devices like the Magnificence, Vector Sigma and Shia Labeouf were also eligible?

Is it too late for me to recast my votes?
another tf fan

Post by another tf fan »

...Hey... I got a mention in #29 Movie Bumblebee. Alright!
Come on and wind me up.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

inflatable dalek wrote:I would like to apologise to followers of The Sphinx for suggesting he's fictional.
You'd better. The Sphinx is merciless!
inflatable dalek wrote:I must say, I was never a huge fan of Harry Mudd's work on Cyclonus, it was always very all over the place to my ears. I mean, he only has two lines in the film (though I never realised this until I listened to the DVD commentary as both times the animators have framed the shot so as to make it look like Scourge is talking) and he sounds completely different both times.

And only the second "The Autobots have been terminated" one comes close to sounding how he did most of the time in the show (and as they started recording on season 3 before doing so for the film it's not as even if he had inexperience with the character to call on). The "You want me to gut Ultra Magnus?" delivery sounds a lot more guttural.
The what now? That was supposed to be Cyclonus speaking? I'm pretty sure Scourge's lips even move for one of those lines.

My childhood has now been shattered.
Brendocon 2.0 wrote:Unicron is eligible? Does that mean other plot devices like the Magnificence, Vector Sigma and Shia Labeouf were also eligible?
I was pulling for the o-parts personally, but no luck. :(
Brendocon 2.0 wrote:Is it too late for me to recast my votes?
You say that like we wouldn't just get another ballot with 29 Flywheelses on it...
inflatable dalek

Votes for Vector Sigma would probably have just been counted as votes for Primus for the sake of simplicity.
Warcry wrote: The what now? That was supposed to be Cyclonus speaking? I'm pretty sure Scourge's lips even move for one of those lines.

My childhood has now been shattered
This is according to Chris McFeely on the commentary, he's as puzzled by the direction as you and I (I don't think Scourge's lips move either time though). You can sort of tell it's Carmel on the second like, but even then it's not completely Cyclonus-ey. Scourge is actually the one who really gets screwed over, only having one line in the whole film.

Hey, maybe Galvatron was actually riding Armada, that's why the voice doesn't sound like Cyclonus!
Sades

Post by Sades »

the staff are all secretly Unicron worshippers. We have the little helmets and everything.
I never got my helmet... :(

I honestly thought Wheeljack was going to do better. He da bomb. And I am da late 90's.
This is my signature. My wasted space. My little corner. You can't have it. It's mine. I can write whatever I want. And I have!
inflatable dalek

Sades wrote:I never got my helmet... :(
When you selected your free gift from the Mod Membership Form you ticked "Hound" rather than "Hat".
I honestly thought Wheeljack was going to do better. He da bomb. And I am da late 90's.

He's probably been helped by a decent showing recently, but before RID it was probably 25 years since he last did anything memorable, and that was mainly things blowing up in his face.

Still, it's the ears.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

inflatable dalek wrote:When you selected your free gift from the Mod Membership Form you ticked "Hound" rather than "Hat".
I never got the Mod Membership Form!

I want a free gift!
inflatable dalek

Hound has already gone though. The remaining options are the hat and Denyer's brain in a jar.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

The jar will need an internet connection and room to store third-party Dinobots, though. :)
Sades

Post by Sades »

inflatable dalek wrote:When you selected your free gift from the Mod Membership Form you ticked "Hound" rather than "Hat"
He wasn't free! He spent a year here on a visitor's Visa playing Solitaire and watching Dragonball Z while waiting for his permanent residence to go through so he could work. We ate a lot of Mac and Cheese that year.

How many other people voted for Megan Fox's bum?
This is my signature. My wasted space. My little corner. You can't have it. It's mine. I can write whatever I want. And I have!
Rack 'n Ruin

Post by Rack 'n Ruin »

How many people didn't? ;)
Wreck and Rule!
Sades

Post by Sades »

It hasn't shown up yet, that's got to be a good sign, right?

*crosses fingers, toes and eyes*

C'mon, Megan Fox's bum...!
LKW
Protoform

Post by LKW »

It's been a great read so far - everybody is giving great respect and insight into the characters, while still having fun (and the occasional blasphemy...;)) While I've seen the majority of Beast Wars, I'm learning new things about those guys, as well.

I also learned that, while working into the overnight hours finishing my entry, I forgot to put my name on the thing :o...

But, it was a very nice way to find out, seeing that something I wrote was selected for one or two of these articles, so :) And it's been just as enjoyable reading the insightful and/or funny quotes from the other entrants, and reading entries that give me, for instance, new appreciation for all facets of Cyclonus, make me think that I should've voted for Impactor, or made me relaize that Movie Bumblebee might just be Pikachu.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Sades wrote:C'mon, Megan Fox's bum...!
I hate to break it to you, but Megan Fox and her various body parts aren't characters. They're cast. Now if you'd voted for Michaela's bum... :glance:
LKW wrote:But, it was a very nice way to find out, seeing that something I wrote was selected for one or two of these articles, so :) And it's been just as enjoyable reading the insightful and/or funny quotes from the other entrants, and reading entries that give me, for instance, new appreciation for all facets of Cyclonus, make me think that I should've voted for Impactor, or made me relaize that Movie Bumblebee might just be Pikachu.
Glad to hear it! That's what we were hoping these articles would do, in the end: remind all of us just why some of these characters are so popular. It's easy to lose sight of that sometimes, especially since the modern interpretations of these guys are usually what's fresh to mind and sometimes...well, sometimes the modern interpretations aren't very good. :(

That last statement is, sadly, quite applicable to at least a couple characters on this week's list.

20: Scorponok
19: Galvatron
18: Ultra Magnus
17: G1 Bumblebee (suck it, Blackjack :) )
16: Waspinator
another tf fan

Post by another tf fan »

Hey hey hey I got another Pull Quote.
(G1 Bumblebee)
Come on and wind me up.