[Original RPG] Broken Peace- Ch.4: Autobots (Continued)

Look back over the last decade-plus worth of games!
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Main Entryway, Metroplex

“I’ll do what I can.” Hoist frowned at Magnus. “You look like you could use some maintenance yourself, sir. I’ll schedule you an appointment after we finish dealing with all the casualties in Medbay.”

He looked back at Jetfire. “Well, I’m afraid your entire outer shell is ruined, and most of your peripheral subsystems are scrap. The best I can do is repair some of your vital systems, get you mobile, then throw you into a regeneration chamber until everything heals.”

He drew his surgical tools out of subspace, then set to work repairing Jetfire’s transformation cog.

Outside Fortress Maximus

Walking almost side-by-side with Dirge, Red Alert smiled slightly as he stepped out into the sunlight. For a moment, the sheer beauty of the Rocky Mountains, of the forests and the gleaming, snow-topped peaks, erased his concerns.

But only for a moment.

He glanced at Dirge. “I know you were able to carry Prowl before. What are the limits of your capacity?”
Quick Switch

Post by Quick Switch »

"Enough," Dirge said turning to look at Red Alert levelly. "For present purposes." He did not notice the weather.
Bombshell

Post by Bombshell »

"Fine," Magnus shouted back to Hoist as he headed off. "Schecule an appointment. Just don't expect me to keep to it. I've got other things to take care of."
Brave Maximus

Post by Brave Maximus »

Skyfall lay on the medical table, gradually feeling the sensation return to his systems. He occasionally winced and twitched as he tried to sit up on the table. It felt like a everyone of his neuro-circutry was flashing in pins and needles - not the best feeling. Still, he didn't want to disturb the medics too much - he just sat there and waited for the Electro-magnetic radiation to wear off.

Sixwing glanced at Tracks, at his shiny exterior and laughed a little in a strange way. He then turned his back and continued to wait for Springer to move

Starlight and the Minicons continued to fix the interior of the Omega Shuttle, making it more accomidating for the added crew.

Dai Atlas continued to walk the hallways of Fortress Maximus, taking it in while letting Prime think in silence.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Main Entryway, Metroplex

Hoist shook his head in disgust as Magnus walked away.

These commanders, always too busy thinking about their jobs to think about their own health. He shrugged. Ah, well. He'll learn his lesson when one of those minor wounds causes a major systems failure.

He continued to work on Jetfire.

Outside Fort Max

Red Alert nodded to Dirge, though he was a bit sceptical.

"Then let's get this show on the road. Or rather, in the air."
Aero Blade

Post by Aero Blade »

Once Hoist had finished with him, Aero Blade was all too glad to immediately exit the medbay. He didn't pay much attention to anything else aside from getting out of the place as quickly as possible. Once outside the doors, Aero took a moment to breath a sigh of relief, leaning against a wall a short distance down the hall.

Aero felt a bit bad. He knew the medics just wanted to help, but any time he got close to a medbay or any similar scientific installation like that, his memories of Kelvar resurfaced...

Aero Blade shuddered and shook his head. That was the last mental image he needed, and he wasn't going to recall it if he could avoid it. He sighed slightly again, still leaned against the wall. He tried to think of what he should do now. Others in the group were still getting repaired, and the meeting wouldn't happen until everyone was in top shape according to what Skyfall had said.

"Guess I got some time to fill..." Aero said to himself outloud, trying to figure out something to do for the moment.
DrEvil

Post by DrEvil »

Medbay, Fortress Maximus

Ratchet took a look at Skyfall.

"For someone who took a nasty fall you don't look like you've even got a bruise but I should take a look at you just in case. How do you feel?"

Outside Fortress Maximus

Bumblebee smiled at Red Alert's words. He was glad things were finally getting underway.
Sixswitch

Post by Sixswitch »

From his position, Sixswitch spotted Red Alert and Dirge lead their team out of Fort Max.

Dirge? he thought to himself. What in the name of Primus is he doing here?

He shrugged his shoulders. First the Combaticons, now Dirge. Seemed to be a lot of defections from the Decepticons going on recently. Was the Decepticon leadership fracturing?

More to occupy his time than anything else, he transformed into fighter mode and took off, flying a standard patrol pattern around the two Autobot cities.
God Jinrai
Protoform

Post by God Jinrai »

"Dai Atlas... I can't condone it. However..." Prime opened a private comm to dai atlas. "Intelligence reports indicate that there were some "weapons tests" that occured very recently in Carbomiya. I need someone to investigate this matter. You'll probably want to take quickswitch along... he, almost more than any other, needs to get out of this place... he's a fighter that's been kept behind a desk too long. I'd also suggest looking into getting roadbuster and the targetmasters in on this. there won't be much room for transport, so choose carefully, and wisely."

Prime cut the comm, and nodded to the larger autobot. Gathering himself up, he started down the corridor at a quicker pace... then breaking into an outright run...and then into a transformation into his rig mode... only to screech to a transforming halt at the command tower's elevator. The doors swooshed open, and Prime stepped inside. "Medbay." he spoke, and the elevator began its rapid descent to the maintenance level of the battleship. Seconds later, the doors swooshed open again, and prime emerged. Arriving at the doorways to medbay, he took in a breath, and the doors sprung apart. "Any progress in here?" he spoke, in a semi-serious tone, catching sight of Ironhide stepping out of the Decontamination Chamber. he'd heard about his run-in with sunstorm, and was quite grateful that he'd survived with minimal ill effects.
Scout

Post by Scout »

It's him. Hound's optics widened as he saw Optimus enter medbay. Immediately, images shot in rapid-fire succession through his head- of Prime taking on various Decepticons and finally a fatal blast at a green Autobot.

Take your shot now! You can take care of the Autobot threat right now!

No... no I can't. The Autobots- they're friends- I am one- or I was.

They tried to explode a grenade at you in a medical center. They're willing to destroy themselves to take out one Decepticon.

Because--- because they think we're a danger. Stop.

Stop.
With the frustrated and barely audible murmur, Hound closed his optics and turned back away from the scene.

Prowl took a few steps backwards as Hound fixated on Optimus and then turned around.

This is most unexpected, and could be dangerous. Inferno's headed out - so that's one less dynamic in here. Good.

Nikko stared with an open-mouth at Cliffjumper, then finally turned around and shut his eyes muttering something that sounded like tones of blessing.
God Jinrai
Protoform

Post by God Jinrai »

Prime slowly made his way over to Prowl, doing his best to not divert too much attention toward Hound. It was enough that he seemed preturbed by his arrival. he didn't want to cause any outbursts...

"My appologies for an un-announced visit, prowl. Any progress?"

As Prime finished addressing Prowl, he nodded to each of the others present, including Hound, addressing each by name, finishing with the scout.
Brave Maximus

Post by Brave Maximus »

Dai Atlas nodded to Optimus Prime as he turned away. The large Autobot commander turned as well and headed out to the lifts in the other direction - Take a few moments, he remote accessed the Autobot's database, as to who is active at this moment. He made a mental checklist and by the time he exited Fortress Maximus, he had a team assembled that may just do the trick - and fit within his shuttle form.

Activating his comm link so that it would ring through both bases as well as the selected Autobot's comm channels Dai Atlas' booming voice called out:

"Attention, this is Dai Atlas:
Quick Switch, Blurr, Chromia, Crosshairs, Hot Rod, Sureshot, Scattershot, Nosecone, Afterburner, Lightspeed and Strafe - Muster outside of Fortress Maximus at my location - you have been assigned to a mission.
Out."

The great white and black Autobot then stood and waited, going over the profiles of each Transformer he called.

Skyfall smiled at Ratchet:

"With a name like Skyfall, you'd think I had some practice at hitting the ground. But to be honnest Ratchet - with the EM energy still in my system, I can't do an internal diagnostic. I can tell you my right arm is broken or something and my left wing is damaged, though how badly I can't tell. It's not that serious and when my systems come back 100% my internal repairs can fix me up - I have too much to do to ......"

The young Autobot was cut short by a message ringing through the medbay. He turned to Ratchet witha concerned look:

"Did he just say 'Dai Atlas'?"

OOC: Edited to make bold
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Medbay, Fort Max:

Minerva: -chuckles- "I was the last time I checked, Smokescreen. What happened to you, anyway?"

Chromedome: -activates commlink- "Hosehead, come on up. Minerva needs another pair of hands."

Ironhide: "Hey, Prahme. We managed ta keep 'em from blowin' up th' dam. They got most'a th' energon, though......" -looks over at Hound- "Hound? You okay?"
Scout

Post by Scout »

Prowl gave Optimus a smile. "Unannounced visits to medbay are always welcome Sir, especially if one's not injured."

"Optimus, I have given orders to Inferno to take Buzzsaw and release the Decepticon. Hound has consented to allow Minerva to replace his memory chips once Buzzsaw is released.

Ironhide as you can see is nearly recovered.

And I have not yet gotten a report from Siren and Smokescreen."

Smokescreen let out a relived sigh and laughed at Minerva's humor. "Am I glad to see you! Thought for certain I'd be looking at a sword blade if I became functional again."

He winced slightly as a twinge of pain hit.

"Shockwave forced me to go with them to Metrotitan, and then they put me in a cell saying something about having plans for me. Then Shockwave took me to see Galvatron. Strange thing is- Galvatron said I could go- he let me go. But, it was a trap- and if it weren't for Siren, Ultra Magnus and Jetfire, I'd be in pieces by now. Sliced, diced and probably skewered too."

Hound stiffened as he heard Optimus address him.
Their leader's talking to me- my leader... no, that's mutiny- betrayal. Galvatron is my leader. Or is he? Should I do what's right or what feels right?

His optics narrowed as he dealt with the wave of irritation. Then he closed his optics and his head dropped slightly.
He listened to Ironhide, listened to the tone of the voices around him and then turned around, opening his optics. Blowing up a dam? He spoke softly in a calm and determined manner.

"No- Ironhide. And I'm not convinced that I will be after these ...repairs. But I will try to do what is right, whatever happens."

Inferno had stashed Buzzsaw away in a small compartment and drove as quickly as he could through the mountain trail without sacrificing care. He had intentionally ignored the order to take along another Autobot. During the course of the drive he gave the casseticon a lot to think over.

"Buzzsaw, you better be thanking your buddy back there that your birdbrain isn't laid out on a table in our medbay getting decoded like the Decepticons did to him. You go back and you tell your master that he's gonna pay-- and since he's an expert listener, he'd better pay some heed to that."
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Medbay, Fort Max:

Siren: -still lying on table- "You want a report, Prowl? We went to pick up Smokescreen. We got there, and got attacked by Bludgoen, a combiner team, and a bunch of Decepticons who weren't there playing in the surf!"

Hosehead: -walks into medbay- "Hey, guys....... Geez, what happened?"

Nightbeat: "I stumbled into a bad horror movie. "Attack of the Bludgoen Clones". I don't think it'll make it to video."

Siren: -shudders- "Don't remind me."

Minerva: -chuckles- "Can you triage Nightbeat for me? I don't think he's in too bad of shape-"

Nightbeat: "Hey-"

Minerva: "-because if he was, he wouldn't be complaining so much. I'd like to get him out from underfoot."

Hosehead: "Okay. C'mon, Nightbeat, lets get you patched up." -grabs a patch kit, kneels next to Nightbeat, start patching him up-
Xille
Protoform

Post by Xille »

Detention Center

"Maybe not, though, Wreck-Gar."

Cliffjumper looked down.

Well, this is a change of character, but it may work. Besides, he might be able to help us on-site. I really hate to do this to the little guy; he's been through a lot. But I don't think we can afford to wait around here much longer, and frankly, I'm getting a little tired of "20 Questions".

Cliffjumper looked towards Nikko.

"What if we take him with us?"
Aero Blade

Post by Aero Blade »

Stratus gave a sigh as he looked about, sitting on Hound's shoulder and listening to all the various transformers talk. Yep, things were a mess right now. He couldn't be sure, but it seemed to him that while giving back the memory chips to Hound would help, it wasn't going to solve all the problems, not the way Hound was acting.

His head's probably even more messed up than Aero's was, and that'd be some acomplishment... Stratus thought. He noted Optimus's entry, and Hound's subsequent reaction. Oh great. Hope he doesn't make any sudden moves.. Stratus readjusted himself on Hound's shoulder just to be sure, then started watching Optiums again.
Sixswitch

Post by Sixswitch »

Sixswitch swung into a barrel role as he flew across Autobot airspace. During his very short time on Earth, when he first arrived, he'd not had much chance to explore the environmental conditions here. He was lucky in that battle. It was a calm day, with no turbalence, and flying was relatively straightforward. Next time, he may not be so lucky.

He had decided to take advantage of his down time by testing his limits, and learning about flying here. He dove into a steep dive, pulling up way before the ground. Instantly, his onboard sensors told him that gravity here was 9.8m/s2. He duly noted this for further reference.

As he sped towards a mountain peak, he felt the air preasure increase beneath his wings. He decided to follow it, and he angled up and started flying in loose spirals around the mountain top.

He continued in this vein for some time, attempting to adapt as best he could to the conditions here. If anyone were watching, he'd probably look like a madbot, dancing and jinking randomly across the sky. He might have felt embarassed about that, had he given it any thought. Instead, he continued his excercises.
God Jinrai
Protoform

Post by God Jinrai »

"I see... That would be best for both parties... Hound is finally shown the truth, his full memories, regardless of any taint... and Buzzsaw is returned, unharmed..."

Optimus' right hand clenched into a fist, then spread back out into an opened palm before returning to its semi-closed state. Turning his attention to Ironhide, he spoke up...

"I take it then, that you and Nightbeat were unaware of Victory Saber's disappearance... Maximus sensors registered at temporal shift not far from here.... but just as suddenly as it registered... it blinked out. Ironically, Victory Saber's energy signature was present at the time of the shift... and gone upon its resolution. "

Prime bowed his head for a moment, pondering the fate of the great warrior... but cleared his mind quickly enough, returning his attention to Hound. He slowly, cautiously approached his old friend. He wanted to avoid causing him to feel uncomfortable.

"Concerning what you just said hound... regardless... it's good to have you back. In any way we can have you, it's good to have you back."

Prime extended an open hand to the deep-green scout, his blue optics shining, sincerity speaking through them. Truly, Optimus had missed the scout, and felt more empathy for him than he'd ever realize
Cyborg_Autobot
Protoform

Post by Cyborg_Autobot »

The three techies walked up to the great leader and Nosecone spoke kindly. "Sir let us help we have nothing to do and are quite bord. I am sure scatter shot would have asked. He is currently trying to calm down our brother. Too much comotion gets him like that."
Part Man

Part Machine

All Autobot