Is G1 simply the best?

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Brendocon 2.0

Post by Brendocon 2.0 »

Cliffjumper wrote:IIRC (and it's a piece of shit comic so I'm no expert on it) Deadpool's healing factor is much, much more powerful than Wolverine's, extending to regenerating whole limbs.
To be fair it's difficult to really compare as Wolverine's adamantium skeleton prevents limb loss in the first oh my god what am I even doing.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

In some realities where he has (Age of Apocalypse) they haven't grown back. It's a tone thing but generally from memory a major injury tends to slow Logan down whereas for Wade it's just an excuse for zany meta banter.

God, I hate that book so much.
Brendocon 2.0

Post by Brendocon 2.0 »

Has Logan got the adamantium in AoA? I can't remember. Actually wait, he's actually called Weapon X isn't he, so he must have...

Fairly certain Wolverine's been blasted apart to basically just his skeleton on several occasions. Though it does usually result in a long slog while every bit of him grows back, while Wade routinely gets decapitated with no notable change to his demeanour.

I find Deadpool works best in controlled doses as a guest character or part of an ensemble, as per Uncanny X-Force. Which is of course why he has twenty seven solo books at the moment.
Marisa
Protoform

Post by Marisa »

I heard that the Incredible Hulk probably has the highest healing factor in the Marvel universe.

Is this true?

This ability is never highlighted for him in any media.

Is Hulk's healing factor higher than that of even Wolverine and Daedpool?
Cyberstrike nTo
Protoform

Post by Cyberstrike nTo »

Cliffjumper wrote:Not in the comic; he only lived for about five years from being created by Grapple to blown up by Starscream.

IIRC (and it's a piece of shit comic so I'm no expert on it) Deadpool's healing factor is much, much more powerful than Wolverine's, extending to regenerating whole limbs.
Pretty much Deadpool has his head cut off and is still able to control his body and reattach his head to his body.
Please visit Outlaw Colony my new message board it's a fun site for fun people.
Marisa
Protoform

Post by Marisa »

I heard G1 Omega Supreme is fabulous in the IDW comics.

This G1 connoisseur seems to think so:

Is Omega Supreme pound-for-pound the baddest Titan in the Transformers universe?
Marisa
Protoform

Post by Marisa »

I know that Spider-man appeared in the Marvel Transformers comic in his black suit. I'm guessing it's because it was during the time of "Secret Wars."

Is the same power cosmic that enabled Starscream to knock Omega Supreme offline the same power cosmic that Spider-man was imbued with to make him Cosmic Spider-man?
Skyquake87
Protoform

Post by Skyquake87 »

Starscream absorbed The Underbase which was the combined wisdom of the ages stored in energy form or somesuch within Boltax. Optimus Prime shot it off into space to prevent its power falling into the hands of the Decepticons, as he realized that knowledge is power ...and that was too much power.

The Uni-Power that gave us Cosmic Spidey was a facet of the The Enigma Force which had its origins in the Microverse...where the Micronauts come from. IIRC, this was the same thing A.I.M. used to power Death's Head 3.0.

Dull Fact: Spider-Man appearing in his alien costume was a trade-off for Marvel featuring Spider-Man in Transformers, which Hasbro took a dim view of as they wanted their product plugged, not Marvels (hence the quiet dropping of Transformers being set in the Marvel Universe after around US #8). As Spidey had recently returned to his blue and red duds, Marvel got around problems with Hasbro by featuring Spidey in his alien suit which wasn't being promoted in any tie-in media at the time.

Just out of curiosity, what is it about Omega Supreme you like so much? I've never been that wowed by him as a character. I have the Encore toy, and its fun and all but such a mess of parts its like putting a train set together. Is it that he's this big lug who acts as the last line of defence?
Marisa
Protoform

Post by Marisa »

G1 Omega Supreme is big, strong, and tough. He has the punching power of Iron Mike Tyson. His unwavering courage and spirit of self-sacrifice are without equal. His presence strikes fear in the hearts of Decepticons and GI Joes. His nickname is "The Intimidator." Omega Supreme is mechanical, electrical, physical, mental, and nuclear power personified. He has overwhelming firepower; he can generate immeasurable megatons of TNT forces. Omega is capable of lifting 300,000 tons with just his clawed arm without straining a circuit. His body is a massive fortress, a shield, a shelter. Omega Supreme is invincible. He is in a word awesome! Omega is the one you want on your side in a fight. Please watch "The Big Broadcast of 2006", "The Key to Vector Sigma Part 2", "The Secret of Omega Supreme", and "Blaster Blues." Also, read Transformers #19 "Command Performances." Omega Supreme is The Juggernaut, The Thing, and the Incredible Hulk all rolled up into one. He is the Protector, the last and best of the Guardian Robots.

G1 Omega Supreme is one of the few Transformers equipped with electronics. He's one of the most G1 cartoon-accurate robots. He's both an immovable object and an irresistible force. G1 Omega Supreme is like the Terminator and KITT melded into one unstoppable robot. He has the strength of He-man, the gentleness of She-ra, the intelligence and technology of Batman, and the durability of Spider-man. G1 Omega Supreme is like Computron on steroids.
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

Remember that time Omega Supreme got twatted by Buzzsaw?
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Marisa
Protoform

Post by Marisa »

inflatable dalek wrote:Remember that time Omega Supreme got twatted by Buzzsaw?
That was Hasbro again trying to clear the toy shelves.

It's not for sure that Omega went down. It does not show him on the ground.
Marisa
Protoform

Post by Marisa »

Is Omega Supreme a natural Headmaster?

I think Hasbro could make a fully operational Omega Supreme defense base.

I'd love to climb into Omega's anti-aircraft tank, and shoot down Decepticons.

Is G1 Omega Supreme made in America? I heard he was created by a company called Toybox.
Marisa
Protoform

Post by Marisa »

How is G1 ranked #2:

and "Beast Wars" is #1?
Tantrum
Custom Title: Systems Analyst

Post by Tantrum »

Marisa wrote:G1 Omega Supreme is big, strong, and tough. He has the punching power of Iron Mike Tyson. His unwavering courage and spirit of self-sacrifice are without equal. His presence strikes fear in the hearts of Decepticons and GI Joes. His nickname is "The Intimidator." Omega Supreme is mechanical, electrical, physical, mental, and nuclear power personified. He has overwhelming firepower; he can generate immeasurable megatons of TNT forces. Omega is capable of lifting 300,000 tons with just his clawed arm without straining a circuit. His body is a massive fortress, a shield, a shelter. Omega Supreme is invincible. He is in a word awesome! Omega is the one you want on your side in a fight. Please watch "The Big Broadcast of 2006", "The Key to Vector Sigma Part 2", "The Secret of Omega Supreme", and "Blaster Blues." Also, read Transformers #19 "Command Performances." Omega Supreme is The Juggernaut, The Thing, and the Incredible Hulk all rolled up into one. He is the Protector, the last and best of the Guardian Robots.

G1 Omega Supreme is one of the few Transformers equipped with electronics. He's one of the most G1 cartoon-accurate robots. He's both an immovable object and an irresistible force. G1 Omega Supreme is like the Terminator and KITT melded into one unstoppable robot. He has the strength of He-man, the gentleness of She-ra, the intelligence and technology of Batman, and the durability of Spider-man. G1 Omega Supreme is like Computron on steroids.
This reads like Wesley Willis lyrics.

TF haven't completely abandoned electronics gimmicks. They're just rare because they add a lot of cost for very little play value.

Movieverse Ultimate Bumblebee has lights, sounds, and motors. Those cost money to produce. They also make him heavier than a similarly sized CW combiner, so he costs more to ship. His legs have no useful articulation, probably because the weight of the electronics and movement of the motors would make balancing him impossible anyway. This wasn't a problem in G1, when there was hardly any articulation, anyway. When the elctronics fail, or just lose their novelty, what's left isn't much of a fun toy.

G1 nostalgia gets a boost because we didn't know it was G1 at the time. In the 80s, we had no idea G1 was the start of a franchise, so we watched it thinking, "This is what Transformers is". Since then, we've watched thinking, "This is what Transformers is for now". We know there's another iteration coming in a couple years, so whatever happens in the current iteration has less of an impact on us as viewers. Even if we couldn't assume that Optimus would come back to life in the next episode, we'd know he'd be alive in the next reboot.
Alleged "poems"
that don't follow a rhyme scheme
are not poetry
Marisa
Protoform

Post by Marisa »

Can the G1 Predacons/Predaking beat the G1 Combaticons/Bruticus?

Which is the better toy set?

I like G1 toys Galvatron in his movie colors and G1 Shockwave. Both are equipped with electronics. Which is the better G1 toy?

Why can't Hasbro/Takara add more effects to the G1 toys, like what was done to the Star Trek: The Original Series episodes having modern special effects added to them?

Why can't this be done with all are G1 toys, cartoons, and comics?
Marisa
Protoform

Post by Marisa »

I want RC G1 Transformers.

There's no reason why Transformers cannot become a sport, with races and battling bots.
Marisa
Protoform

Post by Marisa »

I never liked Spider-man's black suit being an alien.

Why couldn't it just have been a cool black suit that he just wore in Marvel Transformers and Secret Wars? At that time it was just a different costume.

The costume being an alien was an afterthought. It was a bad idea. Why do fan's like it?
Brendocon 2.0

Post by Brendocon 2.0 »

Marisa wrote:The costume being an alien was an afterthought. It was a bad idea. Why do fan's like it?
Obvious troll is absolutely ****ing transparent.
Marisa
Protoform

Post by Marisa »

G1 Omega Supreme is a powderkeg.
Marisa
Protoform

Post by Marisa »

Are there any G1 Omega Supreme fanboys in the house?