[Original RPG] Edge of the Abyss: Rising Tide (Nemesis)

Look back over the last decade-plus worth of games!
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Wingspan nodded as he tapped on his keyboard. Shuddering at the thought of 4 Pounces

"by Primus i'm glad I don't have 4 pounces to deal with .its a hard life as it is. Hopefully when this pans out it will make you stand out from the rest of them."
Tempest

Post by Tempest »

Tempest walked into conference room 3 and waited for Echoshift.
Ravage
Protoform

Post by Ravage »

Cryotek watched as the progress meter for Divebomb finished and reached 100% complete. With that the CV chamber opened up and Divebomb rolled out.

He looked noticably different, still the same black and oranage color scheme. But his animal charecterstics looked more defined more animal like.

Cryotek had him stay in stasis as the drones picked up and hoisted Rampage into the CV chamber. The chamber closed and locked and began to work on Rampage.
Infecticon
Protoform

Post by Infecticon »

If what Wingspan said about Pounce was true, then Breakdown considered it lucky that there wasn't four of him.

" I would be lieing if I said I didn't have any doubts about that" Breakdown said " but one can hope."
-------

Nightracer entered the conference room (three) and sat down.
" It doesn't matter if you win or lose,
it's how much damage you cause to
the other party."
Skystream
Protoform

Post by Skystream »

Echoshift walked into the conference room and spotted Tempest.

"Hey, fancy bumping into you again," he remarked, offering the other Decepticon a grin.
[color=000066]"Never trust a side that calls the other side evil. They're probably up to something."[/color]

"I found it through your yahoo profile. I was trying to look at a pic of you....and all I saw was this huge baddass truck." ~Zeeky
Current Cute Icon Adoptee: ImageLong Haul
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Wingspan nodded

" I 've got a bunch of Lambourghini parts building up in my Sheffield warehouse as soon as I can figure how to ship them out here you can have your pick. once I have some stock in Rochester i should be able to ship it straight to Quebec the 2 squishy cities are reasonably proximate i think ."
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Conference Room Three

Scorponok strode confidently through the doors, his tail brushing against the top of the frame as he did so. He turned his stern gaze on the Seacons, Nightracer, Echoshift and Tempest in turn.

The city commander walked to the head of the table, his long strides carrying him there in only a few paces. Once there, he swept his optics across the assembled Decepticons again.

"Lady and gentlemen," he said, using the usual turn of phrase that Zarak had begun speaches with despite the fact that it wasn't really applicable to a robotic species where gender was mostly an affectation, "our time on Earth has reached a crossroads. The Autobots are stricken. One of their cities lies in ruins, and their leader is nothing more than a pile of ash lying in the ruins of a Decepticon shuttle."

He paused, allowing his last comment to sink in for anyone who hadn't already heard it from the rumour mill.

"My fellow Decepticons, the time has come for us to take back what is ours! We will plunder this world's resources, enslave it's people, and do whatever we must to acquire the sheer might to liberate our homeworld from the Quintesson hordes!"

He held up an open claw, then slammed it down on the table for emphasis.

"Lord Gigatron has tasked me with personally commanding the first mission in this campaign. Together, we will assault the humans, turn their own devices against them, and carry out the first stage of our leader's master plan."

He stopped speaking for the moment, allowing his apparently spontainious but actually carefully crafted speech to sink in. After the troops had a few moments to mull over his rant, he would outline the specific mission.
Ravage
Protoform

Post by Ravage »

The Seacons all listened intendly to Scorpnok.

Snaptrap nodded smiled him and his men really needed to go on a mission like this to keep themselves from being too bored.

Hatemonger continued to monitor the probe on Cybertron not seeing anything too new to report but he eyed the feeds with the hopes of seeing something interesting.

Cryotek watched and made sure the upgrades to Rampage were going correctly.
Infecticon
Protoform

Post by Infecticon »

Breakdown said nothing as he listened to Wingspan talk.
---------

Smiling under her face mask at Scorponok's openning 'speech', Nightracer waited for him to give the details of the mission.
the other party."
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

"Breakdown any sucess with your side of things ?"

said Wingspan
Infecticon
Protoform

Post by Infecticon »

" Not as much as I'd like" Breakdown admitted " So far it looks as if it's partly paid for and partly given."
the other party."
Ravage
Protoform

Post by Ravage »

The CV chamber beeped and hummed and opened and slid out the improved rampage. He had a stronger, faster more animalistic looked the drones rolled over and put him onto a bed near Divebomb.

Cryotek pressed some more buttons and the drones picked up Tantrum and placed him on the CV chamber. It sealed it sealed and let out a high pitched screech as it began to work and continued it's work on the Predacon.

Hatemonger wondered if there was anything else of importance going on and got onto his Gigatron.

"Hmm, there appears to be nothing new occuring on Cybertron is there any tasks I can handle for you?" He asked.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Conference Room Three

Satisfied that his rant had caught the attention of his troops, Scorponok adopted a more calm demenour. Reaching out with one huge claw, he activated the room's holoprojector. The device lit up, and a 3-D projection of the west coast of North America appeared in mid-air.

"As you know, the Nemesis is located here," a point in the Pacific Ocean began blinking, a few hundred miles off the Oregon shore.

"Our primary target is here," another spot began blinking, very close to the human city of San Francisco. "This is the human facility known as the Hunter's Point Naval Shipyard. It was a major American shipyard until approximately fifty years ago, when it was shut down. The humans have recently upgraded the base using Autobot technology and brought it back online. The complex is now one of the most high-tech manufacturing facilities on this backwards planet."

The commander snarled. "Unfortunately, it is also one of the most heavily-guarded. A fully-equipped American carrier group is anchored in San Francisco Bay to protect the shipyard. The fleet isn't a significant threat to us, especially with the Seacons taking part in the mission, but engaging them near the base could end up damaging the shipyard. We can't risk that, so we have to get...creative."

The hologram zoomed in, showing a detailed image of a single prominant island in the San Francisco Bay.

"This is Alcatraz Island. Formerly an infamous prison, it is now one of the most well-known tourist attractions in the world. We will launch an all-out attack on the island, destroying landmark buildings, terrorizing innocents and generally calling as much attention to ourselves as we can. The fleet will have little choice but to respond, moving away from the shipyard and allowing us to dispose of it safely."

The hologram panned across the Bay, showing a close-up of the shipyard.

"Once the fleet is out of the picture, we will move in and secure Hunter's Point. Once we have cleansed it of humans, a team of technical drones will launch from the Nemesis and use the shipyard to manufacture certain...devices that we require."

The massive Decepticon's face twisted into a cruel grin.

"Because Autobot interference will be likely, we will have to provide a distraction to keep them from trying to take the base back from us. So, after the drones arrive, we will move out into the nearby cities and cause as much high-profile damage as we can. The more disasterous situations we can create, the longer it will be before the Autobots can interfere in our plans.

"Because this is such an important mission, there can be no failure. If you meet significant Autobot resistance, you are authorized to call in as much backup as needed. If that means bringing extra troops ashore from the Nemesis, then we will do just that. Defeat is not an option. Any questions?"

Throne Room

Gigatron tabbed the comm control on his armrest, opening a channel to reply to Hatemonger.

"Actually, there is. I've sent Scorponok on a small errand, and I think you may need to get involved later." He paused, considering. "Come down to my office. It wouldn't do to have word of this project leak out, if anyone happened to be listening at your door."
Ravage
Protoform

Post by Ravage »

Snaptrap nodded and spoke up addressing Scorpnok.

"Sir, I have a few ideas. Piranacon can wait underseas, since the humans probably have no clue what we are, if we make correct sonic noises we can show up as large undersea mammals. Once the ships get near us we shall send them to Davey Jones Locker. Also, from what I've seen of that area there is a lot of traffic." He paused a moment then continued to speak.

"I think the Stunticons and Contructicons could blend into the area then when we launch our attacks have them strike in the city to create more chaos and confusion." The Seacon leader explained hoping to not have stepped too far out of line. Undersea warfare was his game but he certainly knew his overall war tactics.

Hatemonger smiled clicked on his com-link.

"On my way sir." He said and started for Gigatron's office.
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Wingspan nodded

" good data , keep up the excellent work, knowledge is pppower.
There supplies will start drying up and prices will rocket. We just need to collect the parts and have the Constructors here make a few alterations undetectable by anyone and we are ready to sell the parts back to the Bots . Profit for us , Ratbat is pleased ,Autobot cash reserves will be depleted and their will be accidents and failures and perhaps if wwe arre lllucky fatalities

Wingspan rubbed his hands together and chuckled evilly.
Salnak Devious

Post by Salnak Devious »

Conference Room 3

Tempest looked around the conference room, and then at Scorponok and then remembered what had just been said.

"What type of ships will be in the fleet? Destroyers, Battleships or Aircraft Carriers? Also, when attacking the cities, do we impose that we are also gathering energy so the Autobots don't think we are up to something else?"

Med Bay

Somewhere in Divebomb’s mind he was processing what had just having, he was constantly in battle scenarios, and during on of the missions a bright blue light emitted from his chest, his very body collapsed and sprung forth from this light. He had been reborn into his new mode with a new life blood flowing through his veins. And just as suddenly as it had started before, it ended with Divebomb opening his eyes in the medical bay.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Conference Room Three

Scorponok nodded, mulling over the Seacon leader's ideas.

"I'll leave the finer points of naval strategy to you, Snaptrap. You and your troopers have more experience in that environment than myself or any other Decepticon currently on this planet."

The large, clawed Decepticon frowned slightly.

"As for your other suggestion, it is tactically sound. Bringing that many troops into the city openly might alert the Autobots that we are up to more than a simple act of terrorism, though. I'll place the Stunticons on alert; their talents at fear-mongering would prove useful if we meet serious resistance."

He said no such thing about the Constructicons; they and their leader were far too friendly with Ratbat for his liking.

Scorponok pressed several buttons on his comlink, then spoke. "Scorponok to Motormaster. I've sent a battle plan to your personal database. Study it. Your unit may be called in to serve as backup on the operation if the Autobots mount a major counter-attack."

Finally, he turned to Tempest. "The fleet is a standard American carrier battle group. One aircraft carrier, two cruisers, two destroyers, a frigate and supply ship."

He cleared his throat. "You can pretend to be gathering energy if you can find a way to do so. It's not a major goal, though. As long as we give them enough humans to rescue, they won't be able to piece together our plan until it is too late."
Ravage
Protoform

Post by Ravage »

Cryotek looked over at Divebomb while the CV chamber was working on Tantrum.

"Hmm, I thought I set your systems to reactivate after I finished with the rest of the team." He shrugged sometimes even machines can be imperfect.

"Anyway, this let's you be the first. So tell me how does your new body feel? I can give you all the technical mumbo jumbo after." He asked.

Snaptrap nodded.

"Good enough sir. We do we prepare for action? I would like my men to be refueled and reloaded within the hour." He asked.
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Wingspan tapped some commands into his computer pressed enter and sat back.

He then opened a com link to Ratbat

"This is Wingspan with my progres report. Ratbat phase 1 is ongoing , I have obtained quanties of spare parts essential for the repair of the autoscum, phase 2 is also up and running we are funding several groups worldwide who are also increasing the demand for these parts.

Demand for Lamborghini parts is up 433,45 % over base levels at the start of the mission . I now need permission to initiate phase 3.

I have rented 2 warehouses : 1 in Rochester in the Squishy country of America , the parts gathering there I am anticipating discreetly shipping up to Quebec where Breastforce can collect them. The second warehouse covers my European operation and is based in Sheffield in the Squishy country of Great Britain. I wish to make a trip to collect parts from there and check on the efficacity of my squishy operatives.

I seek permission to make a quick shuttle run with 2 Stunticons as backup. It will be discreet as we do not wish to tip our hand before phase 3 is initiated.

Once we have the parts the Constructors can start on phase 3 and add discreet flaws to the parts before we launch phase 4 and sell the parts to the Autobots through a series of cutouts."
Infecticon
Protoform

Post by Infecticon »

Mess Hall

" Understood" Motormaster said over the commlink to Scorponok, then started to looked over the data. After a while, Motormaster grinned and alerted the other Stunticons about their 'might be' mission.

--------

Hearing Wingspan's speech and Motormaster's message, Breakdown had to grin.
--------
Conference Room Three

Nightracer stayed silent as the other Decepticons in the room talked. She was listening to all of the conversations, but Nightracer knew that there wasn't much she could add...if anything at all.
the other party."