Religious TF overtones ?

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Prowl?
Protoform

Post by Prowl? »

Originally posted by PaladinPrime:

This brings us to another question. Who would have won. Galvatron or Scorponok. Scorponok had the size advantage, but Galvatron's cannon mode was about the size of Scorponok's gun, so he probably could have killed him with a few blasts. Also, he could just blast open his armor (the nebulons did it easily enough), and snuck inside, killing Zarak, thus immobilizing Scorponok, which he could supply with a head that was loyal to him. Overall, I'd say that Galvatron would have won because he is insane, and not afraid of death,so he would fight to the bloody end.

Ever seen the jap. Headmasters? Galvatron loses the struggle for leadership, and his life and Zarak takes over. Jap headmasters actually had alot of main characters biting the bullet, plus we get to see more than a sixty second cameo of sixshot.

------------------
----------------------------------
Send comments, insults, taunts and death threats to:
Prowl?

---------------------------------------------------
Sig space courtesy of Thundercracker84
------------------------
screw geocities and Angelfire
Silly Cow

Post by Silly Cow »

Originally posted by Windcharger:
Am I right in remembering this? that, if at the next national census (here in the UK), if 10,000 of us were to write down 'Transformers' as a religeon on our census forms, then it would become an officially recognised religeon in the eyes of the law?

I heard something about this recently concerning the possibility of 'Jedi' becoming one too.

Sorry to ruin your fun, but the answer is no.
http://www.snopes.com/religion/jedi.htm

------------------
-Afraid I was going to leave without giving you a goodbye kiss?
-I'd just as soon kiss a wookiee.

[This message has been edited by Silly Cow (edited 12-29-2001).]
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Humourless sort, ain't she?
the long-term cost of such unthinking behavior is almost beyond reckoning, if enough people choose to engage in this form of acting out.
Image to ye, ma'am... at least I'm not going down on a form as a member of the CoE by default...

In replying as such, I felt more attachment to a course of actions entered into by a bunch of my fellow human beings than anything anyone in the decaying socio-political edifice(s) that are our national govt/faith ever did...

Hmmm... wonder what Euan Blair put down...

------------------

Check out my collection & trade list and other TF stuff @ denyer.cjb.net!
Later, when I was hanging from the tree... — Bill Hicks
Death's Head
Protoform

Post by Death's Head »

My girlfriend has a friend who went out with Euan Blair.

More snippets from my exciting life next week!

------------------
Death's Head
CYBER/Pulp
Death's Head Archive
Decepti-Kombat - TF Fanfic Fight!

Image Image
Silly Cow

Post by Silly Cow »

Originally posted by Stuart Denyer:
Humourless sort, ain't she?

She's spoiled my fun on numerous occations. I consider funny that a state in USA would've had defined the value of pi as 3 by law, but she proved that wrong as well.

No fun she is.

------------------

[This message has been edited by Silly Cow (edited 12-30-2001).]
Xilef_Darklight
Protoform

Post by Xilef_Darklight »

Originally posted by Stuart Denyer:
Humourless sort, ain't she? Image to ye, ma'am... at least I'm not going down on a form as a member of the CoE by default...
Errr .. excuse me ? Who said that and what was (she ?) referring to ? What was this about ?
Silly Cow

Post by Silly Cow »

Originally posted by Xilef_Darklight:
Errr .. excuse me ? Who said that and what was (she ?) referring to ? What was this about ?
I believe it was from the link I posted in the previous message concerning the national cencus and TF as a religion.

------------------
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Originally posted by Xilef_Darklight:
Technically, I would be classed as CoE, despite never having attended any kind of regular worship. This in itself is mildly cool, since it likely debars me from the premises of a number of other denominations...

I'm not CoE, although I prefer its politics to some others... I'm not of any organised religion; therefore my creed (which is shared by others) is debarred from the UK census, which is a massively hypocritical document.

There is absolutely no reason why members of a religion must physically meet or partake in acts of shared worship...
dictionary.com
A set of beliefs, values, and practices based on the teachings of a spiritual leader.
I pick Yoda. He talks sense.

------------------

Check out my collection & trade list and other TF stuff @ denyer.cjb.net!
Later, when I was hanging from the tree... — Bill Hicks
Xilef_Darklight
Protoform

Post by Xilef_Darklight »

Let us just hope we don't ever see a TF religion,... hehe

OH... speaking of... was it Vector sigma who created the quintessons ? Was Vector Sigma their "god" ?
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

No, Vector Sigma was a super computer that programmed the transformers with their personalities. It was probably built by the Quints. Hears a thought, I believe that Vector Sigma actually sewed the seeds of the transformers' rebelion. From the "Key to Vector Sigma," it can be judged that it was a sentient being. As such, it must have sensed the plight of the transformers. One day, it created the personality of Alpha Trion, and other such heroes of that era, and it gave them the ability to see that they had to become free, for the Quintessons were cruel rulers.

------------------
They were the dream--
--Mechanical beings able to transform
their bodies into vehicles, machinery
and weapons; a last line of defense
against the CHAOS-BRINGER,
UNICRON. Image

-Transformers: Issue 75-
"ON The Edge of Extinction!"

Looks like I'm:

PaladinPrime: Supporter of the kill all lurkers, and eat them campaign.