Favorite Transformers

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Auntie Slag
Custom Title: Satisfaction guaranteed!

Post by Auntie Slag »

Skyquake87 wrote:... things about their tech specs.
That's a really good point, though. I remember getting Galvatron for Christmas as a kid (I was a kid, Galvatron was a toy) and I was thrilled. Here was the new bad guy, so futuristic, so purple.

The box was massive and glossy, but quite clearly on the front and back it said 'Galvatron: City Commander'.

Now as a child this was a bit confusing. So er... he's not the boss, then? Otherwise it would say Decepticon Leader on the box, right?

So is Galvatron actually an evil... Mayor, or City Planning Executive?

Not the new evil boss of everything, like Megatron.

It was odd.
Skyquake87
Protoform

Post by Skyquake87 »

Megatron's power sources are likely massively inefficient, though. Imagine the waste by products! (send them to England, we buy up the world's nuclear waste to store underground anyway). The whole black hole thing has only been glimpsed once as far as I can recall, and that's when Straxus was sharing his mind. I think its a very draining and dangerous ability for Megs to tap into.

Galvatron, by contrast, has something that's much more efficient, just as deadly and final.

and I reckon it would take 7 Megatrons, a Bruticus and Mixmaster to take on Beachcomber (he has access to some interesting chemical substances, after all)
Auntie Slag

Post by Auntie Slag »

Red Dave Prime wrote:Maybe, but we're past that argument. Now its a question of how many megatrons would it take to beat beachcomber.
I don't think either could. Beachcomber would charm them with his laid back beach-bum hippy style style and knowledge about sand:

"Its course and rough and irritating, and it gets everywhere".
Skyquake87
Protoform

Post by Skyquake87 »

Auntie Slag wrote:So is Galvatron actually an evil... Mayor, or City Planning Executive?
As recent years have told, these people are the worst of all! #satire

Or, he's some insipid vacuous middle-management non-entity that's hung onto his position because no one knows quite what it is he does and can't work out a way to fire him.

Its the same problem Lord Hall has at the BBC, trying to do away with layers of pointless management that's inverse to the proportion of people making programmes.

Or, he's Nick Leeson as a giant space robot made by the space devil.
dura
Protoform

Post by dura »

Beachcomber was fabulous in "The Golden Lagoon".

So was Omega.
Auntie Slag

Post by Auntie Slag »

And I kind of think they really couldn't beat Beachcomber. As a comparison I always felt a bit weird about the way Megatron killed Jazz in the 2007 movie. Massive guy kills the smallest guy with pea shooters for guns.

If you did that at school you'd be a dick. Everyone would hate you, it would be uncool.

Similarly so with Megatron v. Beachcomber. The amount of bad press he'd receive from his own side would be enough to topple him from leadership.

Your Megatron's, your Galvatron's, Prime's etc. They're all conveyed as so tough and unbeatable. So they should only fight similarly powered guys... not senselessly pound the science nerd on the beach.

As proof, I've beaten up plenty of small children. And yet I don't command an army.
Hound

Post by Hound »

Oh hell...

As far as the original cartoon goes it's clear that Megatron is a chump and that Galvatron is completely batshit crazy. Starscream is the worst kind of fool. Regadless of which of these were better or not they were all completely inept non-threats.

There's a good chance David Wise doesn't give a **** about Omega Supreme which is fair enough as neither does the fandom. Omega Supreme was a space ferry and not a whole lot of anything else. Boring...

Did someone turn back the clock to 2002? I thought we'd all matured past this. Then again here I am participating in this farce.
Skyquake87
Protoform

Post by Skyquake87 »

I wasn't here in 2002. That's my excuse. I brought a note from my mum and everything.
Auntie Slag

Post by Auntie Slag »

But Nick Leeson got away with it because the system let him, if the system lets people get away with being dicks then there's a chance that Beachcomber could be more damaging to society than Megatron.

I think Megatron, based upon what we've seen in MTMTE would excel as the Leader of New New Labour.

And with issue 52 still fresh, he could even lead the Greens. I'd vote for him, actually.
dura
Protoform

Post by dura »

Why do did Combiner Wars make devy the biggest and the baddest when this happened to him:
http://youtu.be/-PkqSl2o8h8
Skyquake87
Protoform

Post by Skyquake87 »

He'd be good for the Greens. I think he runs the risk of being like David Davis in the Conservatives though - someone quite level headed and reasonable, despite his political stance, being drowned out by all the excitable morons around him who react to Twitter like it matters.

Politicians just make me sad a lot of the time.
Auntie Slag

Post by Auntie Slag »

Sounds like David Davis could do with a fusion cannon.

Or at least to have one of his allies killed in front of him.

Which one should I do?
Skyquake87
Protoform

Post by Skyquake87 »

dura wrote:Why do did Combiner Wars make devy the biggest and the baddest
To sell toys.

And checking my handy Transformers fact file, Devastator is also the tallest Transformer next to Metroplex at 600ft tall!

So, bigger than all the other gestalt warriors, basically.

Whilst powerful, he's slow and lumbering and not terribly quick-witted and very much the prototype for the combiner process.

Is it just Predaking, Abominus and Piranacon that were actually any good as combined warriors? Everyone else seems a liability on the battlefield, as they're either mental (Menasor), stupid (Bruticus) daydreaming (Defensor) or thinking too much (Computron)
dura
Protoform

Post by dura »

Hound wrote: There's a good chance David Wise doesn't give a **** about Omega Supreme which is fair enough as neither does the fandom. Omega Supreme was a space ferry and not a whole lot of anything else. Boring....
Omega Supreme saved Superion by taking the pipe away from Menasor and beating him with it. He defeating Cyclonus, Scourge and the Sweeps in "The Big Broadcast of 2006". He took a blast from Galvatron's cannon mode, which vaporized Starscream. He almost killed Megatron in the comics. He scared off Astrotrain, Starscream, and Dirge by his mere presence as he did with Cyclonus and the Sweeps. He was huge. He then extended his bridge across a canyon to save a whole planets population. He also threw Devastator like rag doll.
Auntie Slag

Post by Auntie Slag »

That's true.
dura
Protoform

Post by dura »

Skyquake87 wrote:To sell toys.

And checking my handy Transformers fact file, Devastator is also the tallest Transformer next to Metroplex at 600ft tall!

So, bigger than all the other gestalt warriors, basically.

Whilst powerful, he's slow and lumbering and not terribly quick-witted and very much the prototype for the combiner process.

Is it just Predaking, Abominus and Piranacon that were actually any good as combined warriors? Everyone else seems a liability on the battlefield, as they're either mental (Menasor), stupid (Bruticus) daydreaming (Defensor) or thinking too much (Computron)
I think Fortress Maximus is the second tallest. I know he took out all the Decepticon gestalts in the Japanese G1 cartoon. But is he as big a Metroplex? Metroplex is supposed to be a whole city.

Omega Supreme is stronger and bigger than most gestalts. He took out Devastator in the IDW comics.

David Wise needs to apologize for his statements.
Skyquake87
Protoform

Post by Skyquake87 »

Auntie Slag wrote:Sounds like David Davis could do with a fusion cannon.

Or at least to have one of his allies killed in front of him.

Which one should I do?

Hmm, I'm not up on his alliances in the Tories. Goldsmith might be the one to do, as he seems the one the Tories were most hopeful of being mayor of Londinium.

Or Jacob Rees-Mogg, but that'd be just for a laugh. Although I quite like him, just for being so ultra-conservative you'd have thought he was the product of a feverish cheese dream made flesh. Or some form of shadowplay.

I am now expecting a visit from the police, as I suspect GCHQ have picked up on this.

GCHQ : Always listening to our customers
Auntie Slag

Post by Auntie Slag »

You're so funky, Skyquake!
Auntie Slag

Post by Auntie Slag »

I really want to get an Omega Supreme toy now just to see what happens to his body when I transform him.
Auntie Slag

Post by Auntie Slag »

I guess if I buy a used Omega Supreme toy on eBay, there's no guarantee it'll be complete.