[Original RPG] Edge of the Abyss Part 4.2: Rising from the Ashes cont. (Autobase)

Look back over the last decade-plus worth of games!
Scout

~To be continued in Edge of the Abyss Part 4.2: Rising from the Ashes (cont. Autobase

Post by Scout »

Summary in very brief :

As the Autobots continue to recover from the last Decepticon attack on their two main Earth citybots, several areas of activity are occuring. Metroplex was felled entirely in the battle, and repairs are in progress for him. In Fortress Maximus, the beginning of gathering the troops together, fortifying defenses, repairs, and the gathering of energon is in progress. A lingering Decepticon group was tracked down after they used a captive autobot as an exchange for a Decepticon prisoner after the battle. In an attempt to capture their shuttle, the Autobot's main leader Optimus Prime was severely damaged. Now his security crew must try to boost troop morale while attempting to keep the exact situation somewhat vague.

---------------
---------------

Prowl glanced to Grimlock with a brief, slightly displeased expression and then nodded upon the evaluating look. It was clear to him in an instant that the Dinobot commander was in immediate need of repairs. His calm, business manner took over and he motioned toward the door. The strategist knew that every Autobot needed to be at their peak performance in case another attack might occur.

"It was good of you to come quickly Grimlock. Your support and strength are vital to our success, and your repairs must take precedence."
He flipped to an internal secured channel and continued as he turned away and back to the computer.
"We must work together - closely for an indefinite amount of time. Optimus Prime has suffered extreme damage and is in critical condition. Many of our supplies are also at critically low levels, and there is the very urgent and pressing matter of potential and likely defectors. Each and every Autobot's support and cooperation is needed if we are to survive."

Prowl paused briefly. The next phrase was somewhat distasteful to him. Past events had long shown the dinobots to be reliable only in being unreliable. But there could be no room for error now, nor pride. As much as it hurt his processesor, he had to base trust on the few times the Dinos had cooperated.

"Grimlock, the assistance and support of yourself and your dinobot troops are a necessity. The dinobots are strong and skilled warriors, and you are a strong commander. There are few in our ranks that can match the dinobots' power. Above all, we cannot endanger the native life on this planet, but until Optimus returns, we must have additional protective forces that are reliable in our troops. After you are all repaired, will the dinobots be staunch supporters under your command for the Autobot goals while Optimus is recovering?"
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Silencer worked hard on the list with Smokescreen .

"Finished my bit what now Smokescreen?"
Scout

Post by Scout »

Smokescreen grinned. He was pleased that they had finished so quickly. "Now- we take a break while we wait for those supply requisitions to be approved. Once they are, we can go get your partner and pick up the supplies. Feel like a pizza Silencer?"

--------
--------

Inferno stalked into Metroplex's labs and began cleaning and starting repairs.

--------
--------
In the delivery bay,
Spike was watching Minerva and Ratchet work quietly when a movement caught his attention. Mirage stood up and slowly hobbled toward the hall.
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Silencer grinned

"pizza sounds like an ace idea mate."
Scout

Post by Scout »

"Fantastic." Smokescreen chuckled and transformed, opening his door in the process. "I ordered a stock of the pies a week ago and they're in now. We can cook a couple up and take them around to the other Nebulons too... maybe see if Minerva or Brainstorm have time to come - heh- make security more efficient."
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Medbay, Fort Max:

Brainstorm: -looks over at Wheeljack- "Good grief. What happened to you?"

Security Center, Fort Max:

Grimlock: -nods- "We stay and help." -shrugs- "Not like we got anywhere to go. Me lost speaking tour gig to 'Vocab Builder for Fun and Profit', and firefighter association not letting Slag near barbeque pit anytime soon. Something about not wanting char-broiled hot dog this year, heavy on char." -straightens- "Me go to repair by now." -walks out of room-
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Silencer replied

" lead me to them mate , might even raid Landfill's supply of fortified energon for ya , he's got some North Sea Special from 1996 you could try a few jars of ."
Brave Maximus

Incoming Transmission - Heavy interference

Post by Brave Maximus »

"........ that Ironhide,........ go sightseeing............."
Sociopathic Autobot

Post by Sociopathic Autobot »

Brawn didn't need to be told twice. He wanted to get this hole dug. The drill turned fourty degrees downward and began to spin. It punched through the Earth and began to create a hole in the Earth.
Scout

Post by Scout »

"Here Prowl." Ultra Magnus said quietly as he walked into the security quarters and took a chair. He knew the strategist could see and hear him, and the seasoned commander would wait patiently until Prowl could talk with him.

He didn't have to wait long.

With the push of a button series, Prowl audibly and visually secured the room. "In brief Magnus, Optimus Prime suffered extreme damage. I am awaiting the medical reports from Ratchet. From an unfielded opinion, it is unlikely that he will be fit for more than partial duty for an indefinite time if he survives. Our supplies are dangerously low. Morale is weak, and many...... *Prowl caught the edge of his rising temper* deserters... need to be either restrained or regained. We need to strengthen our resolve and the force if we are to survive."

The veteran soldiers watched each other intently for a moment and then Ultra Magnus held up a hand. "I understand. Strategically we are weak in all areas and Optimus is a great loss. I hope that will be temporary. We must rebuild the trust within the ranks and continue to effect repairs. I will assist in whatever role is needed."

In agreement, Prowl motioned at a screen that showed the field commanders. "The need comes in strengthening our combined leadership. The security director has instructed us to keep Optimus' condition unavailable to the troops. I have yet to notify Ironhide of the situation. He was dispatched to assist the Neo group, and is expected to return with them after he assists in preventing a nuclear plant failure."

Magnus nodded. "I agree with Red Alert's choice. Ironhide should be informed as soon as possible." After a brief pause in considering the nuclear plant, he followed up with a pressing question. The strategist was cut and dry when it came to loyalty, and had little tolerance for individuals that did not follow orders. The rare bit of irritation feeding through his word choice at the start of the conversation concerned Ultra Magnus.
"What is your assessment of the Neo group, Prowl?"

"They've been a functional unit, and have constructed a degree of trust amongst each other. If upon evaluation, they prove themselves to be able to follow orders, as well as both be loyal to our cause and to excel as a team, we will register them as such in our rankings, and institute a specialized training program for them. A centralized set of temporary quarters are open and available for them on upper floor deck 4 in Max's left arm hall, and it will be outfitted with equipment and supplies for them. If they will not be subordinate and cannot be trusted, they will be disbanded and the uncooperative individuals removed by Skyfire to join the refugee colony."

Ultra Magnus considered the information carefully. "You said 'temporary' Prowl."

"I did. I think it likely they will prove themselves capable, but I cannot figure a probablility for being trustable. When Metroplex's repairs are completed, I believe it would be a good decision to give them permanent quarters in Metroplex in the lower left leg on wing 2."

"And you're expecting me to keep a watch on them?" Magnus hid a growing smirk.

"I think they'd be more effective and efficient at being based at Metroplex under your command and training. They will provide added protection, function as a strike unit, and they'd have a top ranking officer for a direct commander. But we must await the evaluation."

"Agreed. It is a good plan, but now I must return to assist Big Daddy. Repairs are going well, and he was seeing to the foundry. I'll need his assistance for preparing the training room."

Prowl nodded and then frowned slightly as the reminder brought the recent events to the front of his attention. "Call up any individuals you require. I had to shut down Max's training room from a glitch. It trapped the dinobots in a session and they were unable to communicate. See if any of the technicians are available and have them check on it."

Ultra Magnus rose and gave an agreeable nod as he left the secured room. When he was gone, Prowl looked down at his hands and let a frustrated shake of the head slip.
"Time for repairs. More critical time lost."
Igos Du Inka
Protoform

Post by Igos Du Inka »

*Sends Ultra Magnus a transmission*

Nick: Hey *static* Magnus how are ya*static* hope you still *static* remember me. *static* I'm at Autobace *static* been looken for *static* you and Arcee *static* Hot Ro *static* I'm looseing connection got to*static* go.
Hey! Come join the most adictive RPG of all time at www.the4th-coming.com, If you join ask for Kratos
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Makeshift Medbay, Fort Max

"They taught me a great many things. Advanced medicine wasn't one of them."

Red Alert glared down at Minerva, but his attention was drawn before he could utter a vieled threat that was on the tip of his vocal unit. His optics tracked over to Mirage, who seemed to be trying to steal away from the group when no one was looking.

"Sit," he instructed the spy, his voice as cold as the vacuum of space.

Medbay, Fort Max

Snarl stormed in, glared maliciously at anyone who paid attention to him, then secured himself inside a CR chamber.

Armoury, Fort Max

Crosshairs continued to work with the base's limited ammo supplies. Currently, he was busy recharging a stack of standard power cells for use in energy weapons.
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Flintlock stepped back Landfill was shining and gleaming, very unlike his normal self

Landfill stretched as he transformed into his robot mode

He took the hose from Flintlock and was about to stow it when he saw Trailbreaker trundling past. Quick as a flash he aimed it and squirted the black autobot.

"hey Trail good buddy you been doing a good job but you got a little muddy let me help clean you off."
Sociopathic Autobot

Post by Sociopathic Autobot »

Blaster had no problem making sure Nick's little transmission never made it too Ultra Magnus. Old frequency, and it was best to not let intruders do what they want.

~~

"Prowl, this is Windcharger. I have the human, but I am not sure what to do with it. He claims to know Ultra Magnus, Hot Rod and Arcee. I've never seen him before, or even heard of him. Any ideas?" Windcharger asked, still carrying the way-ward human. "He's also trying to use an old radio to get a hold of him."
Scout

Post by Scout »

Ultra Magnus headed back towards the refinery, unaware that Nick's incoming message had been blocked. A glimmer of a small smile flickered on his face as he noted the amount of repairs that had been completed, the new runways, the new tunnel. "They've been working hard. The Decepticons haven't broken our spirt - yet."

--------
--------

"Well done Blaster. Give me the status of our communications equipment and any requests for additional supplies as soon as possible. I also want you to begin working on a frequency to do a little listening in on the Wreckers if we should find we require the use of such a thing in the future. Take your time- it needs to be a one-way listening channel."

Prowl stood and began walking toward the medical center, but had only gotten a few steps when he heard from Windcharger.

"Interesting Windcharger. I suppose it is reasonably possible. The Earth Defense Command did work with them and involved many humans. Bring him to me in medbay. I will find out more from him there. I also have a project for you if you are unoccupied."

---------
---------
Trailbreaker laughed and transformed, promptly spinning his wheels and splattering mud into the air. "One good turn deserves another Landfill! The humans keep saying mud's good for the skin."

---------
---------
Mirage stopped in his tracks and got a tired expression. Obediently, he slowly sat down and leaned against a wall before closing his optics.
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Landfill was covered in mud

Flintlock shook his head in dismay

Landfill sprayed Trailbreaker with the hose some more

"so they do say good buddy , they also reccomend regular cleansing"
Zisteau

(OOC:Woo, back.)

Post by Zisteau »

Makeshift Medbay. Fort Max.

Bumper nodded afirmative to Red Alert. "Sure, I can keep this quiet if that's what you need me to do."

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

Fort Max. Entrance Ramp.

Powerglide heard the transmission and scowled. Flying had to be put off once again. "Sorry Pipes, looks like I've got other orders." Powerglide turned and headed inside to find Windcharger and see about Nick.

Pipes shrugged and continued out. "You going to keep me company, Arcee?

(OOC: Arcee is still with him AFAIK, right?)

++++++++++++++++++++++++

Outside Fort Max.

Huffer watched as Quickmix was picked up and flown off. He shrugged and transformed, driving towards Metroplex.
MirageHoundFan
Protoform

Post by MirageHoundFan »

Fort Max Perimeter

Cliffjumper glanced back, wondering where Warpath and Rosdos were, then opened a comm-link to his patrol buddies

"Where are you two"

Med-bay, Fort Max

"Same old, same old" Wheeljack glanced at Brainstorm and replied sheepishly, then winced as something rattled in his chest and he got reminded some part in that area was loose before adding "Anything going on around here I can help with?"

Makeshift med-bay

Still leaning against the door leading to the corridors to prevent anyone else entering, Devcon had been glancing at Spike, wondering what he was, when Mirage trying to leave caught his attention and he watched, frowning at the ice in the security director's voice as he addressed the spy, weren't the Earth Autobots meant to be a team?

Airfield

Watching Brawn get to work, Grapple transformed to clear the earth from the tunnel's construction by using his alt mode's claw to compress it and transport over to the air-field for the other team to use.

Catila had been idly watching the others when a patch of mud from Trailbreaker's playful attack on Landfill whammed into his face.
In a flash, the large sabre-toothed cat was in his feet, growling, his tail twitching wildly, mud dripping down his face.

"So now I'm asking more of you than I have before. Maybe all. Sure as I know anything, I know this, they will try again. Maybe on another world, maybe on this very ground swept clean. A year from now, ten? They'll swing back to the belief that they can make people better. And I do not hold to that. So no more runnin'. I aim to misbehave" - Captain Mal Reynolds
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Medbay, Fort Max:

Brainstorm: -runs a scanner over Wheeljack- "Well, you could check one of our CR chambers for light leaks. What did you do, blow yourself up?"

Grimlock: -strides in, walks over to a CR chamber, gets in, lets it get to work after telling it not to bring his shell online to assist in the repairs, then spending a few minutes having to override the automatics in the Pretender shell programming, sighs, thinks to self- "Me really hate stupid shell......."

Makeshift Medbay, Fort Max:

Minerva: -keeps working on Hound-

Shuttle bay, Fort Max:

Fortress: -over commlink- "Hoist, could you join me down here in the shuttle bay? Repairs are proceeding, but a more practiced optic than mine should give the systems a going over."
As a professional tanuki (I'm a Japanese mythological animal, and a good luck charm), I have an alarm clock built into me somewhere. I also look like a stuffed animal. And you thought your life was tough......

3DS Friend Code: 1092-1274-7642
Scout

Post by Scout »

Inferno righted some shelving and fused it into place, then looked around at the finished repairs in the engineering lab. His growing boredom finally flared. The search and rescue autobot hissed in irritation and then frowned deeply.

"I oughtta be crackin' some Decepticon heads - not doing stuff the techies should be doin'. Day after day we either get bombarded, or play tuck and cover. Then I'm left pickin' up the pieces and the medics are wiped because of so many injuries. Maybe Springer's got it right. I bet the Wreckers are out there bashing the Decepticons from here to kingdom come. Takin' care of the Cons first is the way to go."

He paused and glanced toward a small window overlooking the outer perimeter. Slowly, a smirk grew on his face. Inferno turned and jogged out of the room.

-------
-------

Trailbreaker couldn't help but laugh at the ever-growing muck puddle around the group, but caught Catilla's quick movement. He stopped spinning his wheels when he noticed the angry Autobot, but the expression on the feline-bodied figure was too much to keep from laughing about. He burst into a series of sniggers and laughs, trying to eek out an apology. It took quite some doing because of the extreme laughing fits he was having.
"S...orry... Catilla!"