[Original RPG] End of the Line: Invasion (San Francisco)

Look back over the last decade-plus worth of games!
Elcor
Protoform

Post by Elcor »

Jetwave descended, decreasing his speed so he won't be burned by air drag. At last he identified the familiar outline of a bridge, now damaged, under him.

Nearing the bridge, he transformed in mid-air, entering the water in his robot form.

It's here somewhere and I'll find it. Can't let a good missile go to waste - he thought as he scanned the bottom for the Granite missile he disabled by Ultra Magnus's orders.

I'll find it and I'm gonna have a little talk to Magnus. It seems the Autobots on this planet definitely lack in organisation... Perhaps an advice or two from my experience on Aqua would be helpful.

His sensor registered a metal object not far ahead.

"A-ha, here you are!" - he said to himself then stopped suddenly. "What???"

A bus filled with dead humans was lying on his side on the bottom. Jetwave shrugged his shoulders at the sight.

"Just some more casualties. Nothing special, after all." - he spoke to himself aloud again.

"But where's that Unicron damned missile?"
TILL ALL ARE ONE!
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Atmosphere

The Decepticon transport's hyperdrive engines engaged, and it disappeared.

Golden Gate

Scorponok boarded the ramp of his oncoming shuttle, then nodded once to Magnus, an almost...respectful gesture. Then the ramp slid up, and Scorponok took the ship's controls.

The shuttle curved away from the edge of the city, diving underwater and heading back towards the Nemesis. His troops, being Decepticons, were all more than capable of flying or swimming the short distance to the base on their own power.
Zisteau

Post by Zisteau »

Powerglide swooped down, transformed, and landed next to where Magnus stood. "Well, that went swimmingly." Powerglide paused a second and then sank to his knees, clutching his shins. "OWWWWW!!!" he yelled, a bit more theatrically than was necessary, for the first time noticing the damage to his lower body.
Reflector

Post by Reflector »

Ultra Magnus' optics followed Scorponok's shuttle antipathetically until the remnants of the splash it created had passed. Never could be too sure with Decepticons... Magnus grunted with some sort of audible finality, giving Powerglide a slightly concerned glance.

"We accomplished our objective," Magnus declared to the flyer as he pulled from the water the charred and bent hunk of metal that had been his rifle. "The question is whether Scorponok accomplished his... See First Aid if your wounds are serious, Powerglide. If not, see where Hot Spot needs you. I'm afraid we have a lot of people to rescue."

Magnus turned to briefly survey the damage, giving Jetwave a crooked and disapproving glance at his display, and raised his wrist-comm to his mouth.

"Ultra Magnus calling Autobase. The Decepticons have left San Francisco, but they were succesful in launching a ship into orbit. Classification and purpose unknown. We are now undertaking preliminary rescue efforts. Over."
Sociopathic Autobot

Post by Sociopathic Autobot »

"Hey, get back here!" Brawn transformed back to robot mode and gave up chase too the escaping Nightracer.
Infecticon
Protoform

Post by Infecticon »

Does that dim-spark really think I would follow his order, Nightracer thought as she put her rifle into subspace and took to the air. Flying like this had never been her favorite thing to do, but she liked swimming less.

Nightracer started to head back tot he Nemesis.
" It doesn't matter if you win or lose,
it's how much damage you cause to
the other party."
Elcor
Protoform

Post by Elcor »

At last, Jetwave has located his lost missile among the underwater debris, sunken cars and parts of the broken bridge. Taking it in his hands, he activated the subspace pocket circuit and put the missile back in storage with the others.

Surfacing back, he approached Ultra Magnus.

"I'd like to talk with you, Ultra Magnus" - he addressed the leader. "About this battle... and about our strategy, if you're interested."
TILL ALL ARE ONE!
Zisteau

Post by Zisteau »

Powerglide got up and limped off towards Hot Spot, grumbling about his shiny new paint job being wrecked again.
God Jinrai
Protoform

Post by God Jinrai »

Hawk came down on his foot boosters, hovering over the water next to magnus.

"With all due respect, We've got better things to do than talk about strategy right now. There's a seaboard and bridge that are on the verge of ruin, and it's up to US to make sure those people can get out of this damned warzone we've just made in one piece!"

Hawk was visibly angry with Jetwave at this point... the missile stunt before was one thing... the comment about the shining arrow attack was the nail in this one's coffin so far as hawk was concerned
Reflector

Post by Reflector »

Ultra Magnus watched Powerglide hobble off relieved. Theatrical, but a trooper nonetheless. Magnus glanced to Metalhawk and Jetwave and shook his head.

"Hawk's right. I'm open to criticism, but now is not the time. There are lives in the balance. If you can fly, get airborne and take a quick aerial surveillance of the city, transmit the data to Hot Spot, and do whatever he needs of you. I take it neither of you have any pressing injuries."

Magnus subspaced the remains of his gun as he spoke and began wading through the water toward the Protectobots. He had no time for conversations, people needed him...
Elcor
Protoform

Post by Elcor »

"I do have damages and they can wait indeed." - Jetfire answered to Ultra Magnus, thinking about commander's words.

He's right and wrong at the same time. Now is the time we leave the local population to their businesses, for they surely have their own means to cope with natural disasters. If we'd waste our time on Aqua with helping the locals we'd never won!

But it seems here the Autobots do it in this unefficient way. So I should act likewise too; besides, I have the orders. But I definitely should advise Magnus later on. He'd surely understand... or, if he won't, I'll talk to Prime himself!

"Orders accepted; I'll gather the data for Hot Spot and see how I can help." - he nodded, indicating obedience, changed back to his jet mode and soared up to the skies. At 1000 feet he turned the ascent into horisontal flight and commed Hot Spot:

"Hot Spot, this is Jetwave on city surveillance mission. Am sending you a viual data stream now. Do you copy?"

The panoramic view was great - a large city, several fires where the blasts of the battle ignited some flammable stuff made by humans, damaged and demolished buildings, one of which Jetwave accounted proudly for himself, a bridge hanging askew...

"Any special objective for me?" - he asked Hot Spot as the circle was completed and a full panorama of the city was acquired.
TILL ALL ARE ONE!
God Jinrai
Protoform

Post by God Jinrai »

"Negative, Magnus... I'll go attend to those fires that are out in the open..."

Metalhawk transformed into jet mode, rocketing skyward... there was a strip about five blocks long... building stability was moderate at worst... strong enough to handle what he was planning. The windows of those buildings were all cleared out...

"Hotspot, I'm making a pass over the Sunset strip... a few fires up here, but if you can get the area cleared of humans, I think a sonic boom might be enough to just blow them clean out."
Zisteau

Post by Zisteau »

Powerglide walked (limped) up to Hot Spot. "Well? What now?"
Reflector

Post by Reflector »

Magnus nodded approvingly as the others got to their duties. He was glad to see some measure of efficiency among his troops, even if the task that spurred them to it was so grisly as rescuing humans, or worse, taking body counts...

"All right, Hot Spot," Magnus called as he closed the gap through the knee-deep bay. "What do you need me to lift?"
Scout

Post by Scout »

Hot Spot stood up with a quick glance to the damaged side that First Aid had been patching, then turned to Powerglide and motioning for the medic to tend to the jet.

"First Aid will see to your injuries first. Once he's given his okay Powerglide, you can assist Groove with the shoreline damage repairs. Use the crumbled concrete in the water to stabilize the shoreline at the places where the heaviest damage happened."

First Aid knelt down and ran a diagnostic scanner near Powerglide's knees. "Medical readings are damaged joinings, some bearings and pivot damage, scored hydraulic lines and damaged epidermal tissues as well. But, you'll be good to go once I patch up the tissue holes. Once we get back, I can finish the repairs.

----------

Hot Spot clicked over to his radio. "Ultra Magnus... Streetwise and Blades are working on the bridge supports. If you can lift and hold the understructure beams, the others can weld the risers and cement the road back into place. Jetwave, you can help Powerglide secure the shoreline to prevent road washout, and help Groove with any humans that need assistance."
Zisteau

Post by Zisteau »

Powerglide nodded and sat down on a rock to await the attention of First Aid.
Elcor
Protoform

Post by Elcor »

Am I to help Powerglide or Groove? Or both of them? - Jetwave thought, irritated. I'm not a gestalt to split apart and go to several places at once!

Looking underneath he identified Powerglide and First Aid and made a decision.

If Powerglide's busy I'll get to Groove - simply enough!

Jetwave's scanners located the Protectobot below and he descended, transforming in his usual manner and impacting the ground in robot form already. But now this trick was painful to him - the damaged servos whined protestingly in his chest and joints, and the light in he facial slit disappeared for a nanobreem... but came back soon, amber-yellow.

Whoops... I'd better be careful next time - he reminded to himself and addresed the Protectobot:

"Hello Groove! I was sent here by Hot Spot to help you in securing the shoreline... Whatever it means! It's not like anybody is attacking it now, anyway" - it was a sorry joke indeed but better then nothing.

The tall figure of Jetwave - black and green, battle-scarred - towered impressively over the slender Protectobot.

"So, what's to do?"
TILL ALL ARE ONE!
Scout

Post by Scout »

Groove had been pushing a cement mixer backwards towards a washed-out area of road when Jetwave approached.

"Heh - noone's attacking it 'cept the water. Glad to have a hand though Jetwave!" Groove replied quickly and amiably as he motioned toward the eroding banks that were closing in on the road - threatening to wash away the foundation.

"That's the worst of it - I think if we get that there done up, the humans can look after the rest of the damage themselves."

The smaller Protectobot knew that Jetwave's size and strength could easily stabilize the ground long enough to repair it.

----------
----------

First Aid checked Powerglide's gauges and readings carefully and then smiled as he took out a magnetic tool. A small adjustment and a slight click later he stood up and clapped the jet on the shoulder.

"You'll be fine now until we get back to base, Powerglide. When we get back, I'll finish the rest of the repairs."

----------
----------

"Hold that riser steady Blades!" Streetwise called as he shoved at the leaning metal beams, trying to push them back into place under the damaged bridge.

Blades' foul mood turned even darker as his feet slid and grated across the submerged concrete. "Trying! There's nothing to brace against!"

"Hey, hey! Easy Blades. We'll get it done." Streetwise clipped his own impatience and then added quietly to himself, 'Somehow'.
Sociopathic Autobot

Post by Sociopathic Autobot »

"Magnus, are the Decepticon's running like scolded dogs or what?! I didn't get to bash any heads!" Brawn said somewhat angerily.
Zisteau

Post by Zisteau »

Powerglide flexed his leg experimentally, a pained look on his face. His face relaxed and he said "oh...that's much better." He hopped up and down a couple of times, and then ambled off to assist Groove with the shoreline damage repairs.