[Original RPG] Broken Peace- Ch.4: Autobots (Continued)

Look back over the last decade-plus worth of games!
Hyper Prime
Protoform

Post by Hyper Prime »

(OCC: I'm back, and I will be taking control of the micros again.)

Medbay, Mertroplex

Fixit stood up and asked, "Alright, who's next?"

"How about us?" Fixit quickly looked back to see his leader Countdown and Redhot both looking really beat up.

"Redhot? What happened to you? You couldn't have gotten really hurt from that errand you were running."

"Uh.. we'll talk about that later. Right now you got to look at the cheif." Redhot replied.

The two brought Countdown and layed him down on a med table.

Fixit looked at the damage. "Looks like a lot bullet fire wounds, and some definet stress on your wheel that caused it to break off." He turned around and yelled, "Hey Hoist! Give me a hand here! I need a new Micromaster wheel ASAP!" Fixit then began to work diligantly on removing the bullets out of Countdown's body.
Arcee
Protoform

Post by Arcee »

Arcee raised an arm to shield her optics from the flying sparks as the portal self-destructed. So much for that... "Let's hope this was the last nasty surprise that was in store for us."
Quick Switch

Post by Quick Switch »

Dirge smiled, a chilling sight most likely to the other Autobots, at Wheeljack's spectacular failure.

"Yes," he droned, starting to walk outside. "If we are ready to proceed, let us be done with this excercise as quickly as pooosible."
Arcee
Protoform

Post by Arcee »

He gives me the creeps, Arcee thought at seeing Dirge's smile, but she was careful not to voice that thought out loud or let her feelings show.

"Do we have a shuttle ready?" she asked Red Alert. "I doubt we'd all fit into Dirge's cockpit."
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Medbay, Metroplex

Hoist frowned at Fixit. “No can do. Magnus needs help down at the ramp. You’ll have to handle the rest of these guys yourself.”

He finished sealing Aero Blade up, then gave the young ‘Bot a friendly nod. “Good as new. You’re free to go.”

Hoist finally replied to Magnus. “I’m on my way.” He transformed into vehicle mode and tore down the hallway.

Wheeljack’s Lab

Red Alert narrowed his optics slightly as Dirge smiled, once again questioning the wisdom of entrusting the lives of his team to this...freak.

Now isn’t the time for second-guessing, Red...

He noted Arcee’s remark. “It would be something of a tight fit, I’ll admit.” He shrugged. “If we need a shuttle, I can have one readied.”

He followed Dirge into the hall, gesturing for the rest of the team to do the same. He noted that Wheeljack stayed where he was, poking and prodding at the damaged teleportal.
Arcee
Protoform

Post by Arcee »

Arcee followed Dirge and Red Alert.
DrEvil

Post by DrEvil »

Wheeljack's Lab

Bumblebee stood and followed them into the hall.

I'm more glad we're getting underway than anything else but after his little... smile... I'm even less confident in him than before. This is bound to be some sort of trap in some form or another
Bombshell

Post by Bombshell »

Mangus acknowledged Hoist, then turned to face Jetfire, still attached to his trailer. He tapped his hand several times on his battered frame.

"Don't worry," he said. "It's going to be OK."
Hyper Prime
Protoform

Post by Hyper Prime »

Medbay, Metroplex

"What?" Fixit shouted in shock, "You mean I got take care of everybody?" But Hoist had already left.

Countdown looked up, "No problem Fixit, I don't need a wheel right now. Work on somebody else."

"No way cheif. You may not have known this, but if you leave these bullets in too long, they might really damage your circuitry." Fixit replied as he removed yet another bullet from his leader's body.
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Medbay, Metroplex:

Tracks: -walks in, sees Springer and Sixwing, walks over- "Hey, guys."

Medbay, Fort Max:

Chromedome: -walks in, carrying Skyfall, sets him on an empty medtable- "Found him." -looks at the packed tables- "Getting kind of full in here, isn't it?"

Minerva: -still working on Smokescreen- "Yeah. Call Hosehead. An extra pair of hands can't hurt." -looks over as the decon chamber plings- "Come on out, Captain Radium. You're not radioactive any more."

Ironhide: -exits decon chamber, looking extremely well scrubbed- "That was not fun."

Nightbeat: -still sitting against the wall- "Neither was dragging your lead-covered carcass across the desert. I think I threw my back out."

Siren: -lying on a repair table- "My back's fine. The rest of me isn't, but my back is fine."

Minerva: -sighs- "Medical school never prepares you for this......"
Chromia

Post by Chromia »

Wheeljacks Lab

Blurr noticed that most of he Autobots in the room were following Red Alert out the door. No one had said he was included in thier little adventure, but no one hadn't said he wasn't included either.

WhatdoIdo?WhatdoIdo?Chromissaidtostayhere.ButI'mheretohelpAmIsupposedtogowiththem?

He walked over to Arcee and put his hand on her elbow, right before she left the room.

"WhataboutmeArcee?DoIstayhere?DoIgowithyouDoIneedtoaskChromiaWhatdoIdo?"

He wasn't exacty thrilled about the prospect of going anywhere with Dirge, but watching Wheeljack work on the portal, he decided he might be safer with the ex-Decepticon.

Medbay

Chromia watched with a small smile as Ironhide exited the decon chamber.

She also overheard Minervas remarks about medical school. She gave her a wry chuckle

"Yeah, theres a lot they don't teach you in school. Besides, if they told you the truth about everything.........I'm sure the students would run screaming into the streets."
Arcee
Protoform

Post by Arcee »

Leaving Wheeljack's Lab

"Your help wouldn't hurt. But you better ask Red Alert - and be sure you wanna do this," Arcee told Blurr. She remembered his earlier reaction to seeing Dirge, and wasn't too sure he'd be happy working alongside the Conehead.
Chromia

Post by Chromia »

Leaving Wheeljack's Lab

Blurr listens to Arcee's advice. The truth was..he really didn't want to go on any mission with Dirge, but........

Looking back at Wheeljack still poking at his "invention", he decides to get some direction from Chromia.

"ThanksArcee!ButI'mstillunderChromiasordersandIshouldseewhereshewant'smetogo.I'llgoseewheresheisandcheckupwithher!"

He gives her a pat on the arm and heads down the hallway in search of Chromia. All the time mumbling to himself.

"BlurrtoChromia.Whereareyou?TheothersleftwithRedAlertandIdidn'tthinkIshouldgowiththem."

Medbay

Chromia was still talking to Minerva when Blurr contacted her.

Blurr? Ah, I almost forgot he was here. I need to find something for him to do.........

"Blurr? I'm in Medbay with Ironhide. Why don't you head down to the common area and see whos there? I'll contact you in a bit. Don't go anywhere else."

She turns to Ironhide.

"They put Blurr under my command a few years ago. I don't know why a lot of people don't want to work with him. He's good at following orders, and with his reflexes, he's one of the best gunners I've ever had on my ship."

She looks around the room at the others , and asks Ironhide:

"So, whats next?"
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Main Entryway, Metroplex

Hoist drove up to Magnus, transformed...and stopped dead in his tracks as soon as he caught sight of Jetfire.

He looked back to the city commander. "Sweet Primus, what happened to you guys?"

Leaving the semi rhetorical question hanging in the air, he started running his multisensor beams across the horridly damaged Autobot, trying to grasp the scope of the damage.

Corridors, Fort Max

Red Alert shrugged slightly as Blurr wandered off in the opposite direction from the rest of his team.

He's not reliable enough for the mission. Besides, Dirge, Bumblebee, Arcee, Sureshot and myself should be more than sufficient.
Random Sweep
Protoform

Post by Random Sweep »

Sureshot follwed Red alert out the door, not too keen on trusting Dige at all.
Ravage_mk2
Protoform

Post by Ravage_mk2 »

(ooc: not sure if the dataroom is connected to Fort Max's consciusness, but if it is, feel free to have Fort Max act if you wish)

For the past few hours Talon had not left the data room. To say that he was bolted to the console wasn't far from the truth. Talon, realizing the sheer amount of data files from the period he was away would take days to sift through manually, had made a direct connection to the data system. The ability for Minicons to connect with Cybetronian technology wasn't limited to the Transformers themselves, allowing Talon to browse through the data archive as if he were walking through a library. He had been busy sifting through the various reports.

'So the meteor rain was Galvatron shooting part of the Rockies to bits, Forte's gonna be pissed if I ever tell him that'

He stopped looking at the various reports and sifted through the personel files, looking only at the names and image files to get to know most of the autobots currently on Earth. He had no intention to access the more personal data, should any be present. Suddenly a chill ran down Talon's mental spine as he opened a strange blue one. 'If I didn't know better, I'd say this file was frozen, literally. Hmm, Frost leader of the Elementals'

The image file attached showed a female autobot encased in ice. 'Interesting design. Exterior: ice crystals, interior: unknown, allegiance: autobot, similar units: Blaze, Gale, Shock, Void.' Talon looked at the files for the other members. Similar in design to Frost, Blaze, Gale and Shock were encased in fire, wind and electricity respectivly. Void's file lacks an image'

When Talon closed the files, he had a feeling something else was there in the archives, but when he found datafiles regarding the Quintessons, he dismissed the thought. He accessed those files with abandon, wanting to know everything the archive had about the Quintesson scourge.
Scout

Post by Scout »

Smokescreen's optics began to glow stronger, and he blinked as his processors began picking up and comprehending the activity around him. A familiar image registered and he flicked a hopeful smile of relief along with a faintly-voiced question.

"Minerva, that you?"

Prowl stopped a slight distance from Hound - just out of a lunging grab's reach. He watched the scout tinkering with the puzzle for just a moment before cautiously speaking to him.
I am uncertain whether he is paying attention to what's been going on, best to be careful. His reaction to this cannot be predicted accurately.
"Hound, Inferno has brought Buzzsaw to medbay on my request."

There was a very visable stiffening of Hound's posture and he set the puzzle down. Slowly he looked back over his empty shoulder, and as he spotted Inferno and Buzzsaw, his optics flashed a brilliant blue from a very otherwise calm expression. He remained silent and then turned to look at Prowl expectantly.

Without looking away from Hound, Prowl motioned to Inferno to begin leaving.
"I know you're capable of tracking Buzzsaw's energy signature from here. We'll release Buzzsaw as the condition for your agreement to undergo repairs."

Hound narrowed his optics slightly and shifted position uneasily. He thought silently briefly, and then nodded. "You have my word. Once Buzzsaw is released, I agree to be repaired."
Jetfire laughed weakly as an interior console snapped and crackled loudly with frayed wiring. "I've had better days Hoist, but we're all on the ground."
Sixswitch

Post by Sixswitch »

Sixswitch was standing on the tallest observation platform in Fortress Maximus, looking across the area where the two cities had set down after fleeing Cybertron.

A fierce wind had kicked up, sending whistling eddies of dust spinning amongst the towers of Fort Max. Naturally, such things didn't bother Sixswitch, but for some reason he found the whistling soothing.

Usually, he wasn't a solitary bot, but since waking up on Earth, he found that nothing was 'usual'. When he'd read the reports, he realised that he might get a chance to fight the Decepticons again. But the Autobots seemed to be concerned about the effects that this might have on the planet Earth.

Important concerns, for sure, but it frustrated the Sixchanger. He was built to fight - he wasn't sure how he knew this, but it was there. His calling in life was to be a fighter, and he wasn't getting to do that now.

But the question was, with their overwhelming desire for peace, did he have a place in the Autobot ranks? Did any warriors have a place there? He could imagine that a lot of them would feel uncomfortable around him, and others like him. After all, they were built to do peaceful tasks. Some had been maintenance bots, some had been scientists.

The Decepticon wars had changed all that, but for some of them, they would never be warriors. Sixswitch was different. He would never be anything else. Was it wrong that he wasn't bothered by this? Is there something wrong with an Autobot who actualy relishes the thrill of a fight? Probably, but in his typically casual way, Sixswitch found that he didn't really care.

Life was much simpler as a Wrecker, even if it was more dangerous. he reflected.
Quick Switch

Post by Quick Switch »

Quick wrote out a short notice, and put it on his desk.

"This ought to do it," he muttered. "Someone else can deal with this bureacratic nonsense. And protecting a pack of ingrates who never show anything, other than contempt."

Oh yes, and who couldn't kill to save their own lives. Or how about win this war? I suppose they forgot about it, in the midst of all these little love-ins with the humans. Now that I know the truth, it all makes sense why we haven't had results in eons. Prowl or Red Alert can handle it. In fact, they'll delight in it.

He wouldn't leave just yet, however.

As Dirge clanked along the hallways, his sensors picked up fear and doubt radiating off the Autobots in waves, and inside his morose mind, he was grimly amused.

I cannot understand why the Autobots weren't oblierated as soon as the war began. They quake at everything...but perhaps I am the first to notice it. Considering the Decepticon leadership is gripped in madness and self-destruction...

The outside of the city loomed. He waited for the inevitable last doubts, or pithy speeches...or something. The Autobots generally excelled at such type of talk.
Bombshell

Post by Bombshell »

"Some more than others," Magnus replied, taking the time to unlatch his trailer and combine with it. "I've got to head to the command center. Can you take care of him?"
Detention Center

Wreck-Gar looked at Cliffjumper and Hot Rod, then at Nikko.

"The pigeon isn't talking. Maybe we should let him rot in the slammer for a while. Maybe that'll convince him to talk."