What do people want to see? Chat, etc.

Working area for reviews.

Moderators: Skyquake87, ganon578

mAgic rAt
Protoform

Post by mAgic rAt »

So I just write 'm for the manically concerned with G1, like meself..

No really, I think that the most important thing their informative, second they have I nice personal touch to it, cause most people red 'm for fun as well as for collectors purposes. (hmm...that sentence might imply that collecting isn't fun...well whatever):wtf:

Í mean, all G1 have bad posability, and all G1 is kinda cool in itself trough nostalgia and because they were on TV. So, review's would be boring without any personal storylines to it.

I mean, A.SLag's Wreck-gar review is much cooler because their's o short personal anekdote attached. On the other hand, this doens't serve any "official" archive purposes, nor is the anekdote unbiased.
And as far as length, I use a simple rule. If it is so long that I wouldn't want to read through the whole thing, it's too long.

Nah, really...I tried to write short and objective, but I would read ANY G1 review(actually I Already did)....but dunno how other people feel...

Guess I just keep going at it till the server crams :D

I guess I use the boxart i found in Transformer.net for Beachcombers then...

thx!
Peace & vegetable rights!
mAgic rAt
Protoform

boxart Beachcobmer

Post by mAgic rAt »

This one..

found on transformers.net

If ya don'wanna use it

is ok with me. Just that you have it if you want.

CU
Clay

You guys are being productive little buggers!

Post by Clay »

...and right at the time of the semester when I'm busiest, too :)

If I seem a little slow with proofing/editing, it's because of the school schedule at the moment. But, don't hesitate to write reviews in the meantime! I'm getting through them one at a time whenever I have a moment.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

And after the last rather busy week, I'll try to get to toy reviews ASAP. Provided my PSU fan doesn't give up the ghost completely -- unfortunately, this isn't helped by everywhere I'd get a replacement from being stymied by the Easter postal service. So far it's hanging in, though.
mAgic rAt
Protoform

Post by mAgic rAt »

:smokin:

Dunno what happened....but there's a guy standing next to me pointing Swindle's oversized gun at me saying I should write reviews night-and-day.

Funny How much you can tell about such little bots...:sweatdrop
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Originally posted by mAgic rAt
...uuhhh and second...where do all you guys get the pics from. I mean, my little beachcomber is kinda worn out. The blue buddy here is about 22 years old....
At some point (i.e. when I unpack various things) I can supply pics... mine's in pretty good condition.

Box art pics are art from the packaging (in which case Botch's scans generally get used) and/or a pic of the toy in packaging taken by the reviewer -- whatever looks good, really.
mAgic rAt
Protoform

Post by mAgic rAt »

Well, that's kinda problem then for me.

You know, I'm not really a collector. I just have some toys I already have I very long time and kept on display for twenty years.

I always felt that there has never been a cartoon and a toyline as intriguing as TF. And so I'm still really fond of the cartoons, of the toys and of the universe of TF. And still marvelling at how well these things have aged, espacially the pre-movie toys.

and/or a pic of the toy in packaging taken by the reviewer -- whatever looks good, really.
Thus, unpacking, usually happened twenty-so years ago...
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Originally posted by mAgic rAt
You know, I'm not really a collector. I just have some toys I already have I very long time and kept on display for twenty years.
I'm the same. I don't own a single thing MIB. We're not expecting in-packaging pics for the older stuff -- most of the reviews have the boxart. :)
Sir Auros

Post by Sir Auros »

The reason I went for the shots of the packaging itself on the newer stuff was mainly because that was just easier than trying to scan the boxart of the figure. It's really better to have the drawn art than a whole picture of the box anyway.
Clay

Post by Clay »

Is anyone going to tackle the Minicon two-packs or the rest of the Legends of Cybertron (or whatever they're called)?

I've got them all, but I've been in a bad habit of not writing frequently enough to get around to it. Hopefully after finals finish this week I'll have a renewed zest...
DDM
Protoform

Post by DDM »

Originally posted by Clay
Is anyone going to tackle the Minicon two-packs or the rest of the Legends of Cybertron (or whatever they're called)?

I've got them all, but I've been in a bad habit of not writing frequently enough to get around to it. Hopefully after finals finish this week I'll have a renewed zest...

The cybertron Minicon sets?

I have them all aswell, but there are only one or two that I'd think about reviewing.

If I do them, do I do both of them in the same review?
ravimus prime
Protoform

Post by ravimus prime »

Alternators Optimus prime. I'd like to see a review of him, he's generally getting mixed reviews.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Originally posted by DDM
If I do them, do I do both of them in the same review?
If they're the "versus" sets, yeah. :)

Right... batch uploaded. I'll go through at some point in future and wire in tech spec numbers, profile art and stray images, but that's the bulk of the task done.

Luke, you gonna take those Alternators photos?
Clay

Post by Clay »

spotlight template attached
Attachments
reviews.txt
(799 Bytes) Downloaded 458 times
Tetsuro
Protoform
Custom Title: Poe Dameron did nothing wrong

Post by Tetsuro »

I enjoy reading reviewer's personal experience with the toy at hand (I especially enjoyed the little story behind Beachcomber), or just the history of the toy itself in production. However, I did think the review for Universe Railracer was really bloated.

I just bought reissue Star Convoy from ebay and was hoping to write a review of it for tfarchive.

Oh yeah, and this is my first post here. Hi all!
Clay

Post by Clay »

Originally posted by Tetsuro
Oh yeah, and this is my first post here. Hi all!

Welcome! :)

Feel free to write up Star Convoy. Just be sure to claim it here.
Tetsuro
Protoform

Post by Tetsuro »

Hmm, better wait until I actually get the toy...no point of writing a review based on pictures and scans alone. :p

(I just hope no one else claims it before I even get my hands on it)
Clay

Post by Clay »

Originally posted by Tetsuro
Hmm, better wait until I actually get the toy...no point of writing a review based on pictures and scans alone. :p

(I just hope no one else claims it before I even get my hands on it)

It's been out for about nine months now, and we haven't had anyone clamoring to review it so far, so I think you'll be safe. :)

Any ETA?
Tetsuro
Protoform

Post by Tetsuro »

Originally posted by Clay
Any ETA?
Well, according to the seller the shipping should take 5-10 days, so I would say it may take up to three weeks.

I've actually written a body of the review already, I shall make alterations to it if necessary once I receive the toy.
dude851884
Protoform

Re: Reviews I would like to see done.

Post by dude851884 »

An ancient request, but..
Originally posted by Batmanners
Here is a quicklist of what I wouldn't mind seeing done, not that my canuck opinion matters, but here is my quicklist.

Cybertron:

-Red Alert (Euh, not the first one, the new one, with the big rocket my girlfriend likes to play with...j/k)
-Evac
-Mudflap

Also the mold for Blurr seemed familiar (rolls eyes, and remembers Armada Blurr) and Buzzsaw....I believe is the mold from euh...Cyclonus was it?

I did a Buzzsaw review, so if you wanted to see that done... I don't think it's up yet.

I also like playing with the rocket thingy :p
"I suspect there is more here then meets the ear." :)
Peter Sellers in The Pink Panther strikes again.