[Original RPG] Innovations: Ch1, The Beginning

Look back over the last decade-plus worth of games!
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Both blows struck Warcry, sending him flailing backwards. Planting his right hand on the floor to re-establish his balance, he scrambled back into a combat stance.

"You will die by my blade, infidel!" He closed with Ironhide, then swung his sword at the other's neck in an attempt to decapitate him. "None can defy our Quintesson makers and hope to live!"
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Ironhide: -steps forward, catches Warcry's arm as he swings, stopping his arm and starting to squeeze- "Lahke Sentinel always said, ain't to tawkin' ta th' fanatically stupid." -shakes head sadly- "Jus' answer me one thing b'fore Ah start redecoratin' the place with yer sorry carcass. Ever'body from yer product lahne as dumb as you, or are you th' reject?" -swings another right cross at Warcry's face-
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

The blow hit Warcry square in the face. He would have crumpled completely to the ground if not for the grip Ironhide had on his sword arm. Instead, he used his foe's grip to keep his footing, then swung his unencumbered fist towards Ironhide's face.

"Silence, defect. Your time has come!"
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Ironhide: -head snaps to the side as he takes the hit, responds by digging his fingers harder into Warcry's arm and backhanding him, hard-
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

The increased pressure on Warcry's arm caused a spasm in his hand, and his blade clattered to the floor. The backhand snapped his head around, sending a spray of oil shooting from his mouth. With a snarl of rage, he swung a (noticably weaker) punch towards Ironhide's midsection.
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Ironhide: -block the swing at his midsection- "What's wrong, kid? Can't handle some old defect?" -swings Warcry around, trying to smash him into the wall-
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

"I can handle you just---gah!" Warcry's snide remark was cut off as Ironhide flung him into a wall. He hit head-first, then slumped to the ground with oil leaking from his face.
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Ironhide: -picks up Warcry's sword, walks over to Warcry, digs his fingers into his chest and lifts him up, holding him several feet off the floor- "What was that you were sayin'?"
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Warcry didn't notice that he was being hoisted off of his feet until he was already dangling in the air. He didn't hear Ironhide's words, but knew that he was being mocked. The young gladiator spat a wad of oil at the rebellious old construct, then lost all connection with his sensor systems and went limp.
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Ironhide: -chuckles- "Kid's got guts, Ah'll give him that. Ain't got no brains, but he's got guts. What part'a combat unit didn't he get?" -shakes head, drops Warcry to the floor, stabs Warcry's sword into the floor a micrometer from his head- "Better go see whut kahnda trouble Bluestreak's got himself to." -heads down to the cargo bay-
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Warcry dropped to the floor, his systems off-line and his processors trying desperately to re-boot them.
Lord Zarak

Post by Lord Zarak »

Wheeljack rambled on with himself whilst Aero Blade stood watching him do the procedure to update the Guardian robots.

"Could you do me a favour, and go over to the control panel on the right oif the viewscreen, and tap in a four-digit code when I tell you too?" asked the amiable scientist.

Shockwave turned to the Quintesson who had stood waiting patiently whilst he tended to his duties.

"What is it that you have for me?" asked the cyclops.
Aero Blade

Post by Aero Blade »

Aero Blade almost didn't pick up on hearing Wheeljack speak. The process to upgrading the guardians wasn't very stimulating, but the equipment being used for some reason was extremely facinating to him...

When Aero Blade did pick up on the request, he snapped to, heading over to the indicated control panel. "Ready whenever, sir," He responded to the older scientist.
Scout

Post by Scout »

Bluestreak hit the delivery bay and immediately hid in the outgoing crate stacks. Much to his surprise, he had landed in a box of metal weapons marked for delivery to Production Plant 5.

He heard Sharkticons munching into metal and looked again at the stack of weapons in the crate. Slowly, he reached out and took one, then peered up and over the crate edge just in time to see the lot of Sharkticons get blown away.

------------------------
------------------------

Shatterstorm broke the elongated crate and brought out a gleaming weapon. With a side-kick, he splintered a crate wall and pulled out a rifle. Behind it lay a set of 4 smaller crates marked with a special symbol. As Bludgeon entered the room, he aimed carefully and threw the bladed weapon at the tank, aimed to just barely miss the cannon turret.
------------------------
------------------------
Windcharger was anything but impressed. He arched an eyebrow and then started laughing in a friendly, humorous way at Ultra Magnus as he began circling the big robot.

"Oh good! A CG model with a welder! Well now, you've got my undivided and complete attention! You're an awfully long way from the production plants my friend. What would bring two CG models and a military model out to the vastness of this area?"
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Bludgeon: -transforms and catches the grip of the katana as it sails by him- "A cowardly attack? I would have expected better of you, Shatterstorm. But then I have been giving a failure like you entirely too much credit!" -starts running at Shatterstorm, katana raised-

Ironhide: -runs into cargo bay, skids to a halt- "BLUESTREAK!!!! Where are ya?!?!?"
Heinrad

Need to get things rolling again......

Post by Heinrad »

Control Room, Production Center 1:

Black Convoy: "Well?"

Tracks: -typing away at one of the consoles- "I've got what we're looking for. Deleting......." -hits button- "....Now."

Black Convoy: "Good. Now...."

Tracks: -narrows optics- "Hang on a second, there, chum. I'm not done yet. The copies here are deleted. Now I have to try to talk this system into accessing the main records store and deleting them there."

Black Convoy: -growls-
Scout

Post by Scout »

Bluestreak waited until the bits of metal had blown past anf then popped his head up over the crate edge and called back to Ironhide. "Over here Ironhide! I found military stock! Hurry!"

The young construct's optics widened and glowed at the feel of the weight of the forbidden weaponry in his hands.
----------------------------------------------
----------------------------------------------
Enough. I am no coward.
"I am no coward Bludgeon, and you will learn some respect!"
Putting aside his intentions, Shatterstorm planted his feet, narrowing his optics and pulled out his own blade as Bludgeon neared. The old construct had had enough of the insults. A gladiator's life was to live and perish in battle, and although his desire to help was strong, the training beaten into him over his existance and the orders demanded of him asserted themselves.
----------------------------------------
----------------------------------------
ooc- more for all other characters and new players by Friday night.
Bombshell

Post by Bombshell »

Magnus looked at Windcharger. He was up to something, that much was obvious. Instead of confronting him with it, he decided to let it play out, and see where it went.

"Depends," he answered. "Who wants to know?"
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Bludgeon: -katana at the ready, thinking to himself- "As I suspected. His plea for mercy, his begging to show me those who ordered our master's death, was all a sham. But he will tell me what I want to know." -charges forward-

Ironhide: -dives behind crate, lands next to Bluestreak- "Looks lahke you guys started th' party without me."
Scout

Post by Scout »

Bluestreak shoved a box of weapons at Ironhide. "No party, no party at all! Just look at them- how're we going to get out of here? Where will we go? The Quintessons are sure to come after us! How are we going to find energy to function? How are we going to get past that mech that's chasing Shatterstorm? We should help him! Even he can't..."

Bluestreak was cut off mid-thought by an explosion from across the docking bay.

------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------

Shatterstorm turned and brought his sword up in a defensive pose. "You have no honor Bludgeon, except that which was put into your circuitry by your master. You will learn that the greatest honor is to serve the Imperial Magistrate until the last electrical pulse runs through your processor!