[JTF] Master Force Questions

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Omega_Scourge
Protoform

Master Force Questions

Post by Omega_Scourge »

I just finished watching headmasters and likes it a lot. But before I get Masterforce I wanted to ask A few questions, since I don't really have downloading capabilities I have to buy vcd sets so I want to make sure I will like the series. So here are my questions:

compared to headmasters how does Masterforce stack up?

Is Sixshot in masterforce?

How many episodes are in masterforce?

Thanks for your time
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

Masterforce is "different." A lot of people hate it, I personally enjoyed it.

There are 42 eps, iirc. And no, Sixshot isn't in it. Although the evil dubs do call Sixknight "Sixshot."
Capt
Protoform

Post by Capt »

EVIL DUBS!!!!!1111
god, I wish someone would upload some subbed versions.
Am I the only one who thinks Zee...sorry, Devil Z sounds more like a Kevin than an evil entity?
(Yes, Kevin...that's the name that popped into my head when I first heard him speak)
The Japanese version of him sounds very evil (granted I couldn't even make out a single syllabel, but he still sounded evil)
Capt
Abusing the English written language since the 1980s
Omega_Scourge
Protoform

Post by Omega_Scourge »

Are there any of the charcters from G1 or Headmasters carried over to masterforce? Or are all of the charcters new?
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

There's one scene during Black Zarak's journey to Earth where we see cameo's of earlier characters (Rodimus and Abominus spring to mind).

And Black Zarak is basically a new transtector built by Scorponok to replace Mega Zarak. Though we never see Scorpy.

And as regarding characters from G1. Masterforce is part of Gen 1.
Capt
Protoform

Post by Capt »

Chromedome also makes a brief appearance when the Headmaster Jrs are given their bracelets and transtector bodies
Capt
Risk
Protoform

Post by Risk »

Master Force has a lot of humans in it, so if you hate humans, I wouldnt recommend it. Victory is the best out of HM, MF & VIC.
God Of Gamblers
Omega_Scourge
Protoform

Post by Omega_Scourge »

Can You get Victory subbed or Dubbed? If so is the dubbing just as bad as Headmasters?
Risk
Protoform

Post by Risk »

Dubbed but they get better.
God Of Gamblers
Ravage_mk2
Protoform

Post by Ravage_mk2 »

Originally posted by Risk
Dubbed but they get better.
ESPECIALLY since they dont have any US names to use(apart from Prime that is)
Risk
Protoform

Post by Risk »

Dont they refer to him as the commander half the time?
God Of Gamblers
Sixswitch

Post by Sixswitch »

Might as well tag my question on to here.

First off, I loved my first episode of Masterforce. It was quite 'dark' considering that it was Transformers. Zombies rising from the seas and pyramids, the Destron pretenders really did look eerie, and when Siren lost his father (What's Siren's proper name? Cab?), I thought, even though it was a dub, the effect was nice and atmospheric.

Anyway, on to my question.

The Cybertron pretenders had two pretender 'uniforms', their normal earth ones, and the 'battle armour' (for the sake of arguement). Now, I didn't quite get the point of the battle armour. Was it just to make the cartoon characters look more like the toys, or was there another reason behind it?

Second one. Those robotic crabs and stuff.... Seacon clones?

Thanks in advance.

-Ss
I found God. Then I lost him. He'll probably turn up down the back of the sofa someday.
"The early bird gets the worm, but the early worm is ****ed."
"I'm not oppressing you Stan, but you haven't got a womb. Where's the fetus going to gestate? You going to keep it in a box?"
Osku
Protoform

Post by Osku »

Originally posted by Sixswitch
The Cybertron pretenders had two pretender 'uniforms', their normal earth ones, and the 'battle armour' (for the sake of arguement). Now, I didn't quite get the point of the battle armour. Was it just to make the cartoon characters look more like the toys, or was there another reason behind it?

Second one. Those robotic crabs and stuff.... Seacon clones?
-Ss

Shuta = Siren (recoloured)
Cab = Hosehead
Minerva = Nightbeat (recoloured)

About pretenders. It seems to be a battle armor to protect more vulnerable parts of their human disguise. Someone correct me, if I´m wrong.

Smaller seacons are drones -> cannon food. Only Turtlar (Snap Trap) is sentient.
Ultra GodMagnus
Protoform

Masterforce

Post by Ultra GodMagnus »

I personally think that Masterforce was the best series out of all the japanese ones, So I would definately get it if i had the chance, even if its bad dubbing.

Masterforce is great in the sense that it envolves humans in it and makes the show more realistic in a way that transformers arent in their own world even when there are humans on it!

it may seem a bit powerangerish, but when you watch it its far from it. The action sequences are incredible, Its done in an incredible anime fashion, And the transforming faces are highly emphasized. Plus its a good way to see power master optimus prime in action!!!

the dubbing is really bad to warn you tho, every other curse word is "animal"

and the music is horribly oveerlayed and sometimes even missing.

the animatino and action will compensate for that i guarantee

42 episodes, And insted of sixshot they introduce a new 6 changer called greatshot, the plot is continuous tho and there arent many plot holes!

-Ultra GodMagnus
Consistency is victory
Capt
Protoform

Re: Masterforce

Post by Capt »

Originally posted by Ultra GodMagnus
Plus its a good way to see power master optimus prime in action!!!
!!!!!
did you just say that?!
42 episodes, And insted of sixshot they introduce a new 6 changer called greatshot, the plot is continuous tho and there arent many plot holes!

the six changer was called Six-Knight, which they insisted on calling Six-Shot in the dub...
Capt
Risk
Protoform

Post by Risk »

Well I suppose everyone is entitled to their own opinion.
God Of Gamblers
Ultra GodMagnus
Protoform

Re: Re: Masterforce

Originally posted by Capt
!!!!!
did you just say that?!

Yea .. oh wait sorry i meant super ginrai

laff :D

we all know that optimus prime would do better with a power master, @ least ginrai has some attitude and isnt so "REMEMBER THE LAW" ish bleh

:D
Originally posted by Capt

the six changer was called Six-Knight, which they insisted on calling Six-Shot in the dub...

Yeah oops greatshot is from victory my bad, soo many sixchangers, greatshot is actually just a recolor of sixshot, but tehy all are seperate characters with no relevance, its pretty funny how they insist on calling similar characters by incorrect names, it just makes things more confusing.

So Yeah Masterforce is pretty cool a nice twist to transformers, with probably the best action sequences, (exception of victory) and emphasized transformation sequences. And a human twist which gives a bit more zing to the plot!

"Me grimlock noallabout wipers, want to hear good part of story"

-GODMAGNUS
Consistency is victory
ProckoZero
Protoform

Post by ProckoZero »

Wow...after watching a couple Masterforce episodes...wow....maybe it's just me...but they seem just sooooo baaaad. Wow.

"Someone may beat me, but they are going to have to bleed to do it."
Ultra GodMagnus
Protoform

Originally posted by ProckoZero
Wow...after watching a couple Masterforce episodes...wow....maybe it's just me...but they seem just sooooo baaaad. Wow.

:confused: ... its probably just you :D

cup of tea anyone?

"I dont know but... I think that cloud just passed over us harmlessly"
Consistency is victory
updatedude
Protoform

Post by updatedude »

From Headmaster to Masterforce to Victory, I'd say it gets better and better.

So yeah, I think Masterforce is better than Headmaster. I'm basing all this on the dub I saw years back though, so I'll be calling the TFs their names there.

How do they stack up? Hmm, well, let's talk Masterforce, since you've seen Headmaster already.

Masterforce probably has some of the better action sequences in the franchise. The dubbing is far better than in Headmaster I feel. And while it doesn't get as personable as the rivalry between Chromedome and Sixshot in Headmaster, it does have a 'make its own mark' feel to things.

The first part of Masterforce is okay-ish. It focuses on the Pretenders though, so it might not be everyone's cup of tea, on account of the Pretenders not being very Transformy. But aside from that, it was quite decent.

After some episodes, things shift focus more and more to the Junior Headmasters. Even as a kid, I didn't like kids on TV, so, while it wasn't too bad, it wasn't too good either. Also, starting with the Junior Headmasters, humans take more precedence in the series (I accept/pretend the Pretenders as TFs who pretend to be humans).

Then comes the Powermasters, starting with Darkwing and Dreadwind. And things start to really pick up. Finally, the focus shifts to Optimus Prime, until the series comes to an end.

Overall, I thought Masterforce was average, but a final dash at the end bumps it up to fairly good. Of course, I didn't like Headmaster too much (save for the Sixshot/Chromedome/and yes, Daniel 'feud'). So, if you like Headmasters, you might well enjoy Masterforce, though take into consideration that Masterforce isn't on as grand a scale as Headmaster.

And yeah, Sixshot is in Masterforce, in name. He's actually an okay cameo character, who gets better and better each time he appears. He's not given nearly the development as in Headmaster, but hey, new series, new stars.

I would recommend Masterforce. I think it's worth the watch.