TF:TM DVD

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Fiend138
Protoform

TF:TM DVD

Post by Fiend138 » Sat Jan 05, 2002 10:06 am

hey, i know that one of the vhs versions of tftm on vhs is edited and was wondering if anyone could tell me if the same was true for the dvds and if not what differences there are between the two versions

Auntie Slag
Custom Title: Satisfaction guaranteed!

Post by Auntie Slag » Sat Jan 05, 2002 12:11 pm

Edited?

Hmmm, I didn't know about that. I have my original copy that I got for Christmas back in 1987, and I have a £4.99 copy that I bought from Sainsbury's about a year or so ago. The new version has an awful cover that looks a bit like it was drawn by a child. However, I haven't noticed any difference between the two actual tapes.

The DVD has some extra's on it, depending upon whether you buy the Region 1 or Region 2 version. And the sound is Dolby I think, with the colours a bit spruced up. In other words, Hot Rod is actually a cool looking red, rather than the pinky red that he is in the VHS versions, so sayeth my mate Powerglide, who posts very very infrequently at these here pages.

Regards,
Windcharger

------------------

Denyer
Custom Title: Shooty Dog Thing

Post by Denyer » Sat Jan 05, 2002 12:48 pm

VHS-wise:

There's the UK Kid Rhino video, which doesn't contain Spike's expletive... and there's the Maverick VHS recently re-released which has a Japanese Headmasters episode as a bonus and (I think) also has it edited out, since it's a classification. Both have the UK scrolltext.

The Canadian DVD has the swear-word, and is the original US print (no scrolltext.) The Rhino one is the same, only with "remastered" (digitally cleaned) video, 5:1 sound, storyboards and other extras. There's also a Chinese DVD knocking around which has an English audio track, but I don't think it has any extras.

The Maverick UK DVD (just released) is the Rhino 5:1 sound, an original film print... hence it has the scrolltext AND Spike's line, making it an odd hybrid which I rather like. It also has the Japanese episode, a widescreen trailer, and some other stuff which isn't very interesting.

Maverick tape for order here:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASI ... 61-5094249

DVD:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASI ... 61-5094249

Places such as Blackstar also carry it, as do some branches of HMV, Tower Records, etc.

------------------

Check out my collection & trade list and other TF stuff @ denyer.cjb.net!
Later, when I was hanging from the tree... — Bill Hicks

Mirage

Post by Mirage » Sat Jan 05, 2002 6:31 pm

I'm too tired to answer the question but I just had to comment, cool Username - Fiend138, I presume you are a Misfits fan?

------------------
-------------

"Hail to the king, baby"

-------------

"Went to a party, I danced all night, I drank sixteen beers and I started up a fight. But now I'm jaded, you're outta luck, well I'm rollin' down the stairs too drunk to f*ck" - Dead Kennedys, Too Drunk To F*ck