[BW,BM] BW megatron and G1 megatron

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
jazz007
Protoform

BW megatron and G1 megatron

Post by jazz007 »

From wat BW megatron said, G1 megatron was the greatest leader in decepticon history.
Now, after watching BW and BM, do u tink Bw megatron is as good as G1 megatron in terms of cunning, intelligence, scheming, firepower... and if better, replace G1 megatron and became the greatest leader in decepticon history....

personally i feel thay BW megatron is as good as G1 megatron or even better... cus he did many things that G1 megatron didnt do... having great plans like changing cybertron into a total technical planet. he is even more ambitious than G1 megatron.
Viewfind

Post by Viewfind »

bw megatron actually did stuff even took over cybertron and he used his traitors to get the uper hand, he was just brilliant

g1 megatron was a fool, he let his man walk all over him
Sades

Post by Sades »

G1 Megs was worse than Starscream... though I think both Megatrons were equally ambitious. The difference here is that BW Megs actually used his head, and his henchmen, effectively... and he also had a few nifty catchphrases. Yesssssss.
This is my signature. My wasted space. My little corner. You can't have it. It's mine. I can write whatever I want. And I have!
Grimlock

Post by Grimlock »

BW Megatron = Best. Leader. Ever.
"Among those fans there's at least one guy for whom you're a hero. He saved money to see you! That's what I did. I played for that guy." - Bruce Springsteen (1987)
Death's Head
Protoform

Post by Death's Head »

Well G1 Megatron is named after BW Megatron.......
SMITH
Portfolio | Blog | Freelance Agent Brompton Rhodes - Guns, Girls and Gorillas!
Wolfang

Post by Wolfang »

Sorry Death's Head, it doesn't work that way. The Maximals and Predacons are descendants of the Autobots and Decepticons who came to earth via transwarp technology about 3.9 million years before G1 began.

As for who is the better Megatron, I'll take BW Megs. He used Tarantulas' and Terrorsaur's scheming to further his goals through subtle manipulation of them. He seemed a little more combat-ready than G1 Megs, and had some cool alt modes.
"I hold to a simple philosophy: assume everyone's a piece of c*** and then be pleasantly surprised if you find people who ain't."
axio
Protoform

Post by axio »

To quote BW Megs: "noooooooooo"
Computron

Post by Computron »

Originally posted by Death's Head
Well G1 Megatron is named after BW Megatron.......

Not necesarrily, G1 Megatron took his name from the Covenant of Primus and that was based on the events of Bw Megatron

--Compy
I support a ban on powerposting
Starscreamsghost

Post by Starscreamsghost »

Originally posted by Wolfang
He seemed a little more combat-ready than G1 Megs

I don't know about all that....I'll favor BW Megs in just about every category of comparison between the two, but G1 Megatron was nothing if not perfectly constructed for battle...whilst just about any Maximal could take out BW Megatron if his timing was right, the G1 article was untouchable to just about everyone but Prime...
jazz007
Protoform

Post by jazz007 »

Originally posted by Computron
Not necesarrily, G1 Megatron took his name from the Covenant of Primus

--Compy

May i noe where u got this source from? cus i remember there seems to be some pre-transformers history, like wat optimus prime does before he became leader and etc..
stasispod
Protoform

Post by stasispod »

yes, BW Meg was good... and funny too....

in one of the episodes, he did an evil laugh, then coughed...

yessssss... :D
Blues Clues
Protoform

Post by Blues Clues »

G1 megs was more malevolent, where as BW megs was more cunning.

G1 megs had a cooler laugh (not that this makes any difference to his greatness), BW megs had alot of good one-liners ...

BA: why do you always talk to yourself?
Megs: I have a thing for intelligent conversations

(or something along those lines)
Sixswitch

Post by Sixswitch »

BW Megs rules everything. Yessss.

He's funny, cunning, vicious, and evil all rolled into one. Kinda like MiniMe.

-Ss
I found God. Then I lost him. He'll probably turn up down the back of the sofa someday.
"The early bird gets the worm, but the early worm is ****ed."
"I'm not oppressing you Stan, but you haven't got a womb. Where's the fetus going to gestate? You going to keep it in a box?"
Cyberman

Post by Cyberman »

I think both Megatrons are great. G1 Megs surely was more evil(though I have not yet seen BW or all of BM), but he suffered from being created a long time ago(I mean the toy/character), so his character was made in the style of the time back then. Megatron and Optimus Prime were the typical villain/hero - the villain will always fail no matter how good the idea was.
Megatron #1
Protoform

Post by Megatron #1 »

G1 Megatron because that is where BW Megatron got his name. G1 Megatron did control Cybertron for a while. The G1 tfs were stronger and better.
Sonicron
Protoform

Post by Sonicron »

I liked BW Megatron way better that the G1 Megs. He was not just a brute fighter but also used his head more often..... he said it about all in one of these many episodes. *quote* Ahh yes, spiders spin their webs..... but I spin them larger. *quote end*
that was about the coolest line he ever said. :eek: :cool:
"I'm not as think as you drunk I am, honesst, ossifer !!"
HotRodAJH
Protoform

Post by HotRodAJH »

I must say that I agree with who ever said that Megatron (G1) was a perfect war machine. He was the most powerful decepticon ever. His fusion cannon was unbeatable. But Megatron conqured Cybertron by pure brute force and almost crushed the autobots completely. BM/BW Megatron could only do such a task when Primal was not there to oppose him. Plus BM/BW Megatron was no where near as durable as G1 Megatron. "I still function." Infact he only "died" when Unicron reformated him. On the other hand Primal took his Megatron out with his own death. "You Optimuses do love to sacrifice yourselves." So I must take a middle of the road responce and say they are great in their own right. But if I must pick one...I'll stick with G1 Megatron...but not by much.
"One shall stand, one shall fall."
E Nice
Protoform

Post by E Nice »

Not sure he actually died in Unicron's refromating. Out of all tf the new Decepticons Megatron seems like the only one who still continued his essence via Galvatron. The others seemed like new bot minds put into recycled bodies.
HotRodAJH
Protoform

Post by HotRodAJH »

I would agree except after the movie Galvatron became grossly incompatent. He just didn't have the same zeal as Meagatron did.
"One shall stand, one shall fall."
Cyberman

Post by Cyberman »

Originally posted by HotRodAJH
I would agree except after the movie Galvatron became grossly incompatent. He just didn't have the same zeal as Meagatron did.

That´s because he became insane. It´s either because he was thrown in a lava pit(post movie, cartoon) or because he activated his time jump device(name?) too fast and travelled back in time to earth, falling from the outer rim of the atmosphere down(comic).
In either case, the heat didn´t really do him any good.