Windblade becomes 'Till All Are One'

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Terome

Windblade becomes 'Till All Are One'

Post by Terome »

Looks like the damage done by starting the Windblade series off with a tie-in to the shoddy Combiner Wars event was permanent. John Barber has announced at ComicCon that it is being relaunched as 'Till All Are One'.

Probably a good move - with a more generic title Windblade can dip in and out of the action without it feeling like she's being sidelined in her own comic. This will pretty much be 'Blurr's Bar and The Beast Guys,' which may or may not be more sustainable but hey, I'm glad it's not my job to call these things.

Of course, because no albatross is too big for the neck of an IDW comic, it looks like they may be opening up the series with a Combiner Hunters one-shot to tie-in to some SDCC exclusives and the new Lady Combiner. I like her minty Seacon colours.

Sarah Stone seems to be out of the running.
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

You've phrased it more politely than I've seen on Facebook/Twitter, less "Becomes" more "Cancelled". The gap between the two suggests a bit of a rethink is going on rather than just renaming and renumbering the existing Windblade and carrying on with whatever plans they had.

Agreed this is likely down to the Combiner Wars SNAFU (though to be fair, it could equally be someone has realised that having a title focused around one character when the books are having to fit in lots of toy promotion probably isn't a good idea), launching a book that-- as the quotes I've seen from the panel ephasise-- was supposed to be an entry level title for new readers with a crossover with another book that can't be read in isolation and for which the numbering and naming system was more than a bit confusing (is it Combiner Wars 12 or Ex-RID 87?) was deeply dumb. As was promoting the first actual proper issue of the series as a Combiner Wars epilogue so as to make sure all those new readers stay away.

A pity as the most recent issue was good fun,. The absence of Stone is interesting considering how much of a team she and Scott were presented as. It might simply be a dull scheduling thing, but considering she dropped out of an announced issue of Combiner Wars very suddenly it does create the impression of Behind The Scenes issues.

If the way Combiner Wars was set up did affect Windblade's success, I wonder how much of a hit Ex-RID took in terms of sales?
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Unicron

Post by Unicron »

inflatable dalek wrote:A pity as the most recent issue was good fun,. The absence of Stone is interesting considering how much of a team she and Scott were presented as. It might simply be a dull scheduling thing, but considering she dropped out of an announced issue of Combiner Wars very suddenly it does create the impression of Behind The Scenes issues.
I kept seeing references to Stone being sick in some manner, I think with social media postings being the source. No idea how accurate that is though
Skyquake87
Protoform

Post by Skyquake87 »

I don't know why we can't have Windblade just be like MTMTE and go off and do its own thing without having to be shackled to RID/ Hasbro's latest toygasm. I might be halfway interested then - I did like the ad for her series in the back of MTMTE #42, but I'm just mindful I've heard nothing good about her current run.
Cyberstrike nTo
Protoform

Post by Cyberstrike nTo »

inflatable dalek wrote:Agreed this is likely down to the Combiner Wars SNAFU (though to be fair, it could equally be someone has realised that having a title focused around one character when the books are having to fit in lots of toy promotion probably isn't a good idea), launching a book that-- as the quotes I've seen from the panel ephasise-- was supposed to be an entry level title for new readers with a crossover with another book that can't be read in isolation and for which the numbering and naming system was more than a bit confusing (is it Combiner Wars 12 or Ex-RID 87?) was deeply dumb. As was promoting the first actual proper issue of the series as a Combiner Wars epilogue so as to make sure all those new readers stay away.
While starting new series in a crossover is hardly new what has struck me as odd is IDW screwy way of presenting the crossovers in Previews. Listing them as Windblade #1-Combiner Wars part 2 I agree 100% makes little sense (and they did the same thing during Dark Cybertron). Every other major publisher does a crossover they don't list the crossover name in the actual book's title and number (unless it's a mini-series or one-shot tie-in) in the actual name of the book you list as Transformers: Windblade #1 in actual plot of the book you the crossover name and what part it is in the crossover.
Please visit Outlaw Colony my new message board it's a fun site for fun people.