Just looking for advice...

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
BuddhaWithMace
Protoform

Just looking for advice...

Post by BuddhaWithMace »

Hi all

I wonder if someone could help me with a valuation.

Found three Transformers boxsets, called 1-Headmasters, 2-Masterforce and 3-Victory. I paid $10AU.

They are these (links to a pic I took and posted on ImgBB)... hXXps://ibb.co/eR3j7S and the discs look in perfect condition and are complete.

Found them listed on tfrid.com as Chinese boxsets, with 1 & 2 by WKVCD and 3 by WKAV.

I can find a listing on Ebay for 2 that's about $60AU, but I can't find any prices for 1 or 3.

If somebody could give me an idea of what, if anything they're worth I'd be very appreciative.

If posting for prices isn't allowed, my apologies. Feel free to delete the post and my account and I shall never darken your doors again.

Thanks in advance!
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

No worries and sorry for the link thing, lot of spambots around.

The editions themselves probably aren't worth anything extra (Chinese, Malaysian, etc editions of anything mostly attract buyers after a bargain or occasionally completist collectors) on top of going rate for US editions -- as a comparison, the currently-most-circulating release of Masterforce, from Shout Factory, seems to have a retail price of $25 USD. Or fifty bucks for a set of Headmasters, Masterforce and Victory --

https://www.shoutfactory.com/product/tr ... ct_id=4826

With eBay it's always best to check sold prices rather than what people have listed at.
BuddhaWithMace
Protoform

Post by BuddhaWithMace »

Many thanks for the reply. Much appreciated. I shall lower my expectations of sell price from 'woohoo, I can retire!' to 'woohoo, I can buy a takeaway'.

Again, thanks for taking the time to reply.