[Original RPG] Broken Peace- Ch.4: Autobots (Continued)

Look back over the last decade-plus worth of games!
Scout

Broken Peace- Ch.4: Autobots (Continued)

Post by Scout »

Summary to be added shortly. :)
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Medbay, Fort Max:

Minerva: -shakes head in response to Hound's rambling- "That's part of the whole 'Good Cop/Bad Cop' thing. If you're able to stick to your story, and aren't telling us what we want to hear, then the odds that you don't know anything about that whole poorly planned shipping operation are pretty good." -frowns- "Although I still have to wonder how the heck you were going to get us out of the country. It's not like we don't stand out."

Jetfire's Interior:

Siren: -looking at the severely damaged and leaking out Smokescreen- "I hope you're a good pilot, Magnus. I don't think Smokescreen can hold out much longer."
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Medbay, Fort Max

Crosshairs shrugged. "I don't think you see what I'm aiming at. Since we know that he has that sort of data, there's no way we could let him leave. We'd have to kill him before we let that data fall into Decepticon hands. We'd really have no choice. If the 'Cons got their hands on detailed internal maps of the city...it would be a disaster."

"So Hound knows that if he tried to escape, we'd have to stop him no matter what. And he's making sure we know it too." His face became grim. "There's only two reasons he'd do that, Trailbreaker, and neither of them are good."

He noticed Prowl incoming and gave him a respectful nod.
Scout

Post by Scout »

Trailbreaker's face reflected his desire to comprehend what Crosshairs was driving at. Finally he gave up and shot a mischievious smile at him instead.

"Yer right. I don't get it. I thought the Decepticons already had his memory stuff. I don't see what more could do. Course, we could give him the grand tour and let him memorize Perceptor's jargon- then let Hound report back to the Deceps. They'd be bored stiff."

Prowl returned the nod with an easy smile. He could tell Trailbreaker and Crosshairs were carrying on an internal conversation. He waited until Trailbreaker grinned and looked away before he looked to Crosshairs and spoke.

"I got the message there was some trouble. It seems everything is under control now. Is that accurate?"
Hound looked up from the holographic images and replied to Minerva with a cool, even tone. "We'd have just gone to the airport. There is a carrier that flies to the Carbombya airport every evening at 7 this time. As far as standing out, that'd have been easy enough to correct if you could transform. Holograms are useful and the humans ship many large objects in the cargo hold. But I wasn't going to force you. I only invited you."

He flicked a glance to the side and noted Prowl's entrance. His optics narrowed and his fingers gripped the table edge tight enough to bend the metal sides as a recorded data file registered.
And now it begins.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Medbay, Fort Max

"They have the chips," Crosshairs clarified, "not the data on them. That's why they were sent off to Japan, remember?" He shook his head. "Either way, Hound obviously doesn't know that the 'Cons pulled his chips out."

He straightened slightly. "The way he's acting, Trailbreaker...I think he's trying to provoke us into mistreating him. He wants us to, because in his mind we're supposed to be the villians. If we started acting evil...it would be easier for him, you know? It would confirm what he thinks he knows about us." He shrugged. "Either that, or he's so totally out of it that he doesn't realize what he's doing."

He turned to Prowl.

"It is for now, sir. But it's only a matter of time before something pushes him over the edge again. He doesn't trust any of us, except for maybe Pinpointer and Minerva."

He lowered his voice to be sure Hound wouldn't be able to hear him. "Again, I suggest we move him to a cell until his chips are recovered. At the very least we should move him to Metroplex, where any spying he does would be pretty much worthless."
Brave Maximus

Post by Brave Maximus »

Dai Atlas nodded. Then smiled. Victory Leo was right. At his current level of power, he couldn't stay in a fight long. And he needed to see the Autobot's situation on Earth. He looked at the gold and black former powermaster:

"You're right Victory Leo. I'll head down to the current Autobot base. I can sense it now, with everything back online. And it's circling around now. I'll talk to Optimus Prime and get a situation update from him. Then we can ....... talk...... about what to do with the Decepticon problem."

He then turned to the Autobot shuttle, and spoke:

"And to the Autobots in this shuttle. When you return to the base. Seek me out, I wish to thank you in earnest."

Dai Atlas turned, and once again transformed into his jet mode and resumed his plumet towards the third planet of the Sol system. This time, though, it was much more controlled. He prepaired to ride the waves of re-entry.
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Medbay, Fort Max:

Minerva: "I didn't say that you didn't invite me, I was just wondering how you were going to get us out of the country." -clucks tounge- "My, my, you're getting moody. You sound like you expect us to do to you what almost happened to me and my 'team' the last time we were captured by the Decepticons."
Chromia

Post by Chromia »

-Chrmoia listened to Dai Atlas- "No problem Atlas, we'll see you back at the base." -She turned back to Beachcomber-

"Well, that went better than I expected. Lets go."-She swiveled back in her chair and set a course back to Ft Max-
Scout

Post by Scout »

Trailbreaker frowned but stayed silent. He looked over at Pinpointer, Minerva and Hound.
He's not out of it. He's watching us. If I were in his position, I'd be watching everyone too. That's why he's making pictures of everyone.
Prowl glanced over at the medical table briefly then quickly moved around to the front and side of Crosshairs and Trailbreaker, angling his shoulder and back towards the table.
"I understand your concerns Crosshairs. That may be a course we will have to take at the end of this session. For the moment however, I believe it is likely he will provide needed information willingly.

His memory components have been corrupted or removed. That would most likely include his experiences and knowledge of his function. Memory shapes personality, but as we have seen with the dinobots and the aerialbots, a personality component stands on its own from its creation. I know of only a few things in the history of Cybertron that could damage a personality component, and two no longer exist to my knowledge while the Decepticons do not have access to the other. If Hound had been able to access his protocol programs and experience as a scout when he arrived, it is unlikely we would have ever discovered he was here. His skills in his field were exceptional. Yet, here he sits. He has minimal firepower, but could have chosen to disappear at any time. He came for information, and I believe it is probable he doesn't know exactly what information he is seeking. It is logical that what he has found would not seem correct. The key lies in Hound's personality component. He is not aggressive except when he has need to be, and it is his nature to learn. He must lack a directive to attack or he would have done so in line with his function. I expect he is still capable of making choices. We will give him information, and request information in return. Then we will evaluate the demeanor and results and decide on an appropriate course of action."

Prowl paused and set his rifle down next to Crosshairs.

"Has there been an opportunity to allow Hound access to the general files as I instructed?"

Hound diverted his attention back to Minerva and then glanced around the room with a puzzled expression. "Your team?"
He looked back at the trio talking a short distance away and got a skeptical expression.
"What happened?"
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Minerva: "All of us Headmaster types and Roadbuster. Although Roadbuster was unconscious for part of it....." -shakes head- "Anyway, after the aborted return of Unicron, and his subsequent explosion, we all wound up in Metrotitan. They forgot about us, I guess, down in the medbay, and we would have been free to go, I guess. At least until we wound up hearing what their plans were." -leans in close- "If you find you ever need to get away from them, and they send the Stunticons after you, Breakdown's mania and Motormaster's ego are the main weak points." -backs off a little- "They decided that, for the sake of the alliance..... Until they were ready to break it by stabbing us in the back, anyway..... They decided to do some surgical memory manipulation on us. For those with no organic components in their heads, it's not so bad. But the odds of us organic types surviving the procedure were pretty low. Luckily, we got some help. The Combatrons saved us."
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Autobot Shuttle

Beachcomber nodded to Chromia. "It's nice to have a mission go off without a hitch once in a while, isn't it?"

Medbay, Fort Max

"As you wish, sir." Crosshairs nodded. "And no, he hasn't taken a look at the information yet. Pinpointer suggested it, but he seems to be more interested in talking to living beings right now."
Lord Zarak

Mteroplex Control Room

Post by Lord Zarak »

Chainclaw kept on monitoring Metroplex, making sure that nothing untoward was occuring.
dai-atlas2000
Protoform

Post by dai-atlas2000 »

Since his transformation Buzzsaw had flown to the rafters of the low ceiling of his cell. As a predatory beast his favourite places to perch were dark, dank recesses and those places where the light didn't reach. Unfortunately the Autobots had this cell well lit and there was no real darkness to hide in.

He was aware that the Autobots would probably leave him for some time, no doubt in the hope that his will would be broken and ready for a spell of intense questioning. Buzzsaw was well versed in the arts of interrogation and information extraction - let the Autobots try to extract what they would from him - they were wasting their time.

Let them come....let them come

ooc: Anyone like to come and interrogate Buzzsaw now?
Scout

Post by Scout »

"Not surprising. That'd be his normal course of behavior." Prowl nodded to Crosshairs with a hint of an amused smile.
"Especially with carbon-based lifeforms."
Hound blinked. Minerva now had his entire attention.

"The Decepticons.. we were going to do surgical manipulation on organics? That can't be right. Commander Astrotrain would never allow that."

"That'd be nearly correct Hound." Prowl called over firmly without moving.

"Astrotrain sees the organics as a tool. As long as they cooperate, they are not harmed. When Minerva finishes with your repairs, you will be able to see Spike and you will be given access to any of the information that the humans themselves have recorded on our species."

Calmly, Prowl reached over and snagged the remainder of Crosshairs' energy drink and began to down it.
Hound looked over towards Prowl.
Surprise shifted to suspicion in a 3 second span.

I don't know who to believe here. Saber's tape was so clear, but the Autobots are full of tricks. I have images of them shooting us. One thing is certain- if the Autobots have Spike, I have to rescue him. This place is so--- open. There must be a trap out there. Didn't pick up any other signals though. Need to focus on the base's energy ...

Getting distracted, he turned his attention slowly back to Minerva- forgetting about his energy readings. Questions raced through his mind in a torrent, and he found himself answering them with doubts.
Something about Minerva's posture seemed very relaxed and passive. In fact, none of the Autobots around seemed aggressive. The strange partner to the nebulon almost looked bored.

Hound nodded slightly- still looking at Minerva- and loosened his grip from the table sides. "I will listen. Is there more Minerva?"
Chromia

Post by Chromia »

-Chromia laughed at bit at Beachcomber's response-

"Yeah, and it's about time too." -she grinned slyly at him- "I'm bored... Strap yer self in Beachcomber, let's have a little fun with this re entry."

-She revved the engines and shot through the atmosphere towards Ft Max. She streaked through the sky at max speed and brought the shuttle to a sudden stop right before the hangar bay-

"Hey!! This thing can really handle!!"

-She laughs again- "Aw well, lets see what Red Alert has for us now...." -She berths the shuttle with a light touch, and powers down the engines-

"C'mon Beach, let's go."

-exits the shuttle and heads back to the conference room-
Brave Maximus

Post by Brave Maximus »

As he road the waves into the atmosphere, the leading edges of Dai Atlas' jet form began to glow a bright red. His great size was causing the upper atmosphere to crackle and burn. By the time he entered "normal" airspace, he appeared to be covered in smoke and fire. Conducting a series of tight turns, he bled off some of the speed, and managed to avoid a few commuter jets (though he couldn't save them from some sonic booms, hopeing he didn't deafen anyone).

Above Autobase, the fireball was easily visible. It started to slow down and the flames dispersed, reveiling a large white, black and orange jet\shuttle. It aimed for the empty spot between Metroplex and Fortress Maximus. Spotting a place where there were no Autobots in his way, he hit the air breaks full, almost stalling his forward momentum. Just before he crashed into the earth, Dai Atlas transformed into Robot mode, slamming into the ground, forced to go to one knee and skidding to a halt, only sending a small wave of dirt up and creating a small crater.

Kneeling in the centre of the crater, Dai Atlas waited for a moment, letting his body cool down, his outter wings changing from bright red to Black and white, with trails of smoke leading off of him. He stood up, raising to his full height and looked around the encampment. He only knew a little of Metroplex - mostly from the history documents, only having visited the Autobot city once in his command. He was familiar with the Maximus internal plans though, and knew that he would fit inside, just barely. He then walked away from his small crater and entered the City.

After a few moments, he found his way to the Med bay. Standing just inside the doors, he called out:

"Is there a Medic on duty at the moment? I'm new, and after the little adventure I just had, I need some Energon Z and perhaps a check up to see if all my systems are working 100%"
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Medbay, Fort Max

Crosshairs' jaw dropped as Prowl snatched his drink. He shot a disbelieving glance at Trailbreaker.

How rude...

Noticing Dai Atlas looming in the doorway, he gave the large Autobot a small shake of the head. "This really isn't a good time..." He walked over to the doorway and dropped his voice. "The doc's busy treating a mentally unstable patient. Do you think you could find your way over to Metroplex?"

Autobot Shuttle

Beachcomber tried to pretend that the landing hadn't bothered him, but the finger-shaped indentations that he left on the arms of his chair said differently.

"Ssssure. Why not?" He followed Chromia
Brave Maximus

Post by Brave Maximus »

Dai Atlas nodded towards Crosshair and smiled:

"Of course - a soldiers well being comes before a minor check up. Could you perhaps tell me who the medic at Metroplex is? I prefer knowing names instead of just shouting out, especially in an Autobot base."
Chromia

Post by Chromia »

-Chromia exited the shuttle, glanced behind her, and chuckled softly to herself. She had seen the finger indentations Beachcomber had left-

Well, he took that better than I expected. At least he's not complaining. Maybe these guys aren't so bad...

"I have a better idea Beach. I'd rather not bother Red Alert when he's busy with all that's going on. If he needs us, he'll let us know." -She stopped in the hallway and turned to him-

"Do you have a common area? You know, where everyone just.....hangs out? I'd like to see who's all here anyway.?
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Tech Bay, Fort Max:

Brainstorm: -checking the memory chips Nightbeat found- "Chromedome, come here a minute, would you?"

Chromedome: -comes over- "What? Did you find anything?"

Brainstorm: "Whoever these chips belong to, it's not Hound."

Chromedome: "Then who? Nobody else has been captured, have they? Well, besides our little run in, that is." -chuckles- "That would have not been a good feeling."

Brainstorm: "You don't have to worry, it's not one of ours. The markers are wrong, and there's no trace of the transector control programming." -taps probe tip against table-

Chromedome: "What about checking the disc?"

Brainstorm: "I already did that. Subject S had little detailed tactical data on these chips. Seems to have been the rush in and break things type....."

Chromedome: -looking slightly uncomfortable- "Are you sure it's not mine?"

Brainstorm: "How could it be? They never got your head open."

Chromedome: "Good point."

Medbay, Fort Max:

Minerva: "Well, the Combatrons used to be the Combaticons. They died fighting the Quints when we were driven off of Cybertron." -shrugs- "As for me and my team, we're not from here. Brainstorm built a dimentional gateway thing, and we all kind of wandered through. The war was over, and things were pretty quiet."