Winter London Film & Comic Con's Transformers Coverage

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

Though as he never made the list of announced guests they haven't added James to the cancelled guests sections, which means people who found out he was coming from other sources but missed the pulling out tweet will likely be very disappointed.

Primenova at TransmastersUK has done what the official site seems unable to manage, and found out the times the Transformers people are giving their talks on both days (subject to change no doubt), all on stage 3.

I'll definately be doing both the Saturday ones, but will assume the Sunday ones will see Jose and Bob basically cover the same ground for those who can't do both days, though with Furman such a fixture at these things the Sunday might be better for those who want to hear Bob get the whole limelight.

Sat -

1500 - 1600 Jose & Andrew on art
1630-1730 Bob & Simon on stories

Sun -
1140-1240 Jose
1600-1700 Bob

Put some stuff together to get signed:

https://twitter.com/InflatableDalek/sta ... 1166860288

The Vault is obviously my main Transformers signiture depository, Dark Star became my choice for a Bob scribble as Jose can sign it as well and- despite having a silly amount of stuff signed by Furman/Wildman/Senior already I thought it'd be nice to get End of the Road done as a counterpart to Dark Star. Plus, I've not really spoken to any of those fine people at the last few AA's so this gives me an excuse to go say "Hi".

City of Death is for Lalla Ward to sign, hopefully she'll be selling her new charity book of lots of glossy Romana photos as well (with a wipe clean cover. In case you spill tea on it).

Shame the Bond 50 blu ray set is too cumbersome to bring as well as I'd love to get Colin Salmon to sign it, but I may throw in 24: Live Another Day for him.
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Ordered the Lalla book, but yeah it'd be nifty to see if people have other stuff. As there's stuff on in the afternoon, will probably / would suggest getting comics autograph stuff out of the way first thing.

Actually... if I can find it, might take the Shada audio.

Any previous experience of this thing -- i.e. is the routine generally to buy autograph tickets and redeem them?

edit: Probably not according to this... http://www.londonfilmandcomiccon.com/faq ...so, they have helpers to do the money stuff?
inflatable dalek

I've not been to something organised by these people before so it may be different, but at previous things I've been to the form with the virtual ticket system (which they're only likely to use with really busy guests I suspect) is you don't actually pay until you're number is called and you go up to the table. Meaning if you get a ticket for someone and then can't go when the time comes (if, for example, it takes so long for them to get through their commitments you have to leave beforehand) you're not losing any money.

The handler (though smaller demand guests will often deal with the money side themselves) will usually spell out any rules before you hand over any cash (if they're not doing personalised signatures/only signing photos bought from them/no taking pictures), though generally I've found most people friendly and amiable with very little fuss.

IIRC Brend mentioned on Transfans that, at the event earlier in the year, comic guests don't charge for autographs unlike their film and TV counterparts so that's a bonus.

EDIT: Hopefully when you collect your pass you get given something with a list of events and a map on it.
inflatable dalek

A full schedule can be downloaded here: http://showmastersonline.com/forums/ind ... opic=86609.

When viewed on screen as a PDF I find the print too small to read, but when printed out it's much more legible (yes, I know. You tech heads know how to make it larger).

Again, thanks to Primenova for that.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Gonna turn in for tomorrow, but anyone who's going -- will be wearing this in a darker shade:

Death's Head
Protoform

Post by Death's Head »

I'm not going to the show but I live not far from Earl's Court so if anyone's going for a beer or something afterwards tomorrow gizza PM and if I'm about I might be able to pop down.
SMITH
Portfolio | Blog | Freelance Agent Brompton Rhodes - Guns, Girls and Gorillas!
inflatable dalek

Going on drinking in London till closing time has always been an ambition of mine. I never thought it would be as a result of the pub staff getting bored of the intricate discussion of the plot of Time Wars and shutting up shop to escape.
Death's Head
Protoform

Post by Death's Head »

:D
SMITH
Death's Head
Protoform

Post by Death's Head »

MInd you, even the barmaid couldn't work out the placement of Time Wars and the Underbase saga. Noobs.
SMITH
inflatable dalek

Drinking with Death's Head gave me a Dead Head. Pretty much the whole of Monday was a write off for me. Not in a violent vomiting way, just in a, "I could get out of bed anytime I want but another hour or so won't hurt" way.

And I was so proud of my drinking stamina back at Auto Assembly.

I'll do more thoughts (probably in the form of a Youtube video) when I'm more settled, but I will say in good news that when talking to Bob he seemed amiable in theory about coming to AA, as long as he gets a good deal (from the way he was talking this meant they pay for his flights and a nice hotel room rather than hookers dressed as Circuit Breaker and a massive pile of drugs) so if anyone working for the convention wants to make him an offer.

Also, my pics. Including the first picture of Octus in 25 years!:

https://www.facebook.com/stuart.webb3/m ... 218&type=3
inflatable dalek

So, my Youtube thoughts. Marvel at, even on a second take where I'm trying to get through it quicker, I still don't know how to stop talking at the end:

Denyer

Post by Denyer »

As you say, Furman handled things nicely with the panel, and Roche did likewise with keeping up the energy levels with everything he was involved with.

Wildman was being a bit mono-focus with his reading... Hot Rod's got the whole coming of age hero's journey thing going on, but despite going a similar way with with Hot Shot and Bumblebee in recent years, Transformers has long since joined Who, Trek and so on in mashing up every genre going.
inflatable dalek

The Hot Rod thing I could sort of see (though it was a bit odd that he decided Hot Rod is the centre of all Transformers fiction when I don't think Wildman actually drew that many issues with him in pre-Reg), it was the "They're not cars that turn into robots... they're robots that turn into cars" and "The war could never end with one side winning over the other because the entire thing is a metaphor for the duality within ourselves and the entire world and finding balance between ourselves and our inner and outer enemies is the purpose of all life" stuff that had me go a bit cross-eyed.
inflatable dalek

A cosplay video from the event itself (despite the July dating on the image) that is mildly interesting if you want to know what Jose Delbo would look like with two Boba Fetts standing in front of him:

Skyquake87
Protoform

Post by Skyquake87 »

Heh, that was cool. Loved Cheetarah :)