[Original RPG] Broken Peace: Chapter 2: War Dawn - Metroplex

Look back over the last decade-plus worth of games!
Scout

Broken Peace: Chapter 2: War Dawn - Metroplex

Post by Scout »

Continuing the imminent war at Metroplex.
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Medbay, Metroplex:

Minerva: -walks into medbay, checking the equipment and supplies, nods to self, heads out of medbay for security office-

Security Office, Metroplex:

Nightbeat: -staring at monitor wall, shakes head, optics fuzzing out- "Too much TV is bad for the optics........ Especially with that many screens."
Blaster

Post by Blaster »

Blaster nodded as he got Quickswitch's message came through "On it!" He replied turning around and running back down to the command room beginning the change from Battle station mode to Robot mode.

"All Autobots within or outside of Metroplex! We are going to Robot mode! I repeat we're upgrading from big guns to Big guns and one big bad mother...."

"Shut your mouth!" Fastforward cried to a chuckle from both he and Blaster.
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Security office, Metroplex:

Minerva: -runs in- "Did Blaster just say he's-"

Nightbeat: "Transforming Metroplex to robot mode? Yes. Fortunately, the desks are bolted down." -waves Minerva over to the other desk- "You realize that I think we represent the entire ready/reaction force on the base, not counting Blaster and his cassettes."

Minerva: -sits down, starts bringing up the displays in the desk surface- "Just us?"

Nightbeat: -nods- "Seems that way. Ironhide's outside, hopefully on his way back, and I think most of the rest were assigned to outposts or still at Fort Max."

Minerva: "Lovely. They had better odds at the Alamo."

Nightbeat: "They had better odds at the Little Big Horn." -sighs- "Well, now that we've got the depressing realization that getting run over is likely out of the way, let's see what we can do to get us out of it...."
Quick Switch

Post by Quick Switch »

Metroplex transformed under Blaster's skillful operation.

He straightened, and turned about. In the distance, Fortress Maximus could also be seen shifting. He frowned.

Oddly, he felt a sort of comfort that the hyper-frenetic communications officer was at the helm. Blaster had initiated the transformation sequence when he had first dueled with Trypticon ten years previous.

"Metroplex stands ready," he rumbled.
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Foot of Metroplex:

Ironhide: -skids to halt, transforms, looks up, activates commlink- "Hey, Blaster or Metroplex, ya wanna let me in?"
Blaster

Post by Blaster »

"Quick Switch This is Blaster! Metroplex transformation complete he is as large and incharge as I remember since last seeing him like this.."

He stopped as the beeping on his chest made him aware of Ironhide's message

"Whoops! Door on the left leg is activated. Get to it and get in quick. Bad blips are gonna start pinging all over these radars any second!! Metroplex keep cool for a sec Ironhide's gotta get in and get up here"
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Foot of Metroplex:

Ironhide: -climbs into the open hatch, talks into commlink- "Thanks, Blaster, Ah'll be up on th' bridge in a couple'a minutes." -starts heading for the bridge, changes frequencies- "Nahghtbeat, you awake?"

Nightbeat: "No, dad. I dozed off in front of the big honking security TV of doom again."

Ironhide: "Uh......."

Nightbeat: "I'm awake. What's up?"

Ironhide: "Meet me in th' command center. Ah got a feelin' it's gonna be th' place to be."

Security Room, Metroplex:

Nightbeat: "Right. See you there." -deactivates commlink- "All right, sis, we're heading for the bridge."

Minerva: "Shouldn't I head for medbay?"

Nightbeat: "Not yet. For one thing, we don't have any injured yet. And if we have to, that might have to become a fallback position. But, given the fact that if it gets that bad, we'll have to worry more about having Metroplex pounded down around our ears by the Decepticon citybots."

Minerva: "Always looking on the bright side, aren't you."

Nightbeat: "Give me something to do. Come on."

Nightbeat and Minerva: -head for the command center-
Quick Switch

Post by Quick Switch »

"Acknowledged," Metroplex rumbled to Blaster as the Autobots boarded.
Blaster

Post by Blaster »

"I hear you Aero Blade! This is Blaster high atop Metroplex broadcasting from the command room! Trypticon won't make it withing 100 feet of yah after this big guy is done with him!"

Blaster grinned as he switched over to a line directly to Fort Max.

"Hey guys and gals over at city bot #2 this is Blaster we got Trypticon moving in from the east and as I havn't seen that giant Grimlock for a while. Okay if me and Metroplex head on over for a little rock and roll?"
Quick Switch

Post by Quick Switch »

Metroplex snarled, clenching his fists as the sounds of engines neared.

A cloud of smoke dissipated, followed by a tremendous shudder. The cloud lifted, and Trypticon stood, a few hundred miles away.

The saurian city roared, shattering entire moutains in the scope of his vigor.

Metroplex stood firm, and his harsh vocoder pealed over the barren rocky battle ground.

"This planet's not big enough for the both us!"

Trypticon laughed again, mouth lasers prominent. His front arms waved with mirth, and when his tail lashed, it raised cracks as it smashed about.

"CRUSH....METROPLEX!" he boomed.

The arch-foes examined each other, all other units forgotten. Both narrowed their optics-

-and charged, footfalls (one straight, the other cloven) sounding as if a clarion call to apocalypse.
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Command Center, Metroplex:

Ironhide, Nightbeat, and Minerva: -run into the command center-

Ironhide: "Awlrahght, Blaster, what'cha want us ta do?"
Quick Switch

Post by Quick Switch »

Scamper and Six-Gun raced into the command center, appraising Blaster, Ironhide, Nightbeat and Minerva.

"I suggest you all get ready to bail out once the Big Guy puts up his dukes," Six Gun rasped.

"Yeah!" Scamper frantically indicated the motley group. "We knew the risks when we...uh, signed on, but you guys should get!"

If the Autobots chose to stay and help, the two little helpers couldn't force them...but at the same time, Trypticon looked serious this time. And those teeth ripped a long way into hulls.
Blaster

Post by Blaster »

"I dunno Ironhide you're incharge not me so the real question is whatcha want of us" Blaster replied with a grin looking at Scamper and Sixshot.

"Don't worry about me, I know what to do when the blows get thrown" he kept grinning.
Quick Switch

Post by Quick Switch »

The two behemoths reached each other at the same moment.

One of Metroplex's massive fists lashed out, slamming into Trypticon's plexus even as the saurian city turned and battered the humanoid city with his thick tail.

Both units were rocked by the force of the blows, and staggered to right themselves. Mutual hatred burned brightly in both pairs of optics.
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Ironhide, Nightbeat, and Minerva: -lying in a jumbled heap in one corner of the control room-

Nightbeat: -at the bottom of the heap- "I think we've made contact with the enemy......"

Ironhide: -in the middle of the heap- "Ah think th' enemy made contact with us......."

Minerva: -on top of the heap- "I think we went right when the bridge lurch left sign lit up."

Nightbeat: "Whatever it was..... Uhm.... not to sound indelicate, pops, but could you get off of my head? I'm getting a compression headache."

Minerva: -gets to feet- "I think those little guys are right. We'd better clear out of here."

Ironhide: -gets to feet, drags Nightbeat to feet- "Ah think yer rahght. Otherwahse they mahght have ta use can openers ta get us outta here."

Ironhide, Nightbeat, and Minerva: -head for the exit-

Nightbeat: "So what'll we do when we get out there?"

Ironhide: "Ah'm of a mahnd ta go city huntin'....."

Ironhide, Nightbeat, and Minerva: -arrive at the exit hatch-

Nightbeat: "City hunting? There's only three of us!"

Ironhide: -opens hatch- "Ain't anybody headin' this way.... Awlrahght, let's get outta here first. Anybody comes this way, we'll take 'em down. Nobody comes this way, we'll see what we c'n do ta help Metroplex."
TFArchive RPG Team

Post by TFArchive RPG Team »

Thrust: "Thundercracker- target over there at 6 o'Clock."
Thundercracker: I can see that. Dweeb. He wants to go between Trypticon and Metroplex.

Thrust veered toward the gigantic autobot city and began to open fire. Thundercracker headed toward Metroplex's optics and began firing.

On the ground, Blitzwing closed in and trandformed to tank mode and began firing shells at the huge complex. "The bigger they are- the more slag they make!"
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Nightbeat: "Before you get the climbing gear, bubba, we've got incoming party crashers."

Ironhide: "Yeah, Ah see 'em." -looks down at Blitzwing, then up at Thundercracker and Thrust, sighs- "Ah gotta get jump jets one'a these days. Ah'm gonna take Blitzwing, you guys see if ya c'n distract Thundercracker 'n Thrust." -back up a couple of steps, runs and jumps out of the hatch, intending for his arc to bring him down on Blitzwing's turret-

Nightbeat: "How does somebody that crazy live so long? How high up, are we?"

Minerva: -consults map- "Looks like we're near the knee."

Nightbeat: "Primus...... That's insane...... completely insane...."

Minerva: "Wait a minute. Distract them? How are we going to distract them?"

Nightbeat: -pulls plasma blaster- "Shoot them down." -uses left side of hatchway for cover, aims at Thundercracker- "Shoot at Thrust, sis. Metroplex has more to worry about right now than a couple of gnats tyring to bite him." -leads the Seeker a little, fires-

Minerva: "But.... I can't....."

Nightbeat: "Just stun him. If nothing else, make him break off his attack run."

Minerva: -uses the right side of the hatch for cover, pulls stun blaster, aims in Thrust's general direction, fires a stun blast at him-
Quick Switch

Post by Quick Switch »

Trypticon and Metroplex ignored the insignificant attacks done by the Junkions and the Decepticon fliers as the wastes of time they were, and continued their struggle.

As Metroplex swung another massive fist in Trypticon's direction, the saurian city clamped down, hard, with his massive maw and began to shake his head. In response, Metroplex lashed out with his other hand and began to relentlessly batter the area by Trypticon's spine.
TFArchive RPG Team

Post by TFArchive RPG Team »

Blitzwing did not see Ironhide take the leap out from above as he continued launching shells at Metroplex. The sudden crash of the falling Autobot riled him and he yelled loudly. "GET OFF!"
---------

Thundercracker eyed his vantage... "Closing in... dead shot right to the right optic... yeah..."- and then a shot grazed his wing flap. He pulled off left sharply and began to look for the source of the fire. He spotted Minerva who was firing toward Thrust.

"Pipsqueak... you'll pay for that." He turned and trained a lock on toward the medic.

----------
Thrust felt a shot hit his underbelly and ricochet off. He veered upward and then saw the source of the shot.

He plunged in a dive toward Nightbeat, firing continuously.