[Original RPG] Transitions: Cybertron

Look back over the last decade-plus worth of games!
Aero Blade

Post by Aero Blade »

Aero Blade had been about ready to ask Shasta about his welding scar when the medic came up, thouroughly distracting him. He never really trusted medics, or anyone with the title 'doctor' tacked onto the front of their names for that matter. When the medic asked him to sit down, he took a step back.

The medic clicked his tounge in thought. Ah yes, another one of this kind of patient... "Come now, lad. I'm not going to hurt you. On the contrary, I want to make sure you're not hurt..." he said, stepping forward.

Aero Blade took another step back. "All the same, I'd rather not."

"It looks like you've seen alot of action judging from the size of that dent. You've bound to have busted something," he tried, attempting to convince him, stepping forward again.

"I've already been looked over, thankyou," Aero Blade responded politely, again stepping away. It was pretty obvious at this point that the quack wasn't going to leave him alone, and Aero Blade was quickly running out of room with so many refugees around to limit space.

"Come on lad. This will only take a moment."

"Don't you have other patients that need more attention than me?"

"You're next in line, and the other medics will get to them..."

The lady medic meanwhile finished up with Dirge. It was a pretty simple injury to fix. "See now, that didn't hurt much, did it?" She looked away from Dirge, noticing the problems her partner was having. She gathered up a few things, getting ready to go over there. "You know him, don't you?" she asked Dirge. "Your help would be very much appreciated, especially with the squeemish kind like him," she said, indicating Aero Blade.
Scout

Post by Scout »

Riptide waited patiently holding Dirge's hand in one of hers as the medic fixed the last of his injuries up. Her other hand however, had been busy trying to nab several small welding scalpels and other tools from the medic's toolbox. She slipped the hand back out as the medic finished and then slid behind Dirge entirely as the second medic came over. \
Cyberrats. Those would've gotten lots of energon chips, she thought silently to herself as she peeked out from behind the seeker.

Shasta found himself suddenly alone. He looked around with a bit of confusion and then blinked.
I'm at shutdown time. It had been a busy day for the young transformer, and with the energon boost to his systems, they were signaling him that it was time to rest and recharge. He looked around, and noticed the tables with the recovering transformers that the medics had fixed lying on them. Without hesitation, he crawled up on the nearest one, which held a green transformer with an autobot symbol on his arm. Moments later, he was offline.

Hound was only vaguely aware that someone was moving behind him as he lay on the recovery table.
Must've had more damage than I thought- medics are still working. He closed his optics and continued resting to let his internal repairs complete.

Lying still and semi-offline in the stasis chamber had given Mirage's systems an opportunity to begin getting an advantage on the disease. The glow was fading, and the red foam had begun drying and was crumbling away from his body in red and brittle flakes. His brething was easy and controlled, and his body began to look more relaxed as the systems unlocked and his body temperature returned to a normal state.
Quick Switch

Post by Quick Switch »

Dirge opened his optics as the medic stepped away and finished up.

The operation was over. Trembling slightly in relief, Dirge nodded.

"All right- I'll help."

Dirge moved to stand, and found that Riptide really was holding on to his hand. Maybe it was the earlier stress of nearly dying, or finding out Galvatron's imminent return- or the subsequent escape onboard Jetfire.

In any case, Dirge was profoundly moved by Riptide's actions.

"T-thanks, Riptide," the blue jet said, wiping away lubricant fluid from his optics. "Don't go away now, OK?" Dirge gave the little femme's hand another squeeze, patted her head with his other hand, then turned away.

"Aero Blade- are we going to have to make this difficult? If I could take it, so can you! I always heard Autobots had better thresholds of pain. Don't want to prove me wrong do you?" The jet was smiling, moving over towards Aero Blade's position.

I can do this. Helping out- sure!

Quick Switch finally was making progress (with Trailbreaker in tow) toward the command area.

"I don't like it," the Six Changer muttered to Trailbreaker. "I don't like this at all. Why hasn't Optimus called a staff meeting yet?"

"What?!?!"

The frenzied cry rang out in the laboratory. It had a distinct simian quality.

"Nononononono!" Primacron howled, slamming his fists into one of the work consoles which kept track of the number of infected Transformers.

Mindwipe, still standing behind Primacron asked-

"Blah- what- what is it?"

Primacron wheeled on the Headmaster, eyes blazing.

"My wonderous Hate Plague is- is coming apart!!"

"How could you possible know that?" Mindwipe quiried.

"The first subject infected carries a tracking device inherent in his infection strain! I call it the 'Beacon Effect'." Primacron still preened, even as he was wringing his hands. Had that fool Swafford created a tracking device in his version of the Hate Plague? Of course not! He was an mere human!

Primacron was more than a human. He was the most brilliant scientist/engineeer/robotocist/biologist in the universe!

I'm more than that. I'm a GOD working among mortals. HEHEHEHHE!

The Inquisitor glided into the room.

"Primacron," he rumbled. "His Imperial Magistrate would like an update on the Hate-"

Primacron wheeled on the haughty question asker, bunched his fists, and screamed.

Mindwipe covered his ears.

It was going to be one of those days.
Aero Blade

Post by Aero Blade »

Aero Blade kept putting an equal amount of space between himself and the slowly advancing medic, but he was running out of verbal counters as well, and there was only so much room between himself and the other refugees which he didn't want to disturb. When the lady medic finally came over, she went around the other side, blocking that angle of escape. Aero Blade was going to start in the other direction, but then he saw Dirge in the way.

Slag it... Aero Blade thought. He was going to try to look for another way to get away without making a scene, but he paused to hear what Dirge was saying. "This doesn't have anything to do with pain...-ack!"

That one moment of distraction was all the guy medic needed to secure Aero Blade. With a firm but unhurting grip on his arm and the back of his neck, the medic guided the younger transformer back over to the original spot. "Now this won't take very long at all," He told Aero Blade in the typical cheerful medical tone.

Stratus meanwhile had started to make a fuss. He almost attacked the Medic's hands, but Aero Blade reached up and actually had to drag the resisting minicon off his shoulder. Stratus protested in low chirps in minicon language, but Aero Blade had the minicon secured in his arms where he couldn't cause trouble for anyone, much to Stratus's displeasure.

The medic igorned the minicon, guiding Aero Blade to sit down on a crate near Hound and beconed for Dirge to come over. "If you don't mind, could you please just hold his shoulders?" The medic asked, motioning behind Aero Blade. "I don't know what their anxieties are, but patients like him have a tendancy to bolt, despite the fact that this is just a simple physical examination. After that we'll have another look to see how your other friend is doing," he explained. Meanwhile, his parter was gathering some equipment for the exam.
Quick Switch

Post by Quick Switch »

"All right," Dirge nodded, moving over and holding Aero Blade's shoulders at about arm's length. "Hope this helps."

"Bad news, boys," Dark Guardian Commander Maelstrom terminated his comm feed, and addressed the CES, who were seated in the rubble of a once-bustling city. "We've been called off the hunt."

"What do you mean-" Deathbringer began-

"-called off the hunt?" Mercykiller finished. Both twin units looked pensive. And eager to kill.

"Thisss clossse to Iacon?" Pyre spewed smoke with each word.

"That does not compute," Cenotaph rumbled.

"Bah!" Terminus groused. "Deployed, detained, deployed, detained! Always the same vicious cycle!"

Maelstrom sat himself on a former town hall, doing the Dark Guardian equivalent of a shrug.

"Boo hoo," Maelstrom's fiendish optics looked out at Iacon only a few yards away. His mouth was twisted into a thin frown. His optics glowed malovelently- "boo hoo, indeed."
Scout

Post by Scout »

"I'm... not sure, Quick Switch." Trailbreaker replied hesitantly. "I hope he found Mirage okay. But we need to go, and you really should get that shot looked at Chief." The normally happy look had been replaced with a dark and concerned expression.
"I don't know why those three caused trouble rather than going to board, but something's up. At any rate, we should board now. Channels are open between the ships, and most shuttles have already taken off according to this report."

Riptide looked at the small squirming minicon in Aero Blade's arms and then wrinkled her nose.
Little eyes are big troubles. That's what the buyers said when they looked at us afore. Can't let those little ones watch us."
She looked around for her twin, and with a bit of surprise, saw him stretched out in back of Hound. Comettor was on the other side moving from table to table making certain the medics were getting the supplies and energon they needed.
"Shasta's not awake. Hmm. Those other robots are off too. Maybe they have good stuffs with them."
Carefully and quietly she began working her way over toward the tables.
Aero Blade

Post by Aero Blade »

Aero Blade sighed, giving up and letting the medic do his job. Dirge's presence behind him didn't bother him; it actually seemed to keep him calmer. If it had been the other medic, though, it might have been otherwise.

"Just who are you guys?" Aero Blade finally asked, sounding exasperated.

"Dr. Crosscut," the medic answered, not once stopping in his examination. Hearing the 'docter' part once again made Aero Blad shudder. "And my associate, Patch," he added, indicating the lady medic with a nod of the head.

"I hope this doesn't take much longer," He muttered under his breath.

"Only if you make trouble," Crosscut replied.

In Aero Blade's arms, Stratus was still squirming, but it was in a different way, but Aero Blade still wasnt going to let him go. "You're not going to bother the medics," Aero Blade told him.

"I don't want to bother them!! I want to have a look at the other youngling!" Stratus piped in minicon, still trying to squirm out of his grip. Aero Blade sighed, finally letting go of Stratus.

"You best not make trouble," He warned the minicon.

Quite the contrary... Stratus thought, flying over towards Riptide. He hovered close to her in robot mode, making his presence obvious, but still staying out of her reach. He'd seen her doing something suspicious, and he wanted to keep an eye on her. It didn't look as though anyone else was...
Cryhavoc
Protoform

Post by Cryhavoc »

Black Zarak manouvered himself next to the equally large Decepticon city known as Metrotitan and opened a comm-line to the Decepticon command.

>>"This is Black Zarak reporting in. Evacuation of Tarn was a success."
Quick Switch

Post by Quick Switch »

"You're right, Trailbreaker," Quick Switch sighed, haggard. "If you'd be so kind...lead on." Suddenly he felt rather weak. Maybe he'd lost more fluid than originally estimated.

You're back on my radar screen Prowl. You don't want to be there. And don't think I've forgotten about your repugnant friend either.

"Acknoweldged," an Alpha Drone communicator replied to Black Zarak.

Dirge listened to the discussion between Aero Blade, Stratus and the medics.

"I'm assuming you both knew that old sawgirders, Ratchet?" the jet asked.
Ravage_mk2
Protoform

Post by Ravage_mk2 »

Talon had manged to turn the tide of the game in his favor, at least for now. Rally took it very well, considering she just lost her strongest monster. You had luck with drawing that Swords of Revealing light. It prevented me from attacking long enough for you to summon Buster Blader and take out my Blue Eyes. But just you wait, I've got a surprise in store for you she thought as she looked at her hand. In her hand she had what would be a great problem if she played them: 2 Blue Eyes White Dragon, 1 Polymerization, 1 Monster Reborn and a small creature that she placed face down in defense mode. Bandit could see Rally's hand and felt sorry for Talon, he knew exactly what Rally was planning to unleash, and it wouldn't be pretty..
Bombshell

Post by Bombshell »

Darkwing, with Dreadwind following, burst into the command center, and made a beeline to Astrotrain.

"Yo, 'Train," he said. "Mind explaining a few things to me?"
Scout

Post by Scout »

"Cyberrats. It's watching me." Riptide glanced up at Stratus uncertainly and then smiled a rather innocent smile before glancing around again. Shasta was asleep, he'd be no help for a distraction. Riptide ambled over to a table with another minicon sprawled out on it. She studied it as a medic sat hunched over working on the little body.
She forgot about the rest of the ship as felt sorry for it. The little minicon's body was almost entirely crunched and collapsed, it's face frozen in a twisted moment of an agonizing death.
She watched quietly for a moment, then asked, "Did someone step on that one?"

The medic shook his head but didn't look up as he worked. "This is the doing of a Decepticon named Thunderwing. Thunderwing crushed this minicon in his hands from what I understand. But- I think I can fix him, given enough time."

Riptide frowned. "Maybe bad Thunderwing should be crushed."

"Oh, he'll get what's coming to him soon enough I think. I'm sure of that. Now, run along so I can work."

Run? Run where? Riptide looked around at the filled cargo area. I'm bored, she thought to herself.
Quick Switch

Post by Quick Switch »

Astrotrain paused in his briefing to Galvatron in the command center at the disturbance of the Powermasters.

"Forgive me, my Lord- let me deal with this...situation," the heavily flanged Triple Changer's voice hardened into disdain. The Metrodrone retainers immediately wore scowls.

Astrotrain turned, placing his hands behind his back.

"I might attempt it," he said acidly, "but Lord Galvatron is present, so I would remind you to keep your questions brief. I am in the process of debriefing him."

"And so, ladies and gentelbots...realizing my fullest potential as a peer...was difficult. But then I realized- I have a destiny to fufill as an aristocrat. Not only that...the concept of noblesse oblige comes into play."

Thunderwing sprawled luxuriously in his rather well-furnished cell in Metrotitan's brig. A rapt audience of Alpha and Metrodrones (about twenty) listened to the Decepticon Pretender, his de facto guards- posted by Astrotrain. The two had yet to meet face to face.

"So," Thunderwing sighed dramaticlally, flicking off non-existent dust from his immaculate Pretender shell, "I came to realize that a high order was needed for the Transformers race...not constrained by faction, you understand...no. Instead, re-forged through the fires of chaos...to be re-defined through a new sense of order. A New Order. My order." Smile, pause.

The audience was spellbound.

"Of course I thought the Matrices were mere...shamanistic objects...an old 'fetish' as the Earthen Indian totem animals were called. I always believed the Matrices held a higher key to our robotic civilization...and I believed they would be the key to establishing my meritocracy..." Thunderwing shrugged, all smiles.

"So imagine my surprise when the Chaos Matrix was actually infused with the essence of a god!"

The Metro/Alpha drone audience gasped appreciably.

"Well," Thunderwing sagged, the picture of the haggard martyr, "I knew I could do little in the deepest, firmest parts of my Central Processing Unit-" here Thunderwing pressed his hands to his Pretender chest- "to resist the foul god. Unicron, I believe the plague's name was. I was a tool- an, ah, avatar, yes...for Unicron's twisted plans of anihilation...rather bad spot of luck, what?"

The guards nodded.

"But," Thunderwing raised an index finger, expression brightening in a mixture of revelation and grave dignity, "know this ladies and gentelbots...I, Thunderwing, Pretender Lord, have always been...and shall always be...loyal to the Decepticon cause." Thunderwing stood, the picture of elegant grace and extended his other arm in a crisp salute, head bowed with humiltiy-

"Hail Galvatron!"

The guards thought that was meritorious of a standing ovation, and left the cell in short order to give the great Noble space.

They did not see the gleam within a gleam of Thunderwing's robotic optics filtered through his wonderfully defined Pretender ones. And his sneer.

But the cameras in his cell did. The speech was on its way to Astrotrain's database.

Metrotitan labled it "Priority One". The city believed it would make most interesting viewing for Astrotrain.
AngelOfDeath124
Protoform

Post by AngelOfDeath124 »

Adeara remained standing off to one side of the tiny group, being very respectful of Galvatron. Until he acknowledges her, she would remain silent. Too ingrained in her people's honor and discipline, she knew she would have to work on that... The other Transformer who arrived with him bore an Autobot insignia, though no one made a move to arrest him or destroy him. Astrotrain spoke breifly with him, Grimlock, she thought she heard him called.

StarBlade had been wandering Metrotitan looking for Adeara. Finally, fed up with looking, she stopped a Drone and asked for Adeara's location. After several moments, she got the response of, "Shuttle bay 1." Actually thanking the Drone, StarBlade headed for shuttle bay 1....
Lord Zarak

Post by Lord Zarak »

Shockwave set off from his station to the command area. Knowing that Galvatron had returned, he wanted to know what was exactly happening.

Looking at Darkwing, Dreadwind said
"I told you this would happen."
Bombshell

Post by Bombshell »

"You say a lot," Darkwing said to Dreadwind. "And that's your problem."

Turning back to Astrotrain, he said, "Mind telling me why you ordered us to go out and attack the Quints, if all this time you planned to retreat from them?"
Lord Zarak

Post by Lord Zarak »

Dreadwind looked again at Darkwing and closed his optics.
"Oh Primus, why was I ever partnered with him?." He looked at Astrotrain
"Please, commander, forgive Darkwings inane ramblings. He wishes no disrespect towards you or Galvatron. He just wants to know why your orders contradicted your actions. After all, we are warriors, and want to die with honour, not dishonour through a misunderstanding."
Bombshell

Post by Bombshell »

Darkwing glared at Dreadwind.

"Yeah," he said. "That's what I meant."
StoneCold Skywarp
Custom Title: Best Served Chilled

Post by StoneCold Skywarp »

"Insolent fools, I have far more pressing matters to attend to than the prattling of two piles of junk like you. If your questions are deemed important then they will be dealt with in due course by sub-commander Astrotrain. Now? If there is nothing more I trust you will get out of my view before I remove you."

Galvatron stood for a moment...

"Now, Astrotrain, if you would forgive the interuption, continue."

Grimlock still hadn't spoken, though he had made note of the squishie following the group and fully intended to mock Galvatron at the next available opportunity...

"I mean, c'mon Grotusque is an apology too much to ask for?!" Repugnus slugged down another energon drink, oblivious to his surroundings...

"He started it..."
Bombshell

Post by Bombshell »

"Of course, sir," Darkwing said to Galvatron, who then turned and ran from the room as quickly as he could.