Transformers: More than Meets the Eye season two discussion

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Patapsco

Post by Patapsco »

I don't think all that matters as Tailgate is going to single handedly take down the DJD, then become Tailgate Prime and the fandom will have a collective orgasm while I cancel my subscription and mumble that it was all better in Budiansky's day
Auntie Slag
Custom Title: Satisfaction guaranteed!

Post by Auntie Slag »

I'll gladly bet you Unicron's bank account that that doesn't happen. We can't be facing an ending of Gummi Bear proportions, surely?

With Tripodeca gone, I'd like to think I'm ready for anything. But... I really don't see why they can't all be friends. The war's over.
Patapsco

Post by Patapsco »

And I'm only kidding, though I'm pretty sure there are a not too small majority of fans out there for whom Tailgate becoming Prime and he and Cyclonus having ickle Cygate babies is the only way MtMtE can end.

For me? Everyone dying in stupid, pointless ways. Starting with Rodimus. Guy's gotta get got
Auntie Slag

Post by Auntie Slag »

Aren't the Scavengers great! But all this dying lark is a bit boring. There's so many interesting threads out there to be concluded: Spinister's savantism, Red & Rewind's UV neck notches, Francis Pharma, Whirl's attempted suicide (in the first issue), Delta Magnus & the Primal Vanguard, anything about Spoke & Lockstock, Ambulon is the leg of who? Sinister Grimlock, The five Luna 1's blah blah.

It's ace. Any one of those things is more interesting to me than seeing, I dunno, Mainframe get mashed!
Patapsco

Post by Patapsco »

Wait, Rewind has neck notches? So Chromedome's "operated" on him? My way, way, way out of left-field guess that Dominus was "Tarn" could still be true
Auntie Slag

Post by Auntie Slag »

Yeah, it was back in Issue 13 when they went to fight Snap Trap's crew. There's a scene where Chromedome brings an unconscious Rewind on board calling for help, and amongst other things he mentions to First Aid that Rewind is allergic to UV light. That's where I'm getting it from.
Unicron

Post by Unicron »

Auntie Slag wrote:Yeah, it was back in Issue 13 when they went to fight Snap Trap's crew. There's a scene where Chromedome brings an unconscious Rewind on board calling for help, and amongst other things he mentions to First Aid that Rewind is allergic to UV light. That's where I'm getting it from.
Yeah, I've been wondering about that too. Here's one to wonder about: Would Alt-Rewind have the same theoretical mnemosurgery marks?
Summerhayes

Post by Summerhayes »

Sorry to be the idiot, but do we have a definite date for this yet?
I like bears.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

I'm getting the impression that Megatron doesn't understand how the whole "pacifism" thing works. I mean, the reason why he had such an insane number of "flowers" on the Necrobot's world was because of how many deaths he'd ordered in battle, not just because of people he'd killed personally. So I'm not sure that refusing to personally kill anyone but still sitting on the bridge and directing his companions on how best to kill people really counts as turning over a new leaf for Megs. I mean, by that logic Osama bin Laden was a pacifist.

Hopefully that's touched on later.

Oh, and superpowered Tailgate can **** off.
Unicron

Post by Unicron »

Warcry wrote:I'm getting the impression that Megatron doesn't understand how the whole "pacifism" thing works. I mean, the reason why he had such an insane number of "flowers" on the Necrobot's world was because of how many deaths he'd ordered in battle, not just because of people he'd killed personally. So I'm not sure that refusing to personally kill anyone but still sitting on the bridge and directing his companions on how best to kill people really counts as turning over a new leaf for Megs. I mean, by that logic Osama bin Laden was a pacifist.

Hopefully that's touched on later.

Oh, and superpowered Tailgate can **** off.
Well, he did order 'no casualties'. Though given it's Whirl and Cyclonus he's talking...
Patapsco

Post by Patapsco »

Summerhayes wrote:Sorry to be the idiot, but do we have a definite date for this yet?
next Wednesday. Number 49 slipped I believe due to I think one of the artists on a future issue getting ill so they delayed 49 as a precaution, but it looks like the slack has been picked up, so to speak

Slipped to 9th March. Apparently
Warcry wrote:Oh, and superpowered Tailgate can **** off.
can I just quote this forever and ever and ever? Because that's what I'm going to do
Skyquake87
Protoform

Post by Skyquake87 »

Anyone know where I can find a physical copy of this? No one seems to have any... :(
Auntie Slag

Post by Auntie Slag »

You can order on-line from Forbidden Planet. Not only will they take your money, they'll also accept a reduced on-line price AND post it to you.

And if you want to pay more, I'll come round and read it to you, with voices and everything!
Skyquake87
Protoform

Post by Skyquake87 »

I'll have to try them then. My usual sources have all dried up and ebay's full of imports from crazy places like America.

...I would love you to do the voices! that would be ace :swirly:
Auntie Slag

Post by Auntie Slag »

Oh yeah, they're good. I pay £3.15 for my copy from the shop, even though I know I could order it online from them for £2.65 or so. But I like to go in for it because it reminds me of when I was a kid going for my weekly Transformers comic from the newsagents.

Plus the guys at FP are really cool.

I'd love to do the voices of Tarn, Chromedome and Overlord. Did you know there's a site that turns MTMTE into an audio play? Its called The Audio Knights Theatre and they've done a pretty good job from the ones I've heard, especially when you have that issue out in front of you as they go along; adds a really cool dimension.

They're a bit behind, but I'm not surprised as it must be a mammoth undertaking!

Here's an excerpt from Issue 1.
Skyquake87
Protoform

Post by Skyquake87 »

I will have a listen to that at the weekend... i think i'm being told some important things right now but am totally not listening...

I usually get MTMTE in my standing order at OK, but it blobbed this month and the guys haven't been able to get a copy, sadly.
Auntie Slag

Post by Auntie Slag »

Hey look, if I find a copy at my local I can get it for you and post it. They usually have previous issues of ex-RID lying around, presumably because the cats already got enough fresh litter. Sometimes there's an issue or two of a previous MTMTE hanging around looking fashionably hipster retro too.

If that doesn't sound weirdly stalkerish to you then its fine by me. I'd be able to check on Saturday!

[Edit] I know I was harping on about the Audio Knights thing, but listening back its not all that awesome. Turns out what really stuck in my memory was Chris McFeely's reading of the Megatron/Ravage sequence from about 10 issues ago. Its pretty awesome.

The comic is so dense it doesn't work as a dramatic reading straight off the page. Plenty of it would have to be reworded. The Knights did a segment featuring Magnus and he just drones on and on. Easy to read, a bit painful to listen to.
Skyquake87
Protoform

Post by Skyquake87 »

Oh! I managed to get a copy, thanks. Sorry. Forgot to mention that! Its on its way by the magic of second class post, so I'll be sure to share my ever-insightful brain thoughts when the thing arrives (usually consisting of "yeah I liked that" or "not so much").
Auntie Slag

Post by Auntie Slag »

Cool, no worries. All is safe in the TF world, at least until issue 50 when Blaster is hurled face first through five other people's faces and ground into a fine paste by the DJD. Gulp.
Patapsco

Post by Patapsco »

A word of warning: the entire issue has been leaked and is out in the wild, so go looking this up at your own risk