Prepare to face Podcast Maximus!

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Selkadoom

Post by Selkadoom »

inflatable dalek wrote:We usually pronounce it "Sir".
I was very disappointed by this. You barely rammed that book down our throat. I was expecting every bit of dialogue not about Auto Assembly to be advertising shamelessly.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

PSN ID: Selkadoom13
Steam: Scruffy.j2
Skyquake87
Protoform

Post by Skyquake87 »

I am listening to this...RIGHT NOW! I like that Dalek sounds like an actual dalek :)

...more thoughts will follow when my ears are full

MY EARS ARE FULL OF PODCAST. Enjoyed that, nice and breezy. Some good critique of the convention itself and (hooray!) not self-indulgent. Like the bouncy, squelchy sounding theme tune. What is that?
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

You need to do at least two before you can start being self indulgent with nonsensical to anyone who hasn't listened before injokes.

The vocal effect was deliberate, I thought we should **** off the audiophiles as quickly as possible.

EDIT: Though I'm glad it works, it was hard to be objective from my point of view because I knew all the stuff we cut out, I was especially worried about losing what made us going very hysterical towards the end in case it sounded as if we started having a breakdown for no reason.
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Ryan F

Post by Ryan F »

Yeah, I enjoyed that. Very much. With podcasts it's not necessarily just about the content, but also how engaging it is, what the banter is like, how people bounce off each other.

Despite the sound issues, that was surprisingly smooth for a first attempt. Looking forward to hearing more!
Brendocon 2.0

Post by Brendocon 2.0 »

inflatable dalek wrote:The vocal effect was deliberate
Assumed that was just the Kiddy accent.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Skyquake87 wrote:Like the bouncy, squelchy sounding theme tune. What is that?
It's a short clip of https://soundcloud.com/hazeltron/resuscitation-demo

(Other credits on the site page).
I like that Dalek sounds like an actual dalek :)
He's done self help stuff as well -- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e59guruVL4o
Terome

Post by Terome »

Thanks for the kind words, folks. Hound, Dalek and myself recorded a chat about MTMTE 44 this morning. It should be in a presentable form quite soon.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Podcast Maximus Episode 2

MORE THAN MEETS THE EYE: Dalek and Terome get together with honorary UK-er Hound to give their take on #44 and More Than Meets The Eye in general.

http://tfarchive.com/fandom/features/po ... sode_2.mp3
inflatable dalek

Amusingly when we talked I was the one saying nice things about James Raiz, but a side effect of the edit is that what was me just reminding Mr. Hound of the name of the artist we'd talked about a few minutes before is now basically me going "Bad Dark Cybertron artist? That's Jams Raiz that is".
Brendocon 2.0

Post by Brendocon 2.0 »

inflatable dalek wrote:That's Jams Raiz that is".
I hope you actually said Jams.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

How long was the original this time?
inflatable dalek

Brendocon 2.0 wrote:I hope you actually said Jams.

You'll have to listen to find out!

I think I've got this clickbait thing down pat.

EDIT: I think by the time we started recording it worked out at just over an hour.
Brendocon 2.0

Post by Brendocon 2.0 »

inflatable dalek wrote:You'll have to listen to find out!
I've still not started MTMTE so that's a no.
Skyquake87
Protoform

Post by Skyquake87 »

I have listened to find out!

Whoop. Another good round table, and I liked hearing Hound's lovely Canadian tones :) Nice balance in the discussion too, and some excellent trivia from Mr Terome about Trevor Hutchinson. Shame Dalek's voice is no longer like a dalek, but I did enjoy the silly way "Podcast Maximus!" was boomed out.

Good show, folks!
Terome

Post by Terome »

inflatable dalek wrote:Amusingly when we talked I was the one saying nice things about James Raiz, but a side effect of the edit is that what was me just reminding Mr. Hound of the name of the artist we'd talked about a few minutes before is now basically me going "Bad Dark Cybertron artist? That's Jams Raiz that is".
Sorry about that - it was difficult to get it so that it came up naturally. I was mainly trying to keep things on track about this issue rather than musing over Dark Cybertron from ages past.
Skyquake: Good show, folks!
Thanks!
Denyer: How long was the original this time?
It's true, just over an hour of recording. Then roughly half an hour off-mic. We had a big old chat!
inflatable dalek

Terome wrote:Sorry about that - it was difficult to get it so that it came up naturally. I was mainly trying to keep things on track about this issue rather than musing over Dark Cybertron from ages past.
I also see the podcast wound up exactly too long by the length of time it took me to tell the story of what was exactly too long to go in the first podcast that drove us to hysterics. I'm going to start telling that story in every one until it gets in! ;)
Summerhayes

Post by Summerhayes »

Hello friends! I have returned from rarely being sober enough to type to say: I listened to your podcast. It was nice. Well, I listened to episode 1 and will listen to 2 once I've read the appropriate Comicbook issue.

I'm a major, major podcast addict; I listen to them while I do chores and cook, at the gym, at work whenever I can escape customers... So a new one to listen to is very welcome. And it's not about games!

My feedback so far:
you had a nice conversational tone and a sense of humour which is key
You didn't feel over edited, which can be super annoying
The opening and closing bits sounded like Stu was phoning his computer from a 1988 car phone

Hoping this will run and run so I'll have some robo-chat in my rolling list of podcasts. Cheers guys!
I like bears.
inflatable dalek

Thanks you podcast whore you. The next one (without me on it! I hope they do the PODCAST MAXIMUS thing) talking about toys is currently being edited by Mr Clay.

Terome and I will probably be doing a Chaos Theory retro lookback when I return from hanging out with Sir Roger Moore towards the end of the week.

And we've got something very special lined up for early November.
Rack 'n Ruin

Post by Rack 'n Ruin »

inflatable dalek wrote:Thanks you podcast whore you. The next one (without me on it! I hope they do the PODCAST MAXIMUS thing) talking about toys is currently being edited by Mr Clay.

Terome and I will probably be doing a Chaos Theory retro lookback when I return from hanging out with Sir Roger Moore towards the end of the week.

And we've got something very special lined up for early November.
Bond quote from Moore in the next podcast or GTFO.
Wreck and Rule!
Unicron

Post by Unicron »

Rack 'n Ruin wrote:Bond quote from Moore in the next podcast or GTFO.
Bonus points if the quote is from a Bond movie he wasn't in