[Original RPG] Edge of the Abyss: WRECKED!(the Ark)

Look back over the last decade-plus worth of games!
Brave Maximus

Under the Ark

Post by Brave Maximus »

Skyfall looked at the readings that the Omega was transmitting him and the best he could do was shrug - couldn't make things worse anyway.

"Here it comes Whirl 95%..... 100% Full power!"

Skyfall watched, in slight amazement as the core of stone grew at the Centre of the lava!

Italy - Mt. Vesuvius

The volcano that had wiped out towns centuries ago once again began to rumble to life. Steam and lava began to crack out of the crater, sending steam clouds billowing into the sky.

Unexpectedly a solid chunk of rock blasted into the sky, arking at nearly a mile then splashing down into the ocean, nearly capsizing a few fishing vessals, while a big commercial freighter turned into the wave.

In the crater though, no lava spewed forth. Instead a glowing white hand - measuring nearly 7 feet across clawed at the surface. A few moments later, another hand followed. Then from the core of the earth, a demon crawled it's way out of hell. It's bright whitness was awful to look at as it dragged itself up onto the crater wall. It flopped on it's back, obviously exausted from the effort. As the glow recieded, all that could be heard for miles around was a maniacl laugh - one that only faded as the glow did.
StoneCold Skywarp
Custom Title: Best Served Chilled

Post by StoneCold Skywarp »

"Of course you only normally see Whirl glow like that when he's fighting...and even then it's usually not healthy"

Springer backed off a little more as Whirl's weaponry began to glow white hot...
MirageFanGal
Protoform

Post by MirageFanGal »

Landing Bay

"Alright" Astra nodded, looking the shell over, then glanced at Skyhammer before turning her attention to Jazz, asking quietly "You up for that idea?"
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Roadbuster: -watching Whirl's guns glow, scowling-
Brave Maximus

Under the Ark

Post by Brave Maximus »

Under the glow of Whirl's stasis beam, the rock began to solidify at a faster rate. The molecular motion almost stopped and it seemed as if the rock was freezing. The outer edges of the solidying rock heaved and convulsed, splattering the Ark's shields with magma. A few globs headed towards the Wreckers and a few slammed into the Omega.

Inside the Omega, as it was rocked by the.... liquid rock, Skyfall watched it form a solid base:

"Just hold on for 12 more seconds Whirl! Almost there!"
Warit00
Protoform

Post by Warit00 »

"Radio broke!?"Warpath start to running around then end
in Landing bay and meetJazz Skyhammer Astra "Countdown in the Medbay but Where the other?"
Reflector

Landing Bay

Post by Reflector »

Jazz grinned to his hosts, but he also shook his head with good-natured bemusement.

"Dang, listena you guys! Survival first, comfort later. Hup hup, c'mon now!"

Jazz struggled to propel himself, but his useless legs forced him to quickly resign to Skyhammer's and Astra's help. He turned his head slowly at hearing Warpath's request.

"Skyfall and the gang are tryin' ta save the house, but I dunno if they can... Warpath, get down to medbay and grab Countdown, and get the both a' ya outta here pronto!"
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

A loud crack emitted from Whirl's parlyzo-box, heralding the death of his stasis field.

"Well, that's the end of that." He looked around. "Did that do it, or are we all going to die?"
Brave Maximus

Post by Brave Maximus »

Skyfall checked the readings and sighed a little:

"No Whirl, looks like we're going to be ok. Lava has been sealed off. A little thinner at the far edge than I would have liked - but I'm not complaining."

He opened his comm:

"All Neo's: Come out and start getting those support pylons in place. The Ark isn't just going to sit there like that!

Aero Blade:
If you can drop the shield, it would be helpful."

As he exited the Omega he spotted Springer and Sixswitch:

"You guys can give us a hand if you'd like....."

He then turned to Whirl and offered his hand to the Wrecker as he floated up on his thrusters:

"Thanks for the assisst - we couldn't have saved the Ark with out you."

Starlight, Nemesis and Ark left the Omega and took to the air, getting ready to spot weld the support struts
Amarant Odinson
Protoform

Post by Amarant Odinson »

Dropshot, Artfire and Steper took the support pylons they had gotten earlier and followed the Minicons out to the lava. each took a certain postion. Dropshot looked over at the Minicons and said" You guys tell us where you want them and we hold in place while you set it up. Just be quick about it. I don't want to be hovering over a lava pit all day."

Artfire just chuckled and replied " What's the matter Dropshot? Too hot for you?"

And without turning, he answered back. "Boy, Don't make come over and kick your ass. You try to sass me like that and I'll gut those flight circuts out of you and watch you drop like a stone into the magma, you understand?"

Stepper started laughing because at least this time it wasn't him getting yelled at.

"And what are you laughing at? I have no problem doing the exact same thing to you. Only difference is that Artfire could survived that little steam bath, you couldn't." Dropshot then smiled before continuing. "Besides, I've been looking for a new spotter for a while. The fact that you've lasted the long is a shock to even Primus himself."
WRESTLING:
In Canada, its a Tradition... in Mexico, its a Religion.... in Japan, its a Sport... in America.... Its a Joke.

Warit00
Protoform

Post by Warit00 »

Warpath run to the medbay and started to repairCountdown "I don't know much about repair a robot I can only repair a computer."Then Warpath start looking for something in medbay
"I found it! this datapad!How to repair robot:basic ."
then Warpath continue reapair Countdown.
Sixswitch

Post by Sixswitch »

"Yeah, I suppose I could," Sixswitch replied, hopping to the ground, and transforming to robot mode. His lasers appeared out of subspace, and he flicked switches on both barrels, turning them to a lower setting.

"Sixswitch to all Neos. If you can get the support struts into position, I can weld them in place. That should mean you spend a bit less time getting char-grilled."
Aero Blade

Post by Aero Blade »

Within a moment or two of the transmission being sent, the shield flickered and dissapeared, giving them access to start securing the pylons. "Anything else I can do in here?" Aero radioed to Skyfall from the command centre.

Stratus meanwhile waited around with the other minicons for the chance to start helping with the welding. That was a task that could easily be done for him.
Hyper Prime
Protoform

Post by Hyper Prime »

Countdown slowly puttered around until he faintly saw Jazz, and stumbled as he transformed to robot mode. He looked up and asked, "Uh... Jazz, what is going now? What happened to the Decepticons? DId we win...?"
Brave Maximus

Under the Ark

Post by Brave Maximus »

Skyfall took to the air and nodded to Sixswitch as he made his offer to weld the base plates down. He turned to Dropshot, Artfire and Stepper, pointing out where the support struts should go to carry the weight. As Aero Blade's message came in, things were progressing well, the minicons were starting to weld the first pylons in place, their bases being ready for the Wreckers on the ground.

"We're pretty good down here, Aero Blade," The Neo's commander called out. "Keep working on the computer system. Get a list of what ever is going to need to be replaced. We'll use it for our next 'Shopping trip.'....."

He then changed the frequencies:

"Astra What's the situation with our wounded?"

OOC: EDITED because I forgot something
StoneCold Skywarp
Custom Title: Best Served Chilled

Post by StoneCold Skywarp »

Springer sat and watched the ants busily building away, trying to save all they'd built up and began to realise to himself that by taking the Ark away from the Neos that he'd be just like Prime.

These guys may be rookies for the most part, but we can't take their base from them...couple that with the Decepticons knowing about it and we could all end up char-grilled with Scorponok knocking on the door...fact of the matter is we need somewhere that's hidden away...and not too obvious...

Springer watched Whirl wondering exactly how he was, before he noticed the scowling figure of Roadbuster watching over them all. Springer half smiled, happy to see his friend, though the smile quickly dropped as he racked his brain for a new base of operations.
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Roadbuster: -slinging his assualt rifle, subspacing his linear blaster cannon, switching his shoulder mounted shrapnel cannon to standby mode, wipes the think trickle of lubricant still leaking from the gouge in his head and pooling on the ledge at the base of his optic band, flicks the gobbet of oil to the floor- "Ya know, boss, we could always take an old 'Con base, convert it to our needs."
MirageFanGal
Protoform

Post by MirageFanGal »

"What's happening? Do we still need to evacate? Jazz is up, but unable to move on his own, and it looks like Countdown is back in action" Astra replied as she recieved Skyfall's message.
Brave Maximus

Post by Brave Maximus »

As the Minicons continued to weld the support struts into place. Skyfall kept an optic on Springer and Co.

"Nah, Astra looks like we managed to keep the Ark from sinking. So, as long as Medbay is still operational, you can use that."

Then looking around, Skyfall opened his comm to the Neo's channel and with a slight sigh called out:

"This is Skyfall to Sixwing, come in Sixwing and give me a status Report."

Mt Vesuvius' Crater

The geological survey team, dressed in their silver heat resistant outfits, were a little startled to find Vesuvius to be quite cool. Temperature had only raised by 10 degree's C since the giant rock flew threw the air, and that could easily be atributed to the still cooling Magma that had been exposed.

They had not expected to find a Transformer lying just outside the hole, deactivated for all intents and purposes. They conversed for a while as to what to do, and which side it belonged to. Fortunatly, one of the younger members was a bit of a Transformers fanatic (belonging to many websites and discussion groups) and regognized the Golden Autobot symbol.

After agreeing that it would be best for the Autobots to deal with this robot, they started back down the hill. Only the youngest hearing Skyfall's message.....
Reflector

Entry Bay

Post by Reflector »

Jazz simply turned his head to face Astra and waited for an update on the situation below. His radio was in no shape for him to attempt a listen-in on the channel...