[UK convention/other meetups]

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

The Electric have obviously had a lot of "I'd like to come..." emails as they've now added two extra screenings of the film, one on the Friday morning and one on the Sunday evening. So basically before and after the convention for most people (so if it was a coincidence to start with, it's not now): http://www.theelectric.co.uk/book-tickets.php?film=1531

If there are sofa seats with a reasonable amount of space around them (so I can have my suitcase with me without annoying people) left tomorrow I'll probably book one for the Friday morning and go up to Birmingham early. Then on the evening see the panel, introduction and then head to the bar once the film starts.

TFN are also now doing on the door limited Saturday tickets: https://tfnation.com/2016/blog/News/sto ... ey%20bring

Presumably a bit late for those on here who might have gone for it, but at least it looks as if people who can only go Saturday who bought a weekend ticket will be able to swap.

EDIT: Ah no, you need to book all the seats on each sofa. So it'll probably be at the front then, looks like there's good leg room there...
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Enough for a case anyway. Upstairs the front "sofa" seats come with footrests you can move, assume downstairs are the same.
Flimflammery
Protoform

Post by Flimflammery »

inflatable dalek wrote:And if anyone going doesn't have a copy of Transformation Volume 1 yet and would like a signed one for ten of your Earth pounds I will be bringing some with me, but only as many as people ask for this time (I suspect virtually everyone and their dog, and their dog's dog, who might want one and is going got it last year, but I'm happy to satisfy stragglers). Just let me know here or via twitter and you'll go on The List.
I kind of want to say yes to this. But I haven't a ticket yet, and I'm wondering what my finances are gonna be like at the end of Nine Worlds this weekend! Argh. Must get organised...
Patapsco

Post by Patapsco »

Flimflammery wrote:I kind of want to say yes to this. But I haven't a ticket yet, and I'm wondering what my finances are gonna be like at the end of Nine Worlds this weekend! Argh. Must get organised...
If you want to pretend to be me, you can have mine because at the end of the day, nearly £500 for a long weekend in Brum, and especially out in the arse end of the city, isn't that appealing to me
"When did you first realize that he uses bad grammar to distract you whenever you raise an objection to something he wants to do?"
inflatable dalek

Flimflammery wrote:I kind of want to say yes to this. But I haven't a ticket yet, and I'm wondering what my finances are gonna be like at the end of Nine Worlds this weekend! Argh. Must get organised...
If you make it, one of the people who asked for one now can't come to the convention so I will have one spare book on me. Just let me know by Friday on here if you're in attendance and would like it (after Friday and you can still grab it if it's available but otherwise it'll go to the first person who wants one. Which to be fair isn't going to be a huge number of people considering how hard I shilled it last year).
Flimflammery
Protoform

Post by Flimflammery »

Patapsco wrote:If you want to pretend to be me, you can have mine because at the end of the day, nearly £500 for a long weekend in Brum, and especially out in the arse end of the city, isn't that appealing to me
Wow, that's very kind; but I think I'd feel uncomfortable having to explain to all the people I meet that I'm not actually you! Plus I know I wouldn't be able to make the whole weekend, just from a cost perspective, so the Friday/Saturday portion would be wasted on me. I'm sure there are other fans out there who might feel differently!

inflatable dalek wrote:
Flimflammery wrote: I kind of want to say yes to this. But I haven't a ticket yet, and I'm wondering what my finances are gonna be like at the end of Nine Worlds this weekend! Argh. Must get organised...
If you make it, one of the people who asked for one now can't come to the convention so I will have one spare book on me. Just let me know by Friday on here if you're in attendance and would like it (after Friday and you can still grab it if it's available but otherwise it'll go to the first person who wants one. Which to be fair isn't going to be a huge number of people considering how hard I shilled it last year).
Thanks! I will let you know certainly before Friday. I suspect I'm going to pay for my ticket this evening, so I'll be sure by then.
Patapsco

Post by Patapsco »

Flimflammery wrote:Wow, that's very kind; but I think I'd feel uncomfortable having to explain to all the people I meet that I'm not actually you! Plus I know I wouldn't be able to make the whole weekend, just from a cost perspective, so the Friday/Saturday portion would be wasted on me. I'm sure there are other fans out there who might feel differently!
you could quite literally have it, and the two dozen or so MTMTE nerds on twitter who've blocked me because I dared say that James Roberts isn't the greatest writer in the history of forever don't know my real name
"When did you first realize that he uses bad grammar to distract you whenever you raise an objection to something he wants to do?"
Flimflammery
Protoform

Post by Flimflammery »

Patapsco wrote:you could quite literally have it, and the two dozen or so MTMTE nerds on twitter who've blocked me because I dared say that James Roberts isn't the greatest writer in the history of forever don't know my real name
It's not so much worry that I'd have to pretend to be you specifically that makes me uncomfortable, just the idea of giving a name other than my own in order to pick up my badge, etc. (The pain of non-transferable tickets, I suppose, but I'm not surprised they're strict on this for their first con.)

A very English fear of being caught transgressing on my part, I know; but thanks again for the offer. I'm sure there might be others around who would be less bothered by the idea.
Sades

Post by Sades »

I'll take it. I could totally be you.
This is my signature. My wasted space. My little corner. You can't have it. It's mine. I can write whatever I want. And I have!
Brendocon 2.0

Post by Brendocon 2.0 »

I left a lot of unattended alt IDs lying around back in the day, so there's a very strong possibility that I actually am you.

Still not going, though.
inflatable dalek

I'm always surprised when I meet someone from here in real life and they're not just Brend in a variety of different hats.
Brendocon 2.0

Post by Brendocon 2.0 »

To be fair you don't know that they're not all me and that my entire life isn't just some really elaborate multiple-Doctor style event...
Patapsco

Post by Patapsco »

Sades wrote:I'll take it. I could totally be you.
anyone could be me. If you looked up nondescript in the dictionary it would be a picture of me (wearing a t-shirt with Getaway mocked up on a crucifix)
Flimflammery
Protoform

Post by Flimflammery »

Got my Sunday ticket finally, then. Hopefully see some of you there!
inflatable dalek

Brendocon 2.0 wrote:To be fair you don't know that they're not all me and that my entire life isn't just some really elaborate multiple-Doctor style event...
That many bald bearded men shows a paucity of imagination when it comes to your regenerations!

Flim, just message me on here (or tweet if you're a cool kid) on the Sunday and I'll come find you to take your money introduce you to the other Archivers. You can see Denyer in real life!
Brendocon 2.0

Post by Brendocon 2.0 »

inflatable dalek wrote:That many bald bearded men shows a paucity of imagination when it comes to your regenerations!
It's all due to a temporal chromosonal synchronicity disruption caused by multiplicity of converging technobabble. It's really quite straightforward.

So is the convention this coming weekend then? Why did I think it was bank holiday weekend?

Somebody grab me a Fansproject (Six)Knight if you see one for under £80 please.
Flimflammery
Protoform

Post by Flimflammery »

inflatable dalek wrote:That many bald bearded men shows a paucity of imagination when it comes to your regenerations!

Flim, just message me on here (or tweet if you're a cool kid) on the Sunday and I'll come find you to take your money introduce you to the other Archivers. You can see Denyer in real life!
Will tweet at you now so you know what I look like (though I don't usually wear the make-up in my profile pic).
numbat

Post by numbat »

Would anyone going to TFNation be able / willing to pick me up a Nick Roche print or two? Can provide money via PayPal in advance...

New sale thread added with a range of Transformers including Masterpiece, Botcon, CHUG, RID, Movies etc.

Looking for MP-11T Thundercracker and MP-9 Rodimus v2 (Takara version with as few QC issues as possible).

Check out my new sale thread now!

Also items on eBay.
Knightdramon
Protoform

Post by Knightdramon »

Depends on availability numbat...which ones are you looking for?
Few stuff in the UK to trade/sell. Measly sales thread.
inflatable dalek

Flimflammery! We've spoken on twitter before! I didn't realise it was you because you use the handle Flimflammery.

Numbat, I will try if it helps but I suspect my big hard envelope for these things will be quite overflowing by the end...