[UK convention/other meetups]

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Patapsco

Post by Patapsco »

I am having a super duper trolling t-shirt made for TFNation, which if it was held this month rather than in August would probably get me a kicking, or at least shunning from the fandom nerds
"When did you first realize that he uses bad grammar to distract you whenever you raise an objection to something he wants to do?"
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Nothing says cool like being on the internet discussing comics about a children's toyline and planning a real life /b/tard raid.
Patapsco

Post by Patapsco »

Denyer wrote:Nothing says cool like being on the internet
fixed that for you
"When did you first realize that he uses bad grammar to distract you whenever you raise an objection to something he wants to do?"
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

Meant to share this a few weeks ago but completely slipped my mind. A whole load of people (including one S. Denyer) met up in Birmingham at the end of April. Technically for the Comic festival (Staz, Lew Stringer and Mike Collins. Top, top blokes all) but mainly for the drinking of much alcohol in a China town themed Weatherspoon's (like a normal Spoonies but with a vaguely oriental name).

Highlights included: Blueshift from TMUK putting an insane amount of effort into both a Rock Lords themed quiz and its prizes; the furries convention over the road; me getting to wheel out my stock anecdotes for a new audience (I really need some new ones for TFNation, I can't keep dining out on Rusty Lee) and Denyer being slightly worried I'd make it to the train station as he left.

Lots of nice folks, and Many pics.
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

http://us11.campaign-archive2.com/?u=b5 ... 69975a65c2

"TFNation is proud to announce that TFC Toys will be providing their first UK product display at TFNation 2016."
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

https://tfnation.com/2016/

Geoff Senior just confirmed. Shaping up to be a great guest list. Most looking forward to Emiliano, might see if I can get some original (non-TF) art to go with the DVD art book he did a while go.
Flimflammery
Protoform

Post by Flimflammery »

I am thinking about going to TFNation on just the Sunday; trying to decide whether the programme announced is worth it. Sadly (well, not really) I will have gone to Nine Worlds the weekend before this, so I'm not sure I can justify the whole weekend...

Anyway, I know I'm not terribly vocal on this site very often, but it would be nice to meet anyone if they're at the Con!
inflatable dalek

You'll recognise me as I'll be the guy wanking off people for money at the bar.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

In common with a sizeable proportion of people attending, I look like this...

https://mjhibbett.bandcamp.com/track/th ... es-brigade

On the right -- http://i.imgur.com/0CqkZW9.jpg -- and will try to remember to save the bright yellow tee for the Sunday if anyone's joining then. It's got http://imgur.com/a/Usy2d on it.
Knightdramon
Protoform

Post by Knightdramon »

Only thing left for me is to book a train ticket and I'm set. Whole weekend.

No rushing out on Sunday mid day to catch any trains :clap:
Few stuff in the UK to trade/sell. Measly sales thread.
Flimflammery
Protoform

Post by Flimflammery »

I will keep my eyes peeled. Except at the bar, obviously...
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Cool beans on both.
inflatable dalek

And if anyone going doesn't have a copy of Transformation Volume 1 yet and would like a signed one for ten of your Earth pounds I will be bringing some with me, but only as many as people ask for this time (I suspect virtually everyone and their dog, and their dog's dog, who might want one and is going got it last year, but I'm happy to satisfy stragglers). Just let me know here or via twitter and you'll go on The List.
inflatable dalek

And if you're near Birmingham on Friday the 19th but not at TFNation, you can watch Transformers The Movie on the big screen (at almost the same time it's showing at the con!): http://www.theelectric.co.uk/programme.php?film=1531

Apparently it's a coincidence due to their run of 80's films, though I suspect it's at least intentional it's being screened on that night (and most of the other stuff in their cinematic time machine season have been "Proper" classics!), I don't think they quite clicked how much faffing there is to get from the NEC to there, nor that there'd been a screening at the con. Shame as, if it didn't involve a half hour train ride, I'd probably have slipped out for this, I've seen the film at conventions before so seeing it at an actual cinema would have been aces (in terms of further coincidental synergy they've got MTMTE favourite Back to the Future 2 on the last day of the con as well!).
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Sofas have sold out now anyway... and in terms of actual cinemas they're really tiny. Great fun since there's a bar (hell, there's a wine list) and the snacks are proper food, but as a big-screen experience it's not really what the Electric's about.

Never even seen TFTM on a big screen, so that'll be nice if TFN are doing.

Is there anything resembling a schedule yet? Couldn't spot one.
inflatable dalek

https://tfnation.com/2016/blog/News/sto ... 20Schedule

Some nice stuff in there (I'll definitely be doing all the comic and TMUK panels of course), though having done so many cons I think I'll be at the bar a lot because the talking of toot is the main thing for me these days.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Assume the evening but are you showing up for the Gobots / Rock Lords stuff?

I like that stuff (apparently) isn't scheduled in competition with other events...

On the Saturday mainly interested in the 3P panel, Sunday the thing at 10am that I assume should say TMUK rather than TFUK, Emiliano and the LL one.

No particular goals this year. Would be nice if TR wave 2 stuff is around.
inflatable dalek

Well I should be there from around 3 and I can see us trying the quiz (properly this time), everything else depends on how whatever the group that ends up forming decides.
Knightdramon
Protoform

Post by Knightdramon »

Panels not bloody competing with each other is a very, very welcome touch.

Very interested in the 3P panel. Comic panels look great. BW panel on Sunday is ok.

Not much to do on Friday though. I guess that's my cue for drinks.

Anybody doing a list of figures/stuff they can take with to sell/give away? Mine will be pretty light if we do get to it.
Few stuff in the UK to trade/sell. Measly sales thread.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Might have odds and ends but not going to get chance to sort through much. Will be a giveaway/trade sort of thing if I do...