[Original RPG] The God Gambit Revisited

Look back over the last decade-plus worth of games!
Cryhavoc
Protoform

Post by Cryhavoc »

"That is enough for now." Razorclaw said and gestured his group to continue on their way towards the temple of the Sky God while Divebomb and Rampage took off to the direction where Jero had told the storages to be.

Needless to say... Rampage wasn't very happy being forced to do such boresome labor and made sure that Divebomb didn't miss his complaining.

When the two Predacons finally arrived near the storage, Divebomb was already a nervous wreck... ready to slash at Rampage if the tiger would let one more complain from its mouth. Luckily for Rampage this never happened as his attention was turned to the powercrystals.

"Oooo... shiny..." Divebomb whispered, excitement in his voice.

"Reminds me of human rockvideos..." Rampage thought aloud as he watched light being mirrored from the crystals to every direction possible.

"Should we start working Divebomb?" Rampage asked and received no answer. "Divebomb?"

"Divebomb! Snap out of it!" Rampage roared and slammed his claw against Divebomb's back, causing the eagle to tumble over.

"Huh? What was that for?" Divebomb said angrily and transformed into robot mode. "Hrmph... no sense just standing here... let's finish of what we came to do..."
Quick Switch

Post by Quick Switch »

The Acolytes (on the Predacons instructions) stopped the regular Titanese from working and let them watch the strange animalesque envoys load the Power Crystals in their ship.
Cryhavoc
Protoform

Post by Cryhavoc »

While Rampage and Divebomb were working with loading their shuttle with the powercrystals, Razorclaw, Headstrong and Tantrum were relaxing from their flight within the temple of the Sky God.

"You have to admit that these flesh creatures are fools Mindwipe." Tantrum chuckled in Cybertronian. "Just look at them doing everything we want with no questions..."
Quick Switch

Post by Quick Switch »

Mindwipe leered, still in bat mode- not a pretty sight.

"Blah, indeed," he said.

"Don't be so crude Tantrum," Vorath spoke up from within Mindwipe's head. "These Titanese are valuable allies. I'd love to get a chance to study those Power Crystals...the Autobots should have kept this world when they had the chance."

Jero, performing some incantations, brought forward the little girl touched by Astrotrain. He set her down at Razorclaw's feet.

"Here, O Great Envoy, see the Child who the Sky God touched with his own hand! She is Blessed, truly!"

The little purple skinned girl peered up at the awesome lion with jaw agape, and managed a tiny wave.
Cryhavoc
Protoform

Post by Cryhavoc »

Razorclaw stared at the girl quietly, no emotion visible on his face. Yet from the corner of his optics he was looking at Mindwipe... not at the girl and Jero.

After few seconds had passed, Razorclaw spoke seemingly to the girl... in cybertronian...

"Truely... blessed be the child and the innocence of youth. Unlike this so called priest who believes being more than a mere vassal for the Sky God he so desperately worships." The leader of the Predacons spoke to Mindwipe even though from the point of the Titanese... he was speaking to them.
Quick Switch

Post by Quick Switch »

Mindwipe hissed through his metallic fangs as the eloquence of Razorclaw's speech hit him. Vorath too, was silent- not because he was ignorant; on the contrary, the Nebulan Science Minister was more than passable speaking in Cybertronian- but he too was touched.

Jero, of course, heard gibberish.

"Listen Child! 'Tis the God's Speech!" for that was the old priest's understanding of Cybertronian.

The girl, though not understanding the words, caught the soothing lilt of Razorclaw's first lines of dialogue, and smiled. She liked this big person.

Mindwipe's optics softened; an extraodrinary event, usually the color ranged from light magenta, when Mindwipe was deep in mystic communication or meditation, or bloody vermillion when engaging his formidable hypnotic powers. Now, they became a smooth cherry. On the bat's head, the display was even more surprising.

"Can...can we really destroy this race of poor sentients? Over explosive crystals? There...there must be another way to defeat the Autobots if they arrive.." the Headmaster spoke in Cybertronian to the Predacons.

For once in his life, the hypnotist was troubled. Unlike most Decepticons, the idea of genocide did not appeal to him.
Cryhavoc
Protoform

Post by Cryhavoc »

"Are you getting soft Mindwipe on your old age?" Tantrum grunted. "They are just fleshlings. Just fodder."

"Do we have the right you ask? It depends on the point of view. If you ask Teratron the answer is certainly yes. If you ask that hypocritical piece of junk Optimus Prime... it is no." Razorclaw replied to Mindwipe and turned to look at the bat.

"I am a soldier, a warrior by nature... a Decepticon by mind. I do what I have to do. Even if it means we have to destroy this world in order not to let it to fall to the hands of the enemy. And I do not deny that I enjoy my job. Yet, the people of Titan are not the enemy... they are civilians and in my personal opinion... they do not deserve to be destroyed for being on our way. But on the other hand... We cannot let these crystals to fall to the hands of the Autobots if we wish to survive ourselves." Razorclaw continued.

"Aww... *snort* I am so touched..." Headstrong sobbed...
Quick Switch

Post by Quick Switch »

"Blah!" Mindwipe grunted, waving his wings angrily at Tantrum. "Of course not!"

He listened to Razorclaw.

"Exactly. That is my point. I, too, understand my obligations as a Decepticon...but if there is some way we can save these people...take them off this planet...and somehow blame the destruction of Titan on the Autobots...we already have the Priests behind us...but if we do this, the regular Titanese will help us forever."

Mindwipe's optics glowed as he thought.

"The Autobots would be devestated. What a publicity coup for Astrotrain and Lord Teratron- 'Noble Decepticons saving race of humanoids from greedy Autobots'!"
Cryhavoc
Protoform

Post by Cryhavoc »

"Ah... hahahahah! I like your idea!" Razorclaw chuckled. "The irony... yesss... truely, the Autobots would indeed be devastated by such a turn of the events. One question still remains... how we are to do such a massive operation? Evacuating the people of Titan demands atleast Trypticon here and even he might not be enough."
Quick Switch

Post by Quick Switch »

Mindwipe thought.

"True. Trypticon will have to be detached for this mission...Astrotrain himself might have to oversee this mission, but I doubt he can leave Metrotitan at the moment...wait. The Stunticons aren't doing anything- send them here in a large shuttle, with Trypticon of course, to assist in the operation."

He nodded, sure of it.

"I know it is a large expdentiure of energy and resources, but this will reap divedends. Besides, we already have the Power Crystals...why not take full advantage of the situation? Razorclaw, will you make the call to Astrotrain to detach Trypticon and the Stunticons to Titan?"
Cryhavoc
Protoform

Sorry QS... but I can't think of anything better... I've been on posting frenzy today

Post by Cryhavoc »

"No... you do it. Both Astrotrain and Teratron have more respect for you. It is better to do it that way... I will have Divebomb to prepare the communication systems of our shuttle for you." Razorclaw said and opened comm-link to Divebomb.

>"Razorclaw here. Ready our shuttle's interstellar communications... we need to contact Astrotrain."<

>"Roger that Razorclaw. There! It will be done within less than a breem!< Divebomb responded...
Quick Switch

Post by Quick Switch »

Mindwipe nodded, hopped out of the Temple, and flew off towards the shuttle.
Quick Switch

Post by Quick Switch »

Mindwipe entered the suttle and hopped past Divebomb to the controls.

"Blah, much obliged," he said to the eagle Predacon. Mindwipe transformed to robot mode and began his transmission (encoded, of course) to Metrotitan.

"Commander, this is Mindwipe. We have secured Titan and the Power Crystal mining is proceeding without problems. I wish to request the Stunticons be dispatched to the planet via shuttle, along with Trypticon. Do you copy?"

The bat was afraid to say more...
Cryhavoc
Protoform

Post by Cryhavoc »

"Well?" Divebomb asked from Mindwipe. "Did they agree?"
Quick Switch

Post by Quick Switch »

"I believe so," Mindwipe answered. "Astrotrain just sent a confirmation signal via binary."
Cryhavoc
Protoform

Post by Cryhavoc »

"Heh. Well... I'd assume you are not calling for Trypticon every day Mindwipe." Divebomb chuckled and began walking out of the shuttle.

"By the way... the cargobay is full. I and Rampage are going to get back to our brothers." He spoke and jumped off the shuttle, transformed into his eagle mode and sped off towards the temple of the Sky God.
Quick Switch

Post by Quick Switch »

Mindwipe flapped after the Predacons back to the Temple.
Cryhavoc
Protoform

Post by Cryhavoc »

A warpgate was opened near Titan and after few seconds had passed, an enormous form of a Decepticon battlefortress Trypticon entered the through it, heading for the moon nearby...

Meanwhile within the temple of the Sky God...

"A sensor alert from our shuttle... a spaceship over mile long has entered through a warpgate few thousand miles from Titan." Divebomb said, turning to look at Razorclaw. "The beacon signal is Decepticon one."

A satisfied smile grew on Razorclaw's lion face. "Trypticon. They were faster than we excepted or what do you say Mindwipe? Perhaps it is the time to go and greet our allies..."
Quick Switch

Post by Quick Switch »

The Stunticon shuttle folllowed through Trypticon's warpgate, smoothly gliding toward Titan on impulse power alone.

Dead End had a certain elegance when he was entrusted with a ship's helm...

"I hope we don't get a lot of attention," Breakdown muttered uneasily. "You know how I'm sensitive to that fact."

"Don't remind us!" Wildrider grunted, rubbing his sore spot from the infamous scuffle between the Stunticons a few months back.

"This is Shuttle Smokey, Titan Command," Motormaster rumbled. "No Bandits in pursuit, I repeat: no Bandits."

Mindwipe nodded, still in bat mode.

"Let us away!" and the hypnotist flapped out of the Temple to meet Trypticon and the Stunticons at the landing site.
Cryhavoc
Protoform

Post by Cryhavoc »

"It has been confirmed Razorclaw. Motormaster just contacted us." Divebomb said and looked at his team leader.

"Send them landing coordinates and then head after us and meet us back at our shuttle." Razorclaw commanded and led his Predacons after Mindwipe while Divebomb was left behind to contact Trypticon and the Stunticons with the communication device that he was carrying.

After setting up the transmitter, Divebomb contacted the arriving Decepticons. >"Divebomb to Shuttle Smokey and King 'Con. Proceed in landing to coordinates that are being transmitted to you. We'll meet you there."<