[Original RPG] The Edge of the Abyss: Image in the Sand (Carbombya)

Look back over the last decade-plus worth of games!
Drathal
Protoform

Post by Drathal »

Lower Orbit

Atlas looked at his control console. The gravity was too great for his ship to continue fighting, it was quickly losing power as well.

"Worthless peice of SLAG!" He shouted in fury and slammed his large fist into the control panel, destroying it. Immediately alarms went off as the engines cut out.

He moved back. "Wait! I didn't mean slag! I meant you wonderful machine! Please pull up! PLEASE!" He begged.

Atlas's begging went unnoticed and the ship flew down and collided with the Australian desert.

Australia-

Atlas groaned as he got up, the ship in tatters around him. He stumbled forward, and saw the distress signal going off. "Well, this could work out," He said looking out one of the now huge holes in the shuttle. This would never fly again, not after a crash like this.

He knew he'd have company soon... the question is, who?
"Allow me to present myself... Air Commander Starscream of the Decepticon Battle Fleet!"- Best line in Beast Wars
Reflector

Scorponok: Main Engineering

Post by Reflector »

The door was already open for them when they arrived. The three trucks treaded cautiously into the large room and began across the catwalks toward the machinery they could help. The dump truck pulled in last and stopped while the others transformed. Sledge as well disconnected and transformed.

"All right, go!" Hammer barked, still in bed mode. "First priority is the main thrust engine. Get on it."

With the precision and efficiency of the well-oiled machine they were about to build, the Constructor Squad got to work.

Metrotitan: Ratbat's Office

Gigatron's optics narrowed at the news, despite his attempts to remain neutral. He knew there was a reason he'd been hesitant to trust--

"Leozak..." he growled lowly.

His manner returned to him, and Gigatron waved to Ratbat dismissingly.

"Yes, of course. I trust you'll have everything in working order for our arrival. I shall follow you shortly, once Metrotitan's repairs are complete. As for Soundwave... I will speak with him myself."

Just before he could turn and be gone, a seldom-used light on Ratbat's desk activated. Gigatron looked to it with puzzlement. A distress signal? The nearby display showed its coordinates, and Gigatron harrumphed as he activated his comlink.

"Scorponok, certainly you've seen this uknown emergency call. Send some free men from over there to investigate. I'll expect a report once they've found it. Gigatron out."

With ever so slight a nod to Ratbat, Gigatron spun on his heels, his wings encompassing him like a flowing cape. He took a few short steps into the hall and transformed, again on his way.
Drathal
Protoform

Post by Drathal »

Atlas looked over the landscape and scowled, nowhere for him to lay ambush... unless...

He pointed his blasted out and shot a hole in a sand dune. He ripped the autobot symbols off him and walked towards the hole. He then transformed into the deadly hovering artillery piece and landed in the dune.

He slid back and forth until the sand covered over most of him. The two barrels pointed out.

It wasn't much, but it was the best he could do on such short notice. He switched the cannons from energy to ammuniton. The back switching in 2 of the heavy shells, locking them in place as the two cannons remain close to the sand, trying to look like debris from the shuttle.
"Allow me to present myself... Air Commander Starscream of the Decepticon Battle Fleet!"- Best line in Beast Wars
Sixswitch

Post by Sixswitch »

Windrazor nodded as Tempest entered the shuttlecraft.
"Permission granted. Our mission is to capture the Autobot, Mirage. Echoshift should be able to fill in the details."

He jabbed a button, and the shuttle's door slid shut.

"Engines at nominal. Taking us out," he explained for the benifit of the others.

A sheet of blue flame emerged from the twin engines at the rear of the sleek bat-winged shuttle as it lifted off the ground and gently headed out of Scorponok's bay. When it was clear, Windrazor angled the craft up into the air, and shot into the sky.

"Setting a course for America. Once we get within a few hundred miles of our target's last known location, I shall perform a scan to locate him."
I found God. Then I lost him. He'll probably turn up down the back of the sofa someday.
"The early bird gets the worm, but the early worm is ****ed."
"I'm not oppressing you Stan, but you haven't got a womb. Where's the fetus going to gestate? You going to keep it in a box?"
AngelOfDeath124
Protoform

(i'm feeling peachy)

Post by AngelOfDeath124 »

StarBlade settled into a seat, relaxing. This was not a typical mission for her, but it should prove fun. Rarely was she the one to take prisoners, but everyone needs to do some things to get ahead in this world.

Turning her head at the entrance of Tempest, the assassin raised a brow. "More help? Well, from what I've heard of Mirage, we could use the help, especially if I miss." She frowned, then muttered, "I seem to miss more often that I hit these days..."
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Weirdwolf watched intentedly as the shell was created.

Fascinating the ultimate melding of machinery and nature , a most useful tool . I must consider getting one not now but soon , the headmaster process would make me vulnerable , giving in to what I percieve from Carnivac 's hints is the innate feral nature of the shell letting the shell overtake you, control you .

Anothers thought patterns intruded on Weirdwolf's train of thought.

Stop drooling over that flea ridden furbag , ya got me ya know I'm much better that Squawnking Pretender shell . What was with you in dat fight holding back ya was , I could tell ya should have been there tearing into him with jaws and claws, making him bleed oil , ya a slagging coward

Hush Monzo enough of your crudities , We have a deal your demands will be met paitence

well ya know what happens if ya don't I'll fight ya for control try and take over, instea dof just sitting here for the ride , force this body to crush your precious chess set Crunch crunch , now poker dats a proper game , ya can't even cheat at chess , dere's no money in it whats da point

The argument having come to a temporary halt Weirdwolf spoke .

"Interesting process it is , very useful tool I imagine it be , for now stick with Headmaster I will there are a few irregularities which ironed out must be first."
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Command Deck, Metrotitan

Ratbat nodded. "Aye, sir."

The cassetticon was out the door only moments after Gigatron, flicking on his comlink.

"Ramjet, Thrust, report to me in the desert between the cities immediately. We have an assignment."

Command Deck, Scorponok

Scorponok nodded gravely.

"Yes. Yes it is, General."

He half-smiled cruelly as he recieved Gigatron's order.

"I've seen it. The call is coming over a retired Autobot frequency." The expression blossomed fully. "I'll go myself and test my new form. Scorponok out."

The newly-built city commander used the mental link he had with his larger body to scan for available Decepticons with the skills he needed.

"Weirdwolf, Nightracer and Quake, report to my shuttlebay immediately."

He glanced at Hatemonger and Spinister.

"I trust you two will keep my city from being destroyed in my absence. If you need direct access to the systems, summon my drone Fasttrack."

Without waiting for a reply, Scorponok headed out the door.

Corridors, Metrotitan

Scrapper lead his Constructicons through the city.

"The Micromasters have taken the engine room, I see." He shrugged. "To the head module, then. We'll see to repairing the city's computers."

All the other Constructicons (save for Long Haul, who was in vehicle mode) nodded in understanding.
Infecticon
Protoform

Post by Infecticon »

Even as the metrodrone checked Carnivac's control link (and updated what systems it had too), inside the cylinder the pretender shell was taking shape. As the circuits, metals, and other pretender shell materials solidified, Carnivac felt it awaken in his mind...bringing with it a new prespective.

When Weirdwolf spoke, the pretender shell cocked it's head while looking at the headmaster as if it was considering the headmaster. Even without looking up, Carnivac knew how the more feral side of him saw the Headmaster... a risk with crunchy head and squishy middle.

They're not prey, Carnivac mentally told it while considering Weirdwolf's words. The pretender shell narrowed it's optics, clearly not liking that answer, but grinned evilly when part of Carnivac's cerebro-circuitry added yet. In the end, Carnivac said to the Headmaster " Smart move."
------------
Scorponok

Having received Scorponok's message, Nightracer started heading towards the shuttle bay.
" It doesn't matter if you win or lose,
it's how much damage you cause to
the other party."
Ravage
Protoform

Post by Ravage »

Quake jumped up grabbing Tiptop and Heater.

"Alright! We get to blow something up!" He yelled running to the shuttle bay as fast as he could.

Hatemonger nodded and looked at Spinster approvingly.

"We will defend the city with our lives if need be." Hatemonger said in almost a businesslike fashion.

Cryotek arrived at Metrotitan seeing repairs were already underway.

"Well time to get to work." He said and decided to goto Metrotitan's head unit to replace one of the optics with the prized optic he stole from Metroplex.
Reflector

Post by Reflector »

(OOC: All right, that's enough outta you! Git goin'!)

**Topic Closed**